The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 06-13-2018, 11:55 AM   #161
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Anyone find any trusted online retailers that have this box set instock for less than Amazon price?

I’m wanting to pick it up but just can’t do it at that Amazon price.
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 12:36 PM   #162
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleWA View Post
Anyone find any trusted online retailers that have this box set instock for less than Amazon price?

I’m wanting to pick it up but just can’t do it at that Amazon price.
I already showed you that Family Video link from before, but they currently say they're out of stock. It was released yesterday, and I still haven't seen it up for sale on any of the other retail sites. I was hoping other people picked one up and perhaps did an unboxing video, butt there's nothing. There are a few listings on eBay though, and only one shows you what it actually looks like. The seller is selling it brand new and it has a Wal-Mart sticker on it, and they don't even list it on their site. The seller is actually charging for less than the Amazon price, but whether or not you'd trust him is your decision to make.
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 01:21 PM   #163
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Eagle View Post
I already showed you that Family Video link from before, but they currently say they're out of stock. It was released yesterday, and I still haven't seen it up for sale on any of the other retail sites. I was hoping other people picked one up and perhaps did an unboxing video, butt there's nothing. There are a few listings on eBay though, and only one shows you what it actually looks like. The seller is selling it brand new and it has a Wal-Mart sticker on it, and they don't even list it on their site. The seller is actually charging for less than the Amazon price, but whether or not you'd trust him is your decision to make.
Yeah you did show me the other link but now that I have money it’s unavailable stock.

I was hoping something new popped up or something with stock now that I’m able to purchase.
Old 06-15-2018, 08:10 AM   #164
cammy85
Stone Warrior

I didn't find it at Best Buy online, and I already have the Van set. But I did find the movie trilogy on Blu-ray so I ordered that. I do have a question on that, but I'll ask in a new thread.
cammy85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 10:42 AM   #165
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Yeah you did show me the other link but now that I have money it’s unavailable stock.

I was hoping something new popped up or something with stock now that I’m able to purchase.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cammy85 View Post
I didn't find it at Best Buy online, and I already have the Van set. But I did find the movie trilogy on Blu-ray so I ordered that. I do have a question on that, but I'll ask in a new thread.
I actually found two of them stocked at a Wal-Mart this morning, and it's $49.96 there. It was a Wal-Mart in Connecticut that was the closest to me, although I live in New York. I did check two in New York yesterday that were closest to me, and one of them is much farther away, but still a reasonable distance. Before I went to Connecticut today, I went to two Wal-Marts in New Jersey that were closest to me.

Spoiler:

It's still a bit high, but it kind of gives me hope since it could be cheaper if it ever goes up for sale at DVD Planet, DeepDiscount, and DVD Pacific. I was hoping it might have an insert with the episode-to-disc configuration like the turtle van set has, or that the configuration would be printed on the inside of the case's wrap. I could see inside of it and saw that there's no insert, and the inside is blank. There's still a part of me that might get it. I may pick get it from the Wal-Mart tomorrow and hold on to it until I find that another place is offering it cheaper. Then I'd just sell my turtle van set for about the same price that Wal-Mart is selling the shelf-friendly version.
Old 07-03-2018, 03:46 PM   #166
darthsmozers
Mad Scientist

Quote:
I actually found two of them stocked at a Wal-Mart this morning, and it's $49.96 there. It was a Wal-Mart in Connecticut that was the closest to me, although I live in New York. I did check two in New York yesterday that were closest to me, and one of them is much farther away, but still a reasonable distance. Before I went to Connecticut today, I went to two Wal-Marts in New Jersey that were closest to me.

It's still a bit high, but it kind of gives me hope since it could be cheaper if it ever goes up for sale at DVD Planet, DeepDiscount, and DVD Pacific. I was hoping it might have an insert with the episode-to-disc configuration like the turtle van set has, or that the configuration would be printed on the inside of the case's wrap. I could see inside of it and saw that there's no insert, and the inside is blank. There's still a part of me that might get it. I may pick get it from the Wal-Mart tomorrow and hold on to it until I find that another place is offering it cheaper. Then I'd just sell my turtle van set for about the same price that Wal-Mart is selling the shelf-friendly version.
I'm still looking to buy the van (no discs) if anyone is selling theirs
darthsmozers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 12:11 AM   #167
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Quote:

I walked by the Walmart DVD section the other day thinking about this and seen nothing. What part of the store had it? Thanks for the heads up dude!

Side note: I did see several NES classics stocked in the store for first time
Old 07-04-2018, 12:44 AM   #168
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
I walked by the Walmart DVD section the other day thinking about this and seen nothing. What part of the store had it? Thanks for the heads up dude!
You find it in the DVD section. Wal-Mart even has a listing for it on their site where it's $50.55. So you can check that listing to see what stores near you might have it.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Teenage-M...-DVD/357138269

Anyway, Amazon has since lowered the price to that, but it still hasn't shown up on any other retail sites.
Old 07-05-2018, 08:49 PM   #169
dragonside
Hench Mutant

man, why not a blu ray yet.

haha. I have 3 sets of the van, so I'll probably skip this release.

