The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Video Game Discussion

Notices

Old 11-11-2017, 05:40 PM   #61
sdp
-

You can say that about any game really, I never buy games full time, buy them 2 years later on sale for a few dollars.

Of course I'm no "hardcore" gamer so I don't need to play things as soon as they come out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
Guest characters always sell better, which was stated multiple times by NRS themselves. Fans need to get used to this fact and stop crying.
Except I had already mentioned that in my post.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 05:45 PM   #62
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Way too expensive. Wait 1 year for the collectors edition with all the DLC included for free to come out. Wait 6 months more and you could get it for $20 on amazon.
It wasn't free, but the collector's edition came with all of the character DLC to begin with.
Old 11-11-2017, 05:47 PM   #63
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Here's a theory, Activision hasn't put out a new TMNT game since Mutants in Manhattan, so chances out the TMNT license ended, then Warner Bros Games picked up the license, and to test it, had Netherealm Studios bring the TMNT into Injustice 2 as DLC characters.

These are tell tale signs, that an announcement of a new TMNT game is imminent, and from Rocksteady.

For years they been rumored to work on a TMNT game, and its quite possible we can expect some announcement from it soon, maybe possibly during the Game Awards on December 7.
Old 11-11-2017, 06:02 PM   #64
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
Here's a theory, Activision hasn't put out a new TMNT game since Mutants in Manhattan, so chances out the TMNT license ended, then Warner Bros Games picked up the license, and to test it, had Netherealm Studios bring the TMNT into Injustice 2 as DLC characters.

These are tell tale signs, that an announcement of a new TMNT game is imminent, and from Rocksteady.

For years they been rumored to work on a TMNT game, and its quite possible we can expect some announcement from it soon, maybe possibly during the Game Awards on December 7.
God, I hope that's what happens. For once we might actually get something really good.
Sabacooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 06:20 PM   #65
Ninjinister
無問題

Where is this Rocksteady noise coming from again? The original "rumor" was one guy talking to a guy at RS who said it would be cool to do, he embellished the hell out of it. After it came out what actually happened, nobody's talked about it since....

Now everybody's like "it's rumored" again....

Last edited by Ninjinister; 11-11-2017 at 07:11 PM.
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 06:56 PM   #66
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
Where is this Rocksteady noise coming from again? The original "rumor" was one guy talking to a guy at RS who said it would be cool to do, he embellished the hell out of it. After it came out what actually happened, nobody's talked about it sense....

Now everybody's like "it's rumored" again....
For real. People don't know anything about anything.
Old 11-11-2017, 07:07 PM   #67
CyberCubed
Overlord

We won't get any TMNT games anytime soon besides licensed kids games based on the 2018 cartoon, and those will probably just be downloadable or mobile games.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 07:11 PM   #68
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
We won't get any TMNT games anytime soon besides licensed kids games based on the 2018 cartoon, and those will probably just be downloadable or mobile games.
There's that arcade game coming out before the end of the year....
Old 11-11-2017, 08:35 PM   #69
DevilSpooky
Stone Warrior

Quote:

Chances? The fact that the games got pulled out from every Digital platform outright tells us they lost/didn't renew the license...

Also there's no Rocksteady's TMNT game in the works nor it ever was, they outright said they wouldn't be able to do justice to the property because they wheren't huge fans like they where Batman's.

Now this could mean that they have some dev working out on a TMNT game in house though, and contrary to what Cubed said they don't need a show on tv for one to happen and in fact now is a good time to buy the license for one since it should be cheaper exactly because there's no high profile show on TV that everyone wants a piece of the pie and Nick can rack up the license fees.

And with that reactions the reveal got and if the DLC pack sells through the roof it might interest WB to invest on the license to do a proper TMNT game at their own time, with no pressure to meet deadlines and to release while the interest is high because of popularity and instead create a good TMNT game for once.
Old 11-11-2017, 09:32 PM   #70
AquaParade
Banned

Actually, in this day and age, it wouldn’t be surprising for an online rumor to lead to an actual product.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 11:54 PM   #71
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
Actually, in this day and age, it wouldn’t be surprising for an online rumor to lead to an actual product.
Name five times that has happened, with proof.
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 12:09 AM   #72
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

This is a really neat surprise.
I really like how similar the designs are to the Henson costumes.
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 07:12 AM   #73
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Same here! The designs seem to be getting such universal praise. Like I said before ... leave it to a game NO ONE thought they'd be in to nail the look so great.

Quote:
Here's a theory, Activision hasn't put out a new TMNT game since Mutants in Manhattan, so chances out the TMNT license ended, then Warner Bros Games picked up the license, and to test it, had Netherealm Studios bring the TMNT into Injustice 2 as DLC characters
I remember earlier this year when Activision was cleaning house and got rid of so many of their licensed games, I thought they lost the Spider-Man license around that time as well. Which confused me at first ... cause I remember thinking how Sony was making their own game as well that got announced the year prior. I didn't even know that Activision dropped Marvel as a whole back in 2014, but then still released their planned Amazing-Spider Man 2 movie tie in game.

At this point, I'm totally on board with any assumption that a new game could possibly be in the works ... but I'd hate to get severely disappointed, so I'm in wait and see mode.
Old 11-12-2017, 08:17 AM   #74
sdp
-

I really don't like the designs for the turtles, it's not a deal breaker but they're ugly, the TMNT can only look "so" real before uncanny valley sets in, this is also why we have the hulk TMNT in the latest films. Henson did it best with a mix of realistic/cartoony look, if not they look as horrible as that Out of the Shadows game that was released like 4 years ago.

These ones just look odd, I do like the Henson references but these are not the Henson references. To the defense of the turtles many of the NRS DC designs are also really ugly and too gritty for the sake of "it's realistic looking".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cure View Post
Anything can lead to an actual product, it's not "out there" to think a rumor can lead to a company doing market research and see that there's demand for a product. Not saying there'll be a rocksteady TMNT game, I don't see that happening as much as I'd want it to.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 09:00 AM   #75
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
I really don't like the designs for the turtles, it's not a deal breaker but they're ugly, the TMNT can only look "so" real before uncanny valley sets in, this is also why we have the hulk TMNT in the latest films. Henson did it best with a mix of realistic/cartoony look, if not they look as horrible as that Out of the Shadows game that was released like 4 years ago.

These ones just look odd, I do like the Henson references but these are not the Henson references. To the defense of the turtles many of the NRS DC designs are also really ugly and too gritty for the sake of "it's realistic looking".
I2 TMNT are almost complete copy of 90-s TMNT.
What are you talking about?

You need a good glasses, dear sir.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 11:05 AM   #76
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cure View Post
No thanks. I'm just stating that it wouldn't surprise me given how close the fan/creator relationship continues to grow. Things like Bioware creating a new ending for their videogame, online surveys.
There are developers/publishers out there who want to please consumers, or maybe they're just looking for the next big thing. That rumor got a lot of positive feedback, so why is it crazy to think WB would pursue lots of money?

In conclusion, I never said a rumor leading to a game had precedence. I said it wouldn't surprise me these days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post

Anything can lead to an actual product, it's not "out there" to think a rumor can lead to a company doing market research and see that there's demand for a product. Not saying there'll be a rocksteady TMNT game, I don't see that happening as much as I'd want it to.
Oh, you said it better. Right on.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 11:49 AM   #77
slingtheory
Stone Warrior

Quote:

I thought I remembered seeing on here awhile ago that activison lost the license. I was pretty sure that would be the only way something like this would be possible. Then again I guess it could be possible they just paid to "borrow" the tmnt.
Man its so hard to say. For all we know this could be in honor of the batman crossovers but i really hope it's like the Tony hawk situation and their just testing the waters
slingtheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 12:06 PM   #78
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

You know the character intros between the fights? imagine what they would be saying to each other.
Old 11-12-2017, 12:14 PM   #79
Sumac
Banned

I can't wait for it.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 12:59 PM   #80
Allio
Foot Elite

Quote:
You know the character intros between the fights? imagine what they would be saying to each other.
Leonardo: let's get ready, brothers.
Starfire: after I win wanna get pizza!
Mikey: I'm game.
Allio is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
injustice 2, peanut