The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Music

Notices

Old 05-22-2017, 07:32 PM   #1
snake
Disgusting

Death Grips

Any fans of DG here? They're probably my favorite group at the moment.

They just confirmed a new album and dropped a 22 minute single.

snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 08:59 PM   #2
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Easily the most important band of the 21st century. Incredible discography and one of the best live shows I've ever seen. Can't wait to hear what else they have in store for 2017.
RaphaelinSTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 09:27 PM   #3
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaphaelinSTL View Post
Easily the most important band of the 21st century. Incredible discography and one of the best live shows I've ever seen. Can't wait to hear what else they have in store for 2017.
Totally agree. They have one of the strongest discographies of all time and constantly evolve their sound. What's your favorite album? I'm partial to Exmilitary.
Old 05-28-2017, 10:17 AM   #4
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
Totally agree. They have one of the strongest discographies of all time and constantly evolve their sound. What's your favorite album? I'm partial to Exmilitary.
Man, it's hard to say. I got into them like a month or two right after Exmilitary dropped in 2011 and I've been a super fan of theres ever since. Obviously I love Exmilitary cause it was my introduction to the group, but everything they've released is so sonically different while still keeping to the trademark sound. I know I listened to Government Plates the most when it dropped in late 2013, but I know at the moment my personal favorite is probably Bottomless Pit. Not just because it's newer, but it's like a direct sequel to the "almost accessibility" of The Money Store...with a lot more elements to it. Everything they've done has been really great though. I hope they go into a little bit more of an experimental direction with this newer record, but I have a feeling I'll be immersed into anything they put out.

Also - love your avatar...Neutral Milk Hotel is another incredible group and I feel lucky to have actually been able to see them twice on their reunion tour a few years back.
Old 05-28-2017, 10:55 AM   #5
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaphaelinSTL View Post
Man, it's hard to say. I got into them like a month or two right after Exmilitary dropped in 2011 and I've been a super fan of theres ever since. Obviously I love Exmilitary cause it was my introduction to the group, but everything they've released is so sonically different while still keeping to the trademark sound. I know I listened to Government Plates the most when it dropped in late 2013, but I know at the moment my personal favorite is probably Bottomless Pit. Not just because it's newer, but it's like a direct sequel to the "almost accessibility" of The Money Store...with a lot more elements to it. Everything they've done has been really great though. I hope they go into a little bit more of an experimental direction with this newer record, but I have a feeling I'll be immersed into anything they put out.

Also - love your avatar...Neutral Milk Hotel is another incredible group and I feel lucky to have actually been able to see them twice on their reunion tour a few years back.
I'm thinking the new album will sound a lot like NOTM and GP, just going off Steroids.

And thanks for the compliment! How was Mangum on stage? Did he actually sound like he did on ITAOS?