The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2017, 05:23 PM   #3581
sdp
<<-Virtual Dino Raver->>
 
sdp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Megalopolis
Posts: 6,924
Can someone explain to me Legacy Wars?

How does it fare with other free to play games?

So, in it you get rangers from different generations right? If I start playing now have I missed any exclusive stuff?
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 11:35 AM   #3582
The Deadman
Foot Elite
 
The Deadman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 2,503
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Can someone explain to me Legacy Wars?

How does it fare with other free to play games?

So, in it you get rangers from different generations right? If I start playing now have I missed any exclusive stuff?
It's a fighting game that has you exclusively fighting other players

http://playlegacywars.com/

You can unlock other characters via the stuff you get after leveling up or winning a battle or you can do it the cheap way and pay to win.
__________________

Last Movie Watched: The Conjuring (2013).
Last TV Show Watched: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (S3:E18.
Last Video Game Played: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Switch).
http://bloggerofthedead.blogspot.com/​
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 10:02 PM   #3583
Storm Eagle
Saved by
 
Storm Eagle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New York
Posts: 2,687
The titles for Ninja Steel episodes nine through twelve and their descriptions are out.

9. Rocking and Rolling
10. The Ranger Ribbon
11. Poisonous Plots
12. Family Fusion

The descriptions are in the link if you don't mind being spoiled.

https://www.powerrangersnow.com/new-...isode-details/
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 02:55 PM   #3584
Allio
Foot Elite
 
Allio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,871
__________________
Allio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 08:38 PM   #3585
sdp
<<-Virtual Dino Raver->>
 
sdp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Megalopolis
Posts: 6,924
I wrote a review forVR Troopers and Super-Human Samurai Syber Squad a few weeks ago for those interested. SSSS I absolutely love and the faults are nostalgic to me so all around awesome. VR Troopers was a show I hated as a kid but never really watched and at first I hated it but by the end of the first season I learned to love it.


Also, I started Legacy Wars which I hate myself for it since I hate free to play games but having Rangers from every season is just awesome, I hope I haven't missed any timed ranger events that F2P games usually have.

Power Rangers already had a "legacy" fighting game, I think it only came out on iphone and it's been a long time ago, the graphics were awesomely realistic but the game chugged on the current years iphone at that time, I never did play it much. At least this game is a little bit better but the graphics are not better.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 03:20 AM   #3586
The Deadman
Foot Elite
 
The Deadman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 2,503
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
I wrote a review forVR Troopers and Super-Human Samurai Syber Squad a few weeks ago for those interested. SSSS I absolutely love and the faults are nostalgic to me so all around awesome. VR Troopers was a show I hated as a kid but never really watched and at first I hated it but by the end of the first season I learned to love it.


Also, I started Legacy Wars which I hate myself for it since I hate free to play games but having Rangers from every season is just awesome, I hope I haven't missed any timed ranger events that F2P games usually have.

Power Rangers already had a "legacy" fighting game, I think it only came out on iphone and it's been a long time ago, the graphics were awesomely realistic but the game chugged on the current years iphone at that time, I never did play it much. At least this game is a little bit better but the graphics are not better.
http://powerrangers.wikia.com/wiki/P...angers_Legends

That? Yeah it was fun for like a month. Also it's 2017, I dont know why people are still focused on graphics, especially on mobile games, lol.
__________________

Last Movie Watched: The Conjuring (2013).
Last TV Show Watched: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (S3:E18.
Last Video Game Played: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Switch).
http://bloggerofthedead.blogspot.com/​
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 04:16 AM   #3587
ZariusTwo
Overlord
 
ZariusTwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Britain, DINO THUNDER...POWER UP!
Posts: 14,704
Good review of Troopers sdp. I'll have to check out the Time Out episode, this series really needed to have a proper finale. It pisses me off this and Beetleborgs just end with unresolved plot threads or the characters wind up in stalemate.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 07:10 PM   #3588
sdp
<<-Virtual Dino Raver->>
 
sdp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Megalopolis
Posts: 6,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Good review of Troopers sdp. I'll have to check out the Time Out episode, this series really needed to have a proper finale. It pisses me off this and Beetleborgs just end with unresolved plot threads or the characters wind up in stalemate.
Thanks, yeah that show is a mess but man did it grow on me. I really want to see a new AmeriToku that isn't Power Rangers, hell not even another Kamen Rider adaptation but yeah I doubt it'll happen.


Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deadman View Post
http://powerrangers.wikia.com/wiki/P...angers_Legends

That? Yeah it was fun for like a month. Also it's 2017, I dont know why people are still focused on graphics, especially on mobile games, lol.
Yeah, that was the game, oddly it's not on wikipedia or even linked directly to the other mobile games on the power rangers wiki, odd, if you don't know about it you can't search for it.

I'm not a graphics whore if that's what you're trying to imply, but that game did have very nice graphics and was released what 4 years ago? This game has decent graphics too, just not as good if I go from memory.

Anywho I've played Legacy Wars all day yesterday and now that I know how the paid currencies work and all the different currencies it has and what's available I'm already losing interest. I had fun unlocking those first few Rangers but yeah this game is not for me.

Hopefully we have a game like this that you unlock rangers in another platform, but I doubt it, PRs seems to have stayed a mobile franchise. I'm still bitter that the MMPR game had the Steam version cancelled...
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 10:26 AM   #3589
The Deadman
Foot Elite
 
The Deadman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 2,503
The MMPR game on console is punishing. I rage quit after the 2nd level and havent picked it back up since.

