The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 03-08-2018, 09:06 AM   #1
newfan
Mad Scientist

Live action Star Wars Series

This just came up on twitter, apologies if it's come up on here already.

https://twitter.com/starwars/status/971763423854854145
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 09:37 AM   #2
Allio
Foot Elite

that is actually pretty neat. I'd like to see the quality that they would be able to put out since obviously it won't have a movie budget.
Old 03-08-2018, 11:47 AM   #3
CyberCubed
Overlord

A while ago before the buyout Lucas said they made scripts for a live action Star Wars show about smugglers and underground alien societies, it would have no Jedi and nothing to do with the wars going on, just about bounty hunters and smugglers. I wonder if this is it.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 12:11 PM   #4
sdp
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
A while ago before the buyout Lucas said they made scripts for a live action Star Wars show about smugglers and underground alien societies, it would have no Jedi and nothing to do with the wars going on, just about bounty hunters and smugglers. I wonder if this is it.
I doubt it, that show will never see the light..

The show you mention was announced about a decade ago and they wanted like 100 episodes minimum and they wrote tons of scripts, more than one season's worth IIRC. It was shelved because they were waiting for tech to get cheaper for a TV budget. It was meant to be set between the PT and OT. Also remember that George didn't care if a show didn't make money, he was already rich so his pet projects could lose money or barely break even and he would continue them. That's what happened with Clone Wars and why the CG was ahead of any other TV show at the time.

But yes, that's the show I would want. As with anything Disney Star Wars I'll be cautiously optimistic.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 12:25 PM   #5
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Yeah, all that "Star Wars Underworld" stuff has been dead and buried for about 10 years now. It's never going to see the light.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote