The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 08-01-2017, 08:13 PM   #121
Prototype
Foot Soldier

Cool episode except for the fat boy with Cleopatra haircut.
Old 08-04-2017, 11:41 AM   #122
TheJ-manTurtleMan
Stone Warrior

My thoughts on this episode:
https://youtu.be/NO6E5ypVfqI

"I love a little hot sauce on my pizza! I love a little hot sauce yes I dooo!"
TheJ-manTurtleMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 12:02 AM   #123
Faster and Cheaper
Thug

Finally got around to watching this episode. This was actually done way later in the season, production was the last one before the final arc of the show. Should be the first team Donatello episode that's aired so far. Team purple episodes are the ones I helped out on the least but I think I did some revions on this one.

Real fun episode that I would have liked to work on in theory, but I remember there was a lot of issues with new sets, characters, props, etc. Also so many shots with lots of characters probably meant slowed down machines. Add horses to the mix, it would still have been fun but yeah what a hassle that would be.

Usagi is always fun to see show up in TMNT, and he's great here too. He's a great warrior, cool design, and he's shown in a good way here. Kintaro I found annoying but in an intentional way, he was funny too and even kinda cute in that way pugs are. The turtles didn't stay under mind control long but they looked cool in the darkness with the white eyes and a nice little fight with Usagi.

The climax was a lot of fun though with the extended fight on horseback over the forest and mountain terrain. Real neat stuff that I tip my hat to team Donnie on that.
Faster and Cheaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 11:16 PM   #124
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

It really was a coincidence that this episode had a cliffhanger that literally involved a cliff. I went to comic book store and tried to find the stories on Usagi Yojimbo after this episode. I didn't see any, but maybe I wasn't looking in the right area. He did appear in a couple of episodes of the original series, but I am interested in knowing more about him.
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 11:24 PM   #125
Powder
So tired of this place

I'm not so sure it was a coincidence.

Usagi's comics are definitely worth a read. The big books collecting various issues are a little pricey for new readers, but it's great material. A lot of the series is Slice Of Life style, so if you do manage to find some loose issues, they should be pretty accessible to you! Self contained stories & whatnot.

The only real base knowledge you need is that Usagi is a warrior who wanders the land after failing to prevent his former master's assassination, thus losing his purpose. He goes place to place being a bodyguard for hire while learning about many elements of Japanese culture. So it's like half samurai fights & half folktale typa stuff. Both immersive & relaxing! Knowing it's all written/drawn by one guy makes it all the more impressive.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 11:57 PM   #126
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger_scout View Post
It really was a coincidence that this episode had a cliffhanger that literally involved a cliff. I went to comic book store and tried to find the stories on Usagi Yojimbo after this episode. I didn't see any, but maybe I wasn't looking in the right area. He did appear in a couple of episodes of the original series, but I am interested in knowing more about him.
You can start from his own comic book series called "Usagi Yojimbo". Later on he'll have some crossovers with the turtles.

The most convenient places to find Usagi comics are from Dark Horse, iBook and Comixology apps. You can find some in bookstores too.

Stan Sakai's art style and storytelling in the comics are truly immersive and captivating imo. Worthy of all the awards/acclaims it made through the ages.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 08:15 AM   #127
ToTheNines
[sic]

Just paid attention to the credits and saw that the dude who played Shredder in the 2014 movie voiced a bunch of the fodder samurai from Sumo Kuma's gang.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 09:27 PM   #128
Klunk1234
Hench Mutant

Smile

I have not seen the show's episode for a while. I just watched Yojimbo and it's amazing Miyamoto Usagi is great and serious as a Samurai warrior should be and Kuntaro, the little boy is kind of an arrogant but funny.
Klunk1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 09:32 PM   #129
Donny's computer84
Thug

I like this version of Usagi, episode 7 was good lots of action. Scary ending
Donny's computer84 is offline   Reply With Quote