Power Rangers' final box office total is 141.9 million
https://www.powerrangersnow.com/powe...ffice-results/
__________________

Last Movie Watched: The Conjuring (2013).
Last TV Show Watched: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (S3:E18.
Last Video Game Played: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Switch).
http://bloggerofthedead.blogspot.com/​
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 10:34 AM   #3590
Allio
Foot Elite
 
Allio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,871
Did not care much for the game.
__________________
Allio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 09:37 PM   #3591
ranger_scout
Mad Scientist
 
ranger_scout's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 1,678
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deadman View Post

Power Rangers' final box office total is 141.9 million
https://www.powerrangersnow.com/powe...ffice-results/
It actually looks like the film will have a final worldwide gross of exactly $142 million.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/...rrangers16.htm
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 10:02 PM   #3592
Allio
Foot Elite
 
Allio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,871
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
Gingaman is the next Sentai Shout is doing

http://tokusatsunetwork.com/2017/07/...shout-factory/
man, it is just so amazing. To think just a few years ago the idea of having tokusatsu, that isn't an american adaptation (or Godzilla), in the states would have been a fools dream. And now look

Super Sentai on dvd
Garo (both Anime and TV) on Blu-ray
Ultraman on Crunchyroll as well as the Ultraman Manga
and maybe one day that Amazons will come too.
__________________
Allio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 09:36 AM   #3593
ZariusTwo
Overlord
 
ZariusTwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Britain, DINO THUNDER...POWER UP!
Posts: 14,704
Dinocharge actor Micheal Taber drunkingly tweeted regrets of appearing in the show

ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 01:02 AM   #3594
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold
 
TheCanadiandrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Posts: 18,724
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Eagle View Post
The titles for Ninja Steel episodes nine through twelve and their descriptions are out.

9. Rocking and Rolling
10. The Ranger Ribbon
11. Poisonous Plots
12. Family Fusion

The descriptions are in the link if you don't mind being spoiled.

https://www.powerrangersnow.com/new-...isode-details/
Can't wait for em to air.
__________________


Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 06:37 PM   #3595
Allio
Foot Elite
 
Allio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,871


so just read the first chapter of the Kamen Rider W sequel manga. I think I am going to love it. did not expect nips

This marks what? Three Kamen Rider manga? Spirits Neo, Kuuga and now W?
__________________
Allio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 09:47 AM   #3596
sdp
<<-Virtual Dino Raver->>
 
sdp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Megalopolis
Posts: 6,924
So the new comic go go power rangers is just a spin-off of the current one or a new take? This one seems more appealing than the fanfic sounding current one.

Also, how is Ninja Steel doing so far? What's the general consensus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allio View Post
http://i1.wp.com/tokusatsunetwork.co...es-2.jpg?w=424

so just read the first chapter of the Kamen Rider W sequel manga. I think I am going to love it. did not expect nips

This marks what? Three Kamen Rider manga? Spirits Neo, Kuuga and now W?
nips as in nipples or japanese people ?

I really liked double but not sure if I'd read a sequel manga. I was always interested in Spirits though.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 10:16 AM   #3597
ZariusTwo
Overlord
 
ZariusTwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Britain, DINO THUNDER...POWER UP!
Posts: 14,704
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Also, how is Ninja Steel doing so far? What's the general consensus.
Fans aren't taking too well to it, and would rather not have to put up with Victor and Monty.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 02:02 PM   #3598
SophieDem
Foot Soldier
 
SophieDem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Hungary
Posts: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Fans aren't taking too well to it, and would rather not have to put up with Victor and Monty.
Victor and Monty are just redundant comedy elements, in my opninion. Bulk and Skull spin-off, if you wish. My great problem with this season is the childish jokes and the lack of 'life' in the show. I've only seen a few episodes (4-5 maybe), but I found them really cringy. Yes, it is really creative with Brody coming from space, the ninja stars, the monster championship, hayley and Calvin being a couple prior being rangers... But... I don't know. The acting was way better in Dino charge, these actors are just lifeless. Ok, there are a few good ones. Dino Charge and Dino Supercharge were good, however, PR is going on a downhill again.

My opinion though.
__________________
Tono-sama is Tono-sama. - Kotoha Shinkenger
The heart is a soft muscle, man. - Michelangelo

Leo and Long-Neck Alien is my otp. - Candy Kappa



SHIPPER! SHIPPER I TELL YOU!
SophieDem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 02:32 PM   #3599
ZariusTwo
Overlord
 
ZariusTwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Britain, DINO THUNDER...POWER UP!
Posts: 14,704
I love both Dino Charge seasons, but the hardcore fans were starting to rag on Supercharge a bit too last year. I think it's the new writers they brought on that work with Judd that are seen as the weak links.

It doesn't help that the Sentai Ninja Steel is based off on isn't very popular either.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 03:55 PM   #3600
sdp
<<-Virtual Dino Raver->>
 
sdp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Megalopolis
Posts: 6,924
I forgot to mention that I uninstalled Legacy Wars, I liked the idea but it wasn't implemented very well.

I've never watched Super Sentai, would you guys recommend Go-Busters? I'm not really interested in checking another sentai out, since I'd rather check the "inferior" power rangers version and the older ones are too old, so it's either that one or none at all.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
cuck rangers, power cucks, power rangers, subpar megafarce

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.