The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 03-04-2023, 06:58 PM   #21
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaotix12345 View Post
Man, they weren't KIDDING with that title! That's A LOT of Mutants! One of my favorite things about TMNT is the crazy Mutant side characters, so to see SO MANY packed into a single movie makes it feel like this was MADE for me. (Only really missing Slash.) Preview also looks super cool style-wise. Excited for the full trailer!

Also interesting to note: Leatherhead and Wingnut are played by ACTRESSES rather than actors, meaning these versions will probably be ladies. (I'm assuming to make the Mutant cast less of a sausage fest.) LH's actress is also Australian, so we might be going full Steve Irwin rather than Cajun with her!
Its nice to see Mondo Gecko getting some love, And being played by Paul Rudd is going to fun.
Old 03-04-2023, 07:01 PM   #22
Chaotix12345
Stone Warrior

Also interesting to note is that we've seen ZERO evidence of Rat King after that leaked storyboard. Possible earlier draft??
Chaotix12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2023, 07:12 PM   #23
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Also interesting to note is that we've seen ZERO evidence of Rat King after that leaked storyboard. Possible earlier draft??
Unless that's part of the movie they don't want to reveal yet? Wouldn't make any sense, but just based on this lineup alone — I'm not sure who the big bad of the movie would be.

And again, I think I decided I'm going into this with a bit more optimism and open-mindedness because it is just a cartoon.

Had I not been spoiled with all of the great adult collectors figures over the years and the two amazing video game releases last year, I might be a bit harder on this ... but I've got incredible celebrations of my kind of Turtles.
Old 03-04-2023, 07:39 PM   #24
Chaotix12345
Stone Warrior

Movie synopsis from Deadline. Seems to match the leaked storyboards:

The new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles film is an original story following the crime-fighting Ninja Turtles as they protect the sewers and streets of New York City. After years of being sheltered from the human world, the Turtle brothers set out to win the hearts of New Yorkers and be accepted as normal teenagers through heroic acts. Their new friend April O’Neil (Edibiri) helps them take on a mysterious crime syndicate, but they soon get in over their heads when an army of mutants is unleashed upon them.
Chaotix12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2023, 07:47 PM   #25
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

its interesting that they are going with Genghis Frog instead of Napoleon Bonafrog, But glad to see one of the Punk Frogs being represented.
Old 03-04-2023, 07:48 PM   #26
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

They should have just dropped the trailer... why wait till Monday? They have already drug the reveal of this film way out longer than it should have. We should have had at least a teaser months ago.

The like 5 seconds of footage we saw though looked fine... so far.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2023, 08:04 PM   #27
CyberCubed
Overlord

This movie has a star cast for something that looks to be written terrible with bad designs for the Turtles and April.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2023, 08:35 PM   #28
jignat
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
They should have just dropped the trailer... why wait till Monday? They have already drug the reveal of this film way out longer than it should have. We should have had at least a teaser months ago.

The like 5 seconds of footage we saw though looked fine... so far.
5 -6 months before release is typical for first trailers of Hollywood films.
jignat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2023, 08:51 PM   #29
oldmanwinters
Overlord

This movie sounds expensive!

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2023, 08:52 PM   #30
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

They did special Cards for the cast members

Old 03-04-2023, 08:52 PM   #31
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Old 03-04-2023, 08:53 PM   #32
jignat
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
This movie sounds expensive!
Like the 2007 film, I'm sure most of the celebrities' parts will be mostly small.
TMNT and April are relative unknowns so their parts will be meatier yet cheaper.
jignat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2023, 09:32 PM   #33
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Wait...did they just White Wash Bebop?

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2023, 09:36 PM   #34
beardcore84
Foot Soldier

Very interesting. Going to post my quick thoughts on each casting:

The 4 turtles: I'm not familiar with any of these actors. Considering it's 4 teenagers, it should be just fine. I'm hoping the voices feel like they "fit" whatever traits they end up giving these versions of the characters.

Jackie Chan as Splinter: ****ing awesome!

Ayo Edebiri as April: I'm not familiar with her work but I'm ready for a new take on April.

John Cena as Rocksteady: Awesome. Cena has proven his worth as an entertainer. Also funny that two wrestlers now have voiced Rocksteady. I'm in.

Seth Rogen as Bebop: Totally makes sense in my head. Should be great.

Paul Rudd as Mondo Gecko: Hell yea. Paul Rudd is hilarious and I'm stoked for a Mondo Gecko movie appearance!

Giancarlo Esposito as Baxter Stockman: Amazing. I love Gus Fring and always pictured him as a good live action Baxter. Totally down with this.

Hannibal Buress as Genghis Frog: Awesome. He's hilarious. Glad to see this character in the movie too.

Post Malone as Ray Fillet: I don't care at all about Post Malone but I'm SUPER stoked to see Ray Fillet in a TMNT movie!!

Ice Cube as Superfly: No strong thoughts here. Will just have to see the movie to determine what I think.

Natasha Demitrou as Wingnut: What we do in the shadows rules, so I'm down. Interesting to see a gender bend here but I'm not against it. I hope the character is awesome.

Rose Byrne as Leatherhead: Never been a big Rose fan but it's interesting to see a female cast for a Fred Wolf inspired Leatherhead. Looking forward to seeing more about it.

Maya Rudolph as Cynthia Utrom: So far the only thing giving me pause. Maya is fine and all but I'm not sure what this character is going to be and not sure what I would want out of an Utrom character voiced by her. Is this going to be similar to the 2012 thing when Roseanne voiced a super Kraang or whatever it was? Maybe, idk. Will have to see.

Overall thoughts: Love that "mutant mayhem" actual has a ******** of mutants. Curious about obvious omissions like Shredder and Krang but open minded about it. A little worried about "too many character" syndrome but if done right they can pull it off. Curious what they haven't shown us yet and excited for the trailer!
beardcore84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2023, 09:44 PM   #35
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
The new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles film is an original story following the crime-fighting Ninja Turtles as they protect the sewers and streets of New York City.
Wow, they f***ed it up even in the first sentence.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2023, 09:44 PM   #36
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Ayo Edebiri plays Chef Sydney in the FX show The Bear and she is gonna be in MCU Thunderbolts. I'm a fan of hers
Old 03-04-2023, 09:47 PM   #37
Roseangelo
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Wow, they f***ed it up even in the first sentence.
It makes less sense when their biggest goal seems to be going to high school.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2023, 09:48 PM   #38
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Wait...did they just White Wash Bebop?
Oh shoot, they did!!

Seth’s gonna earn himself enemies from both sides.
Old 03-04-2023, 09:59 PM   #39
DragonSoul
Random Punk

They actually hired teen actors to voice the TMNT. It looks alright. I am optimistic about the new film now.
DragonSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2023, 11:03 PM   #40
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

I sincerely hope these kids are better actors as VAs than the majority of what Nickelodeon tends to hire for their live action shows these days. They seem to hire kids whose acting couldn't seem authentic if their lives depended on it, and then we're told and now confirmed that they hired a bunch of teens... for the love of whatever, just please have talent. Actual talent, not superficial, surface level Nick show lack of talent where obnoxiousness is used to try to make up for it.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bebop, cubedhatesblackpeople, leatherhead, mondo gecko, rocksteady, tigercuck, wingnut