The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 10-08-2017, 04:23 PM   #1
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Batman The Animated Series coming to Blu Ray

WB Shop‏Verified account @wbshop

Batman: The Animated Series coming to Blu-ray next year. #NYCC
Old 10-08-2017, 05:20 PM   #2
Spike Spiegel
See You Next Mission

I'll be able to retire my beat up DVDs...

I hope they do Sub-Zero, Superman, and Batman Beyond, too. The remaster on Mask of the Phantasm looked very clean, as did the releases for Justice League and Justice League Unlimited.

I'd assume they are doing The New Batman Adventures as well, but I haven't found anything conclusive on that yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
Mirage [is]...a comic about life and how life and the people closest to you just absolutely suck sometimes. It's "adult" in a very real sense, in that it deals with heavy themes that resonate more with adults, not that it's full of blood and titties or whatever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
[TMNT 1990 director Steve] Barron recognized the early Mirage issues as perfect storyboards. It's a shame no other filmmaker has.
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 07:49 PM   #3
CyberCubed
Overlord

B:TAS should include TNBA, it's technically considered the 4th season.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 09:44 PM   #4
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Will they remove the grain? The whole noir thing kinda works for BTAS so I don't know how the BR transfer will go if it's not done properly.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 10:57 PM   #5
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Will they remove the grain? The whole noir thing kinda works for BTAS so I don't know how the BR transfer will go if it's not done properly.
Exactly.
All that gave the show a darker feel. It complimented the show’s tone nicely. If they removed it, they’d be taking away something that helped make the show what it was.
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 11:26 PM   #6
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I haven't re-watched any BTAS since the original sets were released, they seemed like such great purchases and I love the show but they were a waste of money since I've never felt the need to re-watch them. I will eventually since it's a great show but I mean you come to realize you don't need to own all these shows you can only watch a few times in your life for them to waste so much space on your shelves.

The first time I re-watching I was so impressed by how amazing it was but I wonder if another re-watch ten years later would fare the same results or if I'd feel disappointed.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 12:58 AM   #7
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

Quote:
I haven't re-watched any BTAS since the original sets were released, they seemed like such great purchases and I love the show but they were a waste of money since I've never felt the need to re-watch them. I will eventually since it's a great show but I mean you come to realize you don't need to own all these shows you can only watch a few times in your life for them to waste so much space on your shelves.
When I was a teen, I had a DVD collection of over 300 titles, alot of them box sets of TV Shows. Then my dads alcoholic friend came into my room and stole all the box sets and sold them for booze money. After that happened, I just sold the rest of my DVDs and moved on to being a digital only guy.

All these years later, I'm glad I'm not lugging around all those box sets everywhere I go. They're cumbersome and outdated in a just a matter of years. Now I just keep updating my external hardrive of TV Shows I want to collect whenever a higher definition comes out. Totally happy with it.
Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 02:04 AM   #8
CyberCubed
Overlord

This reminds me of the people who re-buy all of Dragonball Z like every 3-5 years when new sets come out, lol. Some series are just re-released and rehashed countless times.
Old 10-09-2017, 05:46 AM   #9
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike Spiegel View Post
The remaster on Mask of the Phantasm looked very clean, as did the releases for Justice League and Justice League Unlimited.
MotP came from 35mm elements and JL/JLU were animated in HD to begin with, so not as much work had to be done for those.
I really hope they do a good job with this, and DON'T remove all the grain and grittiness.
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 06:26 AM   #10
drgon78
Mad Scientist

It's about time, hopefully it sells well, and we can get Batman Beyond on blu ray as well. Heck blu rays for Tiny Toons, Animaniacs, etc.
drgon78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 03:05 PM   #11
Spike Spiegel
See You Next Mission

Quote:

The first time I re-watching I was so impressed by how amazing it was but I wonder if another re-watch ten years later would fare the same results or if I'd feel disappointed.
I'm actually about to do a major purge of my own DVD/BD collection, but this show will always have a place on my shelf.

B:TAS is one of the only things from my childhood that I still think holds up. I enjoy watching it for more as an adult than I ever did back then (and I watched it a lot back then, believe me), and the context of the shared universe/timeline makes the experience richer.

That and all of the dirty jokes...

Teen Titans, TMNT 2k3, and some other shows I remember have not been so lucky.

Quote:
Mirage [is]...a comic about life and how life and the people closest to you just absolutely suck sometimes. It's "adult" in a very real sense, in that it deals with heavy themes that resonate more with adults, not that it's full of blood and titties or whatever.
Quote:
[TMNT 1990 director Steve] Barron recognized the early Mirage issues as perfect storyboards. It's a shame no other filmmaker has.
Old 10-09-2017, 03:14 PM   #12
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

I bet the scenes with rain it will still look like ****.
Old 10-09-2017, 03:37 PM   #13
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike Spiegel View Post
I

Teen Titans, TMNT 2k3, and some other shows I remember have not been so lucky.
What do you mean? Both those shows still have consistently great episodes. There are some bad or boring eps of course, but you can say the same for any series.
Old 10-09-2017, 08:08 PM   #14
Shark_Blade
Emperor

So when will TMNT OT/2k3/Nick? No excuse.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 08:11 PM   #15
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
So when will TMNT OT/2k3/Nick? No excuse.
2k3 was digitally animated in SD. Who knows what materials they have left for the OT.
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 08:20 PM   #16
CyberCubed
Overlord

Nick might release the 2012 series on blu-ray in the next few years, the eps are already in HD on itunes.
Old 10-10-2017, 12:00 AM   #17
Faster and Cheaper
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
B:TAS should include TNBA, it's technically considered the 4th season.
From what I was told on twitter, it will be included.

It will be great to have this show on blu-ray. I watched all those DVDs a bunch and was the inspiration for my career choice.
Faster and Cheaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 12:56 AM   #18
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faster and Cheaper View Post
From what I was told on twitter, it will be included.
Glad to see it confirmed.
Old 07-30-2018, 08:42 AM   #19
Spike Spiegel
See You Next Mission

BUMP

Batman: The Complete Animated Series Deluxe Edition on Amazon

Spoiler:

I already have Sub-Zero and Phantasm, but it's nice to see all of it together. For those who don't care about the broader DCAU (Batman Beyond/Superman/Static Shock/JL, etc.), this is all of the core Batman stuff.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 07-30-2018, 10:53 AM   #20
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
What do you mean? Both those shows still have consistently great episodes. There are some bad or boring eps of course, but you can say the same for any series.
If I may ask, what episodes of B:TAS did you not like or care for?
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote