The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 01-25-2009, 01:24 PM   #61
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Oh please, every fandom has their crazed fans.
Sure. But should, like, the most crazed fan of all in any particular fandom be chosen as the spokesman/poster child for that respective fandom?
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 01:29 PM   #62
Roseangelo
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Sure. But should, like, the most crazed fan of all in any particular fandom be chosen as the spokesman/poster child for that respective fandom?
And, of course, any person with a shred of selflessness wouldn't allow themselves to become such a "spokesman/poster child" because they would decline invitations so that other, equally-deserving fans could also have a shot at the spotlight.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 03:51 PM   #63
Canadian Turtle
Mad Scientist

TURTLEDOC.COM

www.turtledoc.com

Is LIVE!

Please note: The teaser trailer does not necessarily represent the end product. The content that was shot for the teaser is composed of people and collections that were closest to our offices location. The feature documentary will cover as wide an area as we can, including fans of all types, hard core collectors or just general TMNT fans. For us to cover all bases we need your support and involvement! Please send us an email telling us a little about you and your fandom and where you are located! We would love to hear from you!

Also a series of new TMNT videos will be coming to the site throughout the coming weeks. Check back soon!
Canadian Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 05:59 PM   #64
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Heh. Clever work with the Van.
Old 01-25-2009, 06:15 PM   #65
oldmanwinters
Overlord

That video is well done. A cross between Vh1 "I Love the ___" and the old Playmates commercials. Makes me want to go buy the Turtle Van and Shell Cycle. Oh, wait... I already did 15 years ago, but that vintage toy commercial feel is infective!

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 06:25 PM   #66
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

The presence of mostly normal dudes is comforting, too.
Old 01-25-2009, 08:50 PM   #67
OA
Scatter the nuns!!

I think it came out very well. And I agree that its nice seeing "normal" fans. I can tell you've put/ are putting alot of work into this and think its coming along very nicely.

I really like that city design too: basic but captures the right vibe. Keep it up and good luck on finishing this up!
Old 01-25-2009, 09:05 PM   #68
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Turtle View Post
The teaser trailer does not necessarily represent the end product.
....Which blew me away even as a teaser.

Good job. People WILL notice this.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 09:27 PM   #69
Buslady
WingsOfDarkness! Perkele!

This is well put together, very well. I don't think I'd fit into it though. I didn't grow up with them, I was in high school not 5 going cowabunga like a wild animal 24/7. I dont have the collection like that to display, just a bunch of Raph stuff. *shrug*
Old 01-25-2009, 09:47 PM   #70
Cowabunga Kiefer
Hench Mutant

Location: Born in Nashville, now I live in NYC. No TMNT sightings yet...
Very nice work on the site, and your hard work on that city replica totally paid off well! I'm so excited to see this project when it's completed!
Cowabunga Kiefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 11:25 PM   #71
Canadian Turtle
Mad Scientist

Sweet! I am glad people like it!!

Keep spreading the word! And sending me your stories! This will be great! As long as the fans support it!

I have already said this but basically we ran out of time at the studio today, there are like 3 other videos I have yet to post and a few more things to add to the site. I'll keep everyone posted!

As we approach the time when we are plotting our trip I will start mapping it out here, the more people available in each area the better! Pass it on even to people who may not be on the drome or even hard core fans! I hope we can share this with everyone outside of even the online fandom!!

Thank you so much for your support thus far!!
Old 01-25-2009, 11:31 PM   #72
Slash
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
I would prefer to NOT be paying for her Ninja Turtle habits while she openly complains on other forums about not having any money while also openly bragging about which anime conventions she's driving around the country to go to, something that she's clearly physically able to do, yet she can't get a job because she's "too hurt." But I am forced to pay for that, as is every other tax-paying American.

Eek. I am driving around in a car that is going to kill me due to the mechanical problems yet I work two hours away and cannot afford to lay it up (financially or time wise!) yet unemployed people can afford to drive around shamelessly while having Uncle Sam foot the bill? Now, I am too hurt to work!
Old 01-25-2009, 11:35 PM   #73
Slash
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Turtle View Post
Sweet! I am glad people like it!!

Keep spreading the word! And sending me your stories! This will be great! As long as the fans support it!

I have already said this but basically we ran out of time at the studio today, there are like 3 other videos I have yet to post and a few more things to add to the site. I'll keep everyone posted!

As we approach the time when we are plotting our trip I will start mapping it out here, the more people available in each area the better! Pass it on even to people who may not be on the drome or even hard core fans! I hope we can share this with everyone outside of even the online fandom!!

Thank you so much for your support thus far!!
If I can be of help or service, I will be there for you. I'm in NJ and going to NYC CC. I also do video editing and some other work.
Old 01-25-2009, 11:46 PM   #74
Canadian Turtle
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slash View Post
If I can be of help or service, I will be there for you. I'm in NJ and going to NYC CC. I also do video editing and some other work.
Look for me there! If you don't see me standing around the Mirage booth with a camera it is pretty easy to find my cell number on the internet.

Look in my business sites (not the turtle sites) contact page and you will find it.
Old 01-26-2009, 02:00 AM   #75
Archon_Turtle
I'm SUPER into myself

Quote:
There's going to be a pretty heavy drome presence at con this year...i think im actually starting to get excited
Archon_Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 06:36 AM   #76
Slash
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Turtle View Post
There's going to be a pretty heavy drome presence at con this year...i think im actually starting to get excited
Is that a mutant module in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?
Old 01-26-2009, 08:47 PM   #77
Canadian Turtle
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Is that a mutant module in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?
Hahah! I love TMNT humor!

I am sorry for those of you who have sent me letters today or last night, I just got back from a shoot and am whipped... So I'll contact you tomorrow! Thanks for your letters!! Keep em coming!

I am also PUMPED! about NYC Con! I hope I can talk to as many TMNT fans as I can find!

Also in the website news! I just got word today from my production team that they have a new site design finished which will be launched in the next little while.... not sure if it matters, but I am just letting you know. This will also include the newer videos and a blog I can actually update on the road (I hope).
Old 01-28-2009, 09:02 AM   #78
Canadian Turtle
Mad Scientist

Sorry, I was not sure if the maker of the thread should ask it to be stuck... I didn't know if that was against the rules. Sorry for asking, but its not showing sticky for me??

In other news the NEW site should be up (I hope) by the end of the day... Why a new site you might ask. Well the producers didn't feel that the current one was professional enough, and lacked fan interaction. There will be a proper blog with space for comments, a comment section for the videos, more videos, etc.

I'll post again when it goes up! Should be cool. It will be the same URL.
Old 01-28-2009, 03:59 PM   #80
Canadian Turtle
Mad Scientist

Ok so the new site is up! Including the new videos!

Same URL www.turtledoc.com

ALSO there is a facebook group up right now http://www.facebook.com/groups/edit....id=46775291723

I have not gotten myself onto Myspace... I'll figure that out soon.

Last edited by Canadian Turtle; 01-28-2009 at 04:07 PM.

Tags
fan film