The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 05-13-2018, 06:42 AM   #21
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
I think I remember at some point thinking the Turtles were 5 instead of 4. And no, it can't be due to Slash or Venus since I didn't watch Slash's debut episode until 2003 or 2004 and I had no idea who Venus was until I read about TNM on the old Mirage website back in 2003 or so as well.

I watched the first 3 seasons around 1997 or so so when i was 6-7 years old. Then only got into the Turtles again around 2002-2003 when the FW series reruns returned to TV here. I remember booting up the NES TMNT game in the late 90s one day and telling myself "oh the Turtles were 4 and not 5?!"

Not sure if this counts as mandela effect or just as a kid not paying full attention to obvious things or just having poor memory.

EDIT: Also, for some reason I used to think Bebop and Rocksteady were in the first ever 2k3 video game.
Did you read Archie at the time? Slash became a good guy at the end and sacrified his life to send Maligna and Null on a Sunny holiday.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 08:38 AM   #22
CyberCubed
Overlord

When I was a kid in the early 90's I naively thought the TMNT cartoon would run forever. Back then I didn't understand the concept of shows being canceled or ending, and Cartoon Network used to air old 60's cartoons that I had no idea were over at the time.

I remember watching TMNT throughout it's entire originally run all the way to the end of 1996. Then the next year hearing there was a live action show coming out. Kind of funny all this happened right after one another, then TMNT died and the Pokemon craze started in 1998 so my focus shifted to that for a long time before TMNT was revived again in the early 2000's.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 09:03 AM   #23
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Cartoon Network used to air old 60's cartoons that I had no idea were over at the time..
Didn't your parents tell you. I had the same knowledge about Superfriends.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 09:16 AM   #24
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
Could it be because of Zach the Fifth turtle?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
Did you read Archie at the time? Slash became a good guy at the end and sacrified his life to send Maligna and Null on a Sunny holiday.
No to both questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
When I was a kid in the early 90's I naively thought the TMNT cartoon would run forever. Back then I didn't understand the concept of shows being canceled or ending, and Cartoon Network used to air old 60's cartoons that I had no idea were over at the time.

I remember watching TMNT throughout it's entire originally run all the way to the end of 1996. Then the next year hearing there was a live action show coming out. Kind of funny all this happened right after one another, then TMNT died and the Pokemon craze started in 1998 so my focus shifted to that for a long time before TMNT was revived again in the early 2000's.
I knew some cartoons were much older because my mother told me. It didn't bother me. I just wanted cartoons. And tbh the likes of Tom & Jerry and Looney Tunes are timeless classics.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote