The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 02-15-2019, 10:00 AM   #61
AquaParade
Banned

Think these will be sold at Target.com?
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 10:17 AM   #62
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
Think these will be sold at Target.com?

NECA
‏Verified account @NECA_TOYS
3h3 hours ago

NECA Retweeted Daniel Williams

not online, in stores only
Old 02-15-2019, 10:57 AM   #63
SilverNinja
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
NECA
3h3 hours ago

Psssh, of course!

My local Target absolutely sucks and has yet to have any NECA figures in stock.

The mini section is there, right by the diminishing DVD/Blu-ray section, but there isn't any stock. I go frequently too, so it isn't like I missed out.

However, I guess I shouldn't care too much because I bought these figures individually when I thought they were SDCC exclusives. If I were to ever buy these 2-packs...it would be solely for the packaging.

I was hoping this re-release would have some variation to them...like a lighter shade of green on the turtles. In the end, I'm happy to see fans being able to get these figures because they are pretty great.
SilverNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 12:43 PM   #64
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
NECA
3h3 hours ago

Thanks!

I don't have a car right now, so I'm waiting on someone to report back if they find any. I may take an uber to get these, because that's how bad I want them.

I suppose we could call our local stores, but in the past, I've had experiences where Target members tell me they don't have an item, and then I walk in and see it. Not picking on them, but maybe it's not their job to be experts on the product they carry.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 12:48 PM   #65
inaheap
Mad Scientist

Quote:
NECA
3h3 hours ago

I wonder if this is the loop hole they are using. I don't think any of NECA's stuff is permitted on Target.com.

We do not stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing

When I became an adult I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.
inaheap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 02:51 PM   #66
Redrumh2o
Mad Scientist

Uggh....I'm a teacher and can't get to Target in the morning to fight off the Hot Wheels and POP guys....I'll have no chance.

At least you can use brickseek or whatever other site and maybe know if there is stock before hand.
Redrumh2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 06:13 PM   #67
Leo656
The Franchise

My Target has a nice little NECA section. Hopefully they'll have lots of these. Good stuff.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 06:39 PM   #68
Toitlefan
Hench Mutant

Is there a definite release date for these other than ‘end of February, early March’?
Toitlefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 03:24 AM   #69
Splinter
Radical Rat

You can see a blurry peek of Bebop that NECA teased out on Twitter.

R.I.P. Master Splinter - Mirage Comics - May 1984 / June 2003
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - New Episode Guide
Splinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 04:22 AM   #70
Kenwatanabesclone
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splinter View Post
You can see a blurry peek of Bebop that NECA teased out on Twitter.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dzf85i2WkAIIdTB.jpg
I’m not saying you’re wrong, but that looks like it could be a rock soldier too.
Kenwatanabesclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 05:38 AM   #71
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored

Clearly has black pants and white sneakers.
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets

International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 06:59 AM   #72
djmajin
Thug

djmajin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 07:10 AM   #73
go_ninja84
Mad Scientist

those are sweet. looks like ill be taking a 2nd mortgage out for 2019 lol
go_ninja84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 11:35 AM   #74
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Pixel Dan
‏ @PixelDan
4m4 minutes ago

The @NECA_TOYS Bebop and Rocksteay are amazing. Planned for wave 2 of Target exclusive TMNT figures with more villains from the toon rounding out that wave. #ToyFair2019
Old 02-16-2019, 03:18 PM   #75
Stick1101
Mouser

Jesus, these are going to be near on impossible to get to the UK.
At least the 1/4 figures could be purchased from Neca’s ebay store. The last two sdcc exclusives could be optained through eBay sellers well overpriced but still we had a choice.
Then 7” movie turtles have to be exclusive to a store that don’t ship out of the U.S and the the cartoon figures in-store only!
I’ve managed to get everything so far but something tells me this Target stuff is going to be a pain in the backside!!
Stick1101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 04:35 PM   #76
Turnstone
Stone Warrior

The cartoon lines looks a lot better in small scale than the 1990 movie turtles. I actually went down to GameStop today and had a complete set of them in hand and decided to not purchase them not only because of quality control issues but because they really don’t compare against the quarter scale versions. If you guys haven’t bought the larger scale version, I suggest you save up some money and buy them. They are far more superior than the 6 inch ones and more impressive.
Turnstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 05:36 PM   #77
Coro
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnstone View Post
The cartoon lines looks a lot better in small scale than the 1990 movie turtles. I actually went down to GameStop today and had a complete set of them in hand and decided to not purchase them not only because of quality control issues but because they really don’t compare against the quarter scale versions. If you guys haven’t bought the larger scale version, I suggest you save up some money and buy them. They are far more superior than the 6 inch ones and more impressive.
As someone that has both I have to tell you that you are mistaken. Both sets are amazing, and what QC issues are you talking about? 1/4 and 6” both have deep eye issues.

Coro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 07:42 PM   #78
Panther10
Hench Mutant

I prefer the 7" 1990's collection by far. No ratchet joints, better poseability in the joints, better paint on the bodies and they are far more accurate to the Jim Henson suits than the 1/4 scale figures. Michelangelo in particular looks solid. His eyes look blitzed out on the 1/4 scale version. Almost like he did a kilo of coke if I have to be honest. But the 7" figure has that nice innocent/friendly face that we are all used to seeing from Mikey in the films. So I'm really glad improvements where made there.
Panther10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 09:27 PM   #79
Leo656
The Franchise

I'm so glad that my 7-inch Movie TMNT all have good-looking eyes. I've heard a lot about some of them looking odd but I got lucky.

I personally had little interest in the 1:4 scale ones. They do look great but I just have no room for those, and I don't have any other figures in that scale. They just don't fit my collecting "lifestyle"; they're nice pieces but I'm extremely glad that they're doing so much stuff in 7-inch scale. The paint apps and sculpting details are incredible.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 09:47 PM   #80
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther10 View Post
I prefer the 7" 1990's collection by far. No ratchet joints, better poseability in the joints, better paint on the bodies and they are far more accurate to the Jim Henson suits than the 1/4 scale figures. Michelangelo in particular looks solid. His eyes look blitzed out on the 1/4 scale version. Almost like he did a kilo of coke if I have to be honest. But the 7" figure has that nice innocent/friendly face that we are all used to seeing from Mikey in the films. So I'm really glad improvements where made there.
Eh. Agree to disagree there in terms of the Mikey face and especially with the smaller figures looking more accurate to the suits than the 1/4th scale.

As far as my figures go, I would actually argue that my Mikey actually looks far more blitzed out in the smaller scale since both sculpts have his bigger, friendlier eyes (as he had in the film), but working on a smaller canvas gave him a more petrified look compared to the bigger workspace the larger figure allows.

Both figures are the perfect representations of the 1990 film without a doubt, but I think the 1/4th scale figures easily stand out more because of the sheer presence. Doesn't take anything away from the 7" though as those are perfect additions ... and once I find the space I can't wait to open them. Luckily my brother and I got our figures on the same day so when he opened his set, I was able to pose them and get a feel for the figures.

Back on topic though ... I REALLY need to get some more space in our spare room and just get a shelf that's devoted to nothing but TMNT, as I feel 2019 is gonna be crazy for my collection with all this great stuff for the 1987 series NECA, seems dedicated to.

Last edited by RaphaelinSTL; 02-16-2019 at 10:07 PM.
RaphaelinSTL is offline   Reply With Quote