The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2020, 10:22 AM   #1061
Marm O. Set
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: SW Virginia
Posts: 28
zelu1984 inspired me to mod my Rocksteady. Similar to his helmet, my version also comes off in case you want the helmet-less look. I'll probably leave it on because I really like season 1 and the Playmates toys. IMO, he needs this helmet to look right.

EDIT: here is a video of it with more details:

Last edited by Marm O. Set; 01-13-2020 at 11:35 AM.
Marm O. Set is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 01:03 PM   #1062
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 12,356
Sharp-looking Rockster, Marm O. Set!
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 03:11 PM   #1063
Turnstone
Hench Mutant
 
Turnstone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 472
I don’t think his helmet matched the color of his shirt though in the series, did it? Shouldn’t it be green? Looks great regardless.
Turnstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 03:44 PM   #1064
Marm O. Set
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: SW Virginia
Posts: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnstone View Post
I don’t think his helmet matched the color of his shirt though in the series, did it? Shouldn’t it be green? Looks great regardless.
You are right, the green of the helmet is not right. The color of that helmet really tripped me up
I sprayed it once with a cartoon accurate olive-ish green that matched the stills from their first episode. It didn't look right AT ALL. So I re-mixed and re-sprayed. Still not right. So I went to the store and bought a greener color and mixed a third batch. Still didn't look right but I left it anyway. In the end, I'm wishing I had painted the helmet to match the green on the turtle shell on his belt.
Marm O. Set is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 05:15 PM   #1065
spookycookies
Stone Warrior
 
spookycookies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: NEPA
Posts: 527
So I decided to pre order Bebop & Rocksteady from Zaavi. I'm not super familiar with that site but it seems to be a source for limited edition stuff and popular with steelbook community. They ship and charge on the 28th of February and it was much closer to MSRP than what I'm seeing on eBay.
spookycookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 05:36 PM   #1066
Marm O. Set
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: SW Virginia
Posts: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by spookycookies View Post
So I decided to pre order Bebop & Rocksteady from Zaavi.
Oh wow, that isn't a bad price IMO. Let us know how it turns out!
Marm O. Set is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 08:53 PM   #1067
spookycookies
Stone Warrior
 
spookycookies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: NEPA
Posts: 527
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marm O. Set View Post
Oh wow, that isn't a bad price IMO. Let us know how it turns out!
Yeah I plan on reviewing my experience, I hope this is a viable option to get these figures.
spookycookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 05:17 AM   #1068
zelu1984
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marm O. Set View Post
zelu1984 inspired me to mod my Rocksteady. Similar to his helmet, my version also comes off in case you want the helmet-less look. I'll probably leave it on because I really like season 1 and the Playmates toys. IMO, he needs this helmet to look right.
https://marmosetsite.files.wordpress...mall.jpg?w=662
EDIT: here is a video of it with more details:
This looks great - I love it!

My project started as old Playmates helmet from Rock so it has some extra details but your sculpt is much more cartoon accurate - well done

Yes, the color could be a bit darker but it's not bad at all!
zelu1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 06:35 AM   #1069
Marm O. Set
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: SW Virginia
Posts: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelu1984 View Post
This looks great - I love it!

My project started as old Playmates helmet from Rock so it has some extra details but your sculpt is much more cartoon accurate - well done

Yes, the color could be a bit darker but it's not bad at all!
thanks!!!
I decided to model after the cartoon since the figure was cartoon accurate.
I thought about adding dents and scratches to make it look like it had seen combat but that would have been too much in my opinion. Fred Wolf didn't add those details so I thought I shouldn't either.

I love how yours comes down below the ears like the cartoon. How flexible is your Blue/Yellow Kneadtite when it is cured? My Apoxie is rock hard and I didn't think I could remove the helmet if I sculpted it below his ears.
Marm O. Set is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 07:04 AM   #1070
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master
 
MikeandRaph87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: JLA Satellite Headquarters
Posts: 9,582
Will there be a date release for the Bebop/Rocksteady and Slash/Leatherhead two packs? It makes a difference if it is March 1st or March 31st.
__________________
Michelangelo: This looks like a job for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!
Raphael: Sheesh, Mikey this ain't a cartoon!

Check out the best DC Comics site on the net:
http://new.dcuwiki.net/forums/index.php
Now featuring Ethan Van Sciver!

MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 08:21 AM   #1071
LeoRaDoMic
Hench Mutant
 
LeoRaDoMic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 271
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marm O. Set View Post
zelu1984 inspired me to mod my Rocksteady. Similar to his helmet, my version also comes off in case you want the helmet-less look. I'll probably leave it on because I really like season 1 and the Playmates toys. IMO, he needs this helmet to look right.
https://marmosetsite.files.wordpress...mall.jpg?w=662
EDIT: here is a video of it with more details:
WOW man. Amazing work. Is it possible to make one for me and send it to the Netherlands? I can pay via PayPal.
__________________
LeoRaDoMic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 08:42 AM   #1072
Browne762
Foot Soldier
 
Browne762's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: United States
Posts: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
Will there be a date release for the Bebop/Rocksteady and Slash/Leatherhead two packs? It makes a difference if it is March 1st or March 31st.
Rocksteady and Bebop were released at the end of November at Target, but finding a set is like finding a unicorn that lays golden eggs. Target was the exclusive dealer in the US. Zaavi which was mentioned previously has them for a decent price, but I didn't go far enough into the website to see where they will ship or how much shipping would be. They list them as available February 28th. If Target were to be getting more, it might be around that Feb 28th time-frame.

I don't think NECA will be more specific then a month of release. If they said March, it "should" be in March and they might say something a couple days beforehand on Twitter. Twitter seems to be their favorite place to update customers.

Last edited by Browne762; 01-14-2020 at 08:48 AM.
Browne762 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 09:41 AM   #1073
zelu1984
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marm O. Set View Post
thanks!!!
I decided to model after the cartoon since the figure was cartoon accurate.
I thought about adding dents and scratches to make it look like it had seen combat but that would have been too much in my opinion. Fred Wolf didn't add those details so I thought I shouldn't either.

I love how yours comes down below the ears like the cartoon. How flexible is your Blue/Yellow Kneadtite when it is cured? My Apoxie is rock hard and I didn't think I could remove the helmet if I sculpted it below his ears.
Blue/Yellow Kneadtite is pretty flexible as long as you use thin pieces. The bigger the piece the harder it gets but it's fairy flexible. I will try to post a video later to show you.
zelu1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 11:44 AM   #1074
DonnieLaForge
Hench Mutant
 
DonnieLaForge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Secret Sewer Lair
Posts: 489
NECA just tweeted that the classic toon logo will be on the toon figure packaging starting in 2020.
DonnieLaForge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 03:26 PM   #1075
LeoRaDoMic
Hench Mutant
 
LeoRaDoMic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 271
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelu1984 View Post
Blue/Yellow Kneadtite is pretty flexible as long as you use thin pieces. The bigger the piece the harder it gets but it's fairy flexible. I will try to post a video later to show you.
Do you alreay know, if you want to sell?


Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnieLaForge View Post
NECA just tweeted that the classic toon logo will be on the toon figure packaging starting in 2020.
Heck, I don't care about the logo and Foot Soldier sh#t. I want an amazing Splinter figure! Why don't they make him? I'm not very excited again. The only ones I care about really are Leatherhead and April.

I do think Neca let us wait too long for just a couple of figures for a relatively high price.
__________________
LeoRaDoMic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 05:19 PM   #1076
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master
 
MikeandRaph87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: JLA Satellite Headquarters
Posts: 9,582
Quote:
Originally Posted by Browne762 View Post
Rocksteady and Bebop were released at the end of November at Target, but finding a set is like finding a unicorn that lays golden eggs. Target was the exclusive dealer in the US. Zaavi which was mentioned previously has them for a decent price, but I didn't go far enough into the website to see where they will ship or how much shipping would be. They list them as available February 28th. If Target were to be getting more, it might be around that Feb 28th time-frame.

I don't think NECA will be more specific then a month of release. If they said March, it "should" be in March and they might say something a couple days beforehand on Twitter. Twitter seems to be their favorite place to update customers.
Thanks. My birthday is the middle of March and I wanted to let people know where to go, this gem is it. I actually want Slash/Leatherhead more, but I do want both.


Will Neca rerelease Shredder and Krang together? That would make sense pairing wise! I would like them, but I do not want another Leonardo or Donatello to get them. New characters released together and no more foot soldiers!
__________________
Michelangelo: This looks like a job for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!
Raphael: Sheesh, Mikey this ain't a cartoon!

Check out the best DC Comics site on the net:
http://new.dcuwiki.net/forums/index.php
Now featuring Ethan Van Sciver!

MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 10:34 PM   #1077
Creedog
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 106
So, I created a helmet for Rocksteady too! Apparently creating a custom Rocksteady helmet is a requirement to be a member here



I designed this in 3D, and I am making more for anyone who wants them. I'll ship internationally too, I've got your back LeoRaDoMic.

I am offering it on Etsy for $25 + shipping - painted, or $15 + shipping - unpainted. That way anyone can afford one.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CreedogsCustoms

https://imgur.com/gallery/0HnUxWW

Last edited by Creedog; 01-14-2020 at 10:40 PM.
Creedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 10:38 PM   #1078
tmntfannumerouno
Stone Warrior
 
tmntfannumerouno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Colorado
Posts: 785
Well damn I think I need one lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creedog View Post
So, I created a helmet for Rocksteady too! Apparently creating a custom Rocksteady helmet is a requirement to be a member here

https://i.imgur.com/UTNGeZy.jpg

I designed this in 3D, and I am making more for anyone who wants them. I'll ship internationally too, I've got your back LeoRaDoMic.

I am offering it for $25 + shipping - painted, or $15 + shipping - unpainted. That way anyone can afford one.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CreedogsCustoms

https://imgur.com/gallery/0HnUxWW
tmntfannumerouno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 01:19 AM   #1079
zelu1984
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creedog View Post
So, I created a helmet for Rocksteady too! Apparently creating a custom Rocksteady helmet is a requirement to be a member here

https://i.imgur.com/UTNGeZy.jpg

I designed this in 3D, and I am making more for anyone who wants them. I'll ship internationally too, I've got your back LeoRaDoMic.

I am offering it on Etsy for $25 + shipping - painted, or $15 + shipping - unpainted. That way anyone can afford one.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CreedogsCustoms

https://imgur.com/gallery/0HnUxWW
nice one bud!
zelu1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 06:19 AM   #1080
LeoRaDoMic
Hench Mutant
 
LeoRaDoMic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 271
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creedog View Post
So, I created a helmet for Rocksteady too! Apparently creating a custom Rocksteady helmet is a requirement to be a member here

I designed this in 3D, and I am making more for anyone who wants them. I'll ship internationally too, I've got your back LeoRaDoMic.

I am offering it on Etsy for $25 + shipping - painted, or $15 + shipping - unpainted. That way anyone can afford one.

It looks fantastic. Thanks for the offer. But in total it's $40 including shipment. That's far too much for me for just a helmet. I'm sorry.
__________________
LeoRaDoMic is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:11 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.