I also have the individual dvd releases...which are my "shelf" warmers.
dragonside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 11:16 PM   #170
Storm Eagle
Saved by

I actually bought this set the week after it came out, but I wasn't going to open it until I saw pictures of the inside of the set somewhere. That, or even an unboxing YouTube video showing how it looks. If I didn't see any of those things by the time the return window closed, then I'd have returned it to the store for a refund. I saw an eBay listing for one that someone was selling, and they had one picture of how the inside looked. I thought it wasn't so bad, but then I actually opened the set I bought, and it's not quite what I expected. In fact, it's not any better than how the complete series set for Sabrina the Teenage Witch is designed. So I took pictures for you guys to see how they designed this set.

When you first open up the set. If the discs look like they're out of order, they're not. Each hub actually has two discs on them. So that means discs are on top of another, and we all know that that's not good.

The middle of the set. Discs 9 through 12 on one side. Discs 13 through 16 on the other.

The final seven discs in the set. Disc 23 has its own hub.

Yeah so it's kind of a letdown. I might just see about selling this, and hopefully the person who takes it off my hands won't mind it. I guess I'll stick with my turtle van set.
Old 07-19-2018, 07:22 AM   #171
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
I actually bought this set the week after it came out, but I wasn't going to open it until I saw pictures of the inside of the set somewhere. That, or even an unboxing YouTube video showing how it looks. If I didn't see any of those things by the time the return window closed, then I'd have returned it to the store for a refund. I saw an eBay listing for one that someone was selling, and they had one picture of how the inside looked. I thought it wasn't so bad, but then I actually opened the set I bought, and it's not quite what I expected. In fact, it's not any better than how the complete series set for Sabrina the Teenage Witch is designed. So I took pictures for you guys to see how they designed this set.

When you first open up the set. If the discs look like they're out of order, they're not. Each hub actually has two discs on them. So that means discs are on top of another, and we all know that that's not good.
https://i.imgur.com/TB2VAtB.jpg?2

The middle of the set. Discs 9 through 12 on one side. Discs 13 through 16 on the other.
https://i.imgur.com/MrKsGEd.jpg?2

https://i.imgur.com/PsT6l3W.jpg?2

Yeah so it's kind of a letdown. I might just see about selling this, and hopefully the person who takes it off my hands won't mind it. I guess I'll stick with my turtle van set.
Thanks for sharing! That does look like a jumbled mess. Sad that the Lionsgate folks have just been releasing the same disc prints since 2004 with an occasionally different cover. If the show ever gets a Blu Ray release, I wonder how many discs they could reduce the set to.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 12:09 PM   #172
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Thanks for taking a bullet for the fandom Storm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
Thanks for sharing! That does look like a jumbled mess. Sad that the Lionsgate folks have just been releasing the same disc prints since 2004 with an occasionally different cover. If the show ever gets a Blu Ray release, I wonder how many discs they could reduce the set to.
Unless they did an HD transfer which I doubt they would even a "remaster" or better transfers of the OT would all fit in one BR disc.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 03:42 PM   #173
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Rather predictably the whole thing is a cash grab. I hope someone other than Lionsgate one day treats the show either the respect it deserves.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 11:01 PM   #174
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Originally Posted by pferreira View Post
Rather predictably the whole thing is a cash grab. I hope someone other than Lionsgate one day treats the show either the respect it deserves.
I don't think it's a cashgrab since shelf-friendly packaging is always a good idea. They just did a poor job with this one.
Old 07-20-2018, 12:55 AM   #175
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by pferreira View Post
In before someone comes in and says the whole show was a cash grab

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 04:01 AM   #176
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
Well, you said it, not me...
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 07:25 AM   #177
Spike Spiegel
See You Next Mission

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
The first season is truly a delight.

After that...well, I'm really not sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
Mirage [is]...a comic about life and how life and the people closest to you just absolutely suck sometimes. It's "adult" in a very real sense, in that it deals with heavy themes that resonate more with adults, not that it's full of blood and titties or whatever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
[TMNT 1990 director Steve] Barron recognized the early Mirage issues as perfect storyboards. It's a shame no other filmmaker has.
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 12:42 PM   #178
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:

https://i.imgur.com/TB2VAtB.jpg?2

https://i.imgur.com/MrKsGEd.jpg?2

https://i.imgur.com/PsT6l3W.jpg?2

So your issue with this is the aesthetics? For anyone whose never own the original set. I don't think they care of how the box set comes packaged. As long as it has all the Discs. They should be fine. Even if its the same number of discs from the previous re-release.

The Box Set in mine is the Turtle Van design. That takes up a lot of space. and I think this set would be perfect for those who need the space.
Old 07-20-2018, 12:47 PM   #179
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
So your issue with this is the aesthetics? For anyone whose never own the original set. I don't think they care of how the box set comes packaged. As long as it has all the Discs. They should be fine. Even if its the same number of discs from the previous re-release.

The Box Set in mine is the Turtle Van design. That takes up a lot of space. and I think this set would be perfect for those who need the space.
The issue is the fact that discs are on top of each other. That can cause the discs to be scratched.
Old 07-20-2018, 12:53 PM   #180
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
The issue is the fact that discs are on top of each other. That can cause the discs to be scratched.
Then take the discs out and put them in another case or something. Its no big deal.