The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Old 07-05-2017, 05:57 AM   #241
TMNT_Guy
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
I kinda think the kids don't understand the game and just see cute critters that play peek-a-boo or something. Do these kids and Hot Topic buyers realize Freddy Fazzbear kills you in a hell of a horrible way if he catches you? Or that the whole backstory revolves around child murders?
I don't think it's any different then kids dressing up as Jason from Friday the 13th for Halloween or Freddy Krueger having his own rap song. Don't forget the original Ghostbusters was a movie meant for adults but gained a huge following with children.

Most kids just like getting scared. I know my niece loves watching people on Youtube play the games, but never wants to actually play them. I guess that way she can still get scared, but not so scared because of the humorous freakouts from the Let's Players. That ways the fear quickly turns into laughs, kind of like Scooby-Doo in a way.
Old 07-10-2017, 08:19 AM   #242
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNT_Guy View Post
I don't think it's any different then kids dressing up as Jason from Friday the 13th for Halloween or Freddy Krueger having his own rap song. Don't forget the original Ghostbusters was a movie meant for adults but gained a huge following with children.

Most kids just like getting scared. I know my niece loves watching people on Youtube play the games, but never wants to actually play them. I guess that way she can still get scared, but not so scared because of the humorous freakouts from the Let's Players. That ways the fear quickly turns into laughs, kind of like Scooby-Doo in a way.
True, but even then, both kids and adults continue to enjoy the next Friday the 13th or Nightmare of Elm Street (back in the day when they were pumping out sequels every year). Nowadays it seems only kids play FNAF and that's probably not in the direction the games were headed for. I'm sure Scott is happy people are playing his games, regardless of age, I'm just sure he didn't intend for them to be 99.9% kids.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 11:56 AM   #243
sdp
-

FNAF is a kids franchise, I was shocked when I found out and felt embarrassed but whatever I still like it. Sure Jason/Freddy were marketed to kids but this is on a totally different level, this one is sanitized and much of the "creepy" lore was likely made by a lot of kids.

Kids aren't stupid and they like scary things, I'm guessing the largest audience of FNAF is 6-10 year olds.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 11:24 AM   #244
The Deadman
Foot Elite

When was Jason Voorhees marketed to kids? lol.

Last Movie Watched: Leprechaun Origins (2014).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E11).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 02:02 PM   #245
sdp
-

Countless Halloween costumes, merchandise and memorabilia and even a video game,
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 02:16 PM   #246
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Countless Halloween costumes, merchandise and memorabilia and even a video game,
Yeah, you can just walk into a toy store and see countless toys meant for kids. The only things not meant for kids are strictly the movies.
Old 07-11-2017, 08:32 PM   #247
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
FNAF is a kids franchise, I was shocked when I found out and felt embarrassed but whatever I still like it. Sure Jason/Freddy were marketed to kids but this is on a totally different level, this one is sanitized and much of the "creepy" lore was likely made by a lot of kids.

Kids aren't stupid and they like scary things, I'm guessing the largest audience of FNAF is 6-10 year olds.
No, the lore is in the actual games through hints and mini games that expand upon it. We know most of the events, the only thing really up in the air is the how and why, as well as the exact order of events that led to what would become the first game. And Sister Location just threw in a bunch of new stuff that threw most of what we already knew on its head.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Old 12-05-2017, 02:44 PM   #248
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

A new game released yesterday call Five Nights at Freddy's: Pizzeria Simulator.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 10:54 PM   #249
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeotheLateBloomer View Post
A new game released yesterday call Five Nights at Freddy's: Pizzeria Simulator.
Yes, and the biggest surprise is that it turned out to actually be FNAF6 and for free.

Possibly the scariest and creepiest game in the franchise. I can't even look at Baby anymore, they gave her a hell of a mega disturbing overhaul.

I don't think any little kids will want to see that thing. That truly is the thing of nightmares.

Old 05-24-2023, 05:27 PM   #250
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

a new FNAF game was announced today, and its a sequel to Help Wanted which was the VR game.

Old 05-24-2023, 05:52 PM   #251
Bahamut810
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
a new FNAF game was announced today, and its a sequel to Help Wanted which was the VR game.

I like FNaF overall, but I dont know why they would go back to this game. They should be working on a second security breach after they get done with the DLC if nothing else.
Bahamut810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2023, 06:01 PM   #252
Coola Yagami
Overlord

To be fair, the first game was mostly VR FNAF 1, 2 and 3 and then some other stages roughly based on the later games and characters.

But experiencing Sister Location in VR..... oh god.