The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 09-03-2014, 10:07 AM   #81
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

I am going to get blasted for this.....But I thought this was the best Spidey movie yet!
I was never a fan of Tobi being Spidey, but I love Andrew Garfield as spider. Also Sam Rami's interpretations of Spidey's villains were not good, the villains always turned out to be sympathetic. I thought Doc Oc was done the best. But Venom was horribly done in that final movie.

The big gripe for me with this movie was Rhino, I thought he was suppose to be super smart, but he was a dumb Russian mobster......
I really enjoyed the movie and this movie had a superior ending compared to ASM1
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 11:26 AM   #82
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemer View Post
I am going to get blasted for this.....But I thought this was the best Spidey movie yet!
I was never a fan of Tobi being Spidey, but I love Andrew Garfield as spider. Also Sam Rami's interpretations of Spidey's villains were not good, the villains always turned out to be sympathetic. I thought Doc Oc was done the best. But Venom was horribly done in that final movie.

The big gripe for me with this movie was Rhino, I thought he was suppose to be super smart, but he was a dumb Russian mobster......
I really enjoyed the movie and this movie had a superior ending compared to ASM1
Good on you, it's fair enough, I liked it aswell. I still think Toby is better, but there you go.

http://jandmdev.deviantart.com/ (My Brother and I have a dev page, I am J, brother is M)
TheBlueTurtle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 02:44 PM   #83
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemer View Post
Where'd you get that idea?

There was a storyline a few years ago where he got sick of being stupid - he naturally had below-average intelligence - so he took pills or something and became super smart. Then he got depressed and tired of life, so he decided to reverse the process.
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 05:24 PM   #84
shuriken
Second City Shinobi

^^Rhino was always an idiot. All Brawn no brain, minus that series of comics, er comic er whatever.
I thought Giammati was so ridiculous but awesome. Still had no idea why Rhino wasn't in the beginning of the movie, woulda made more sense to get him out of the way first.
Old 09-04-2014, 09:37 AM   #85
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSkeletonMan939 View Post
Where'd you get that idea?

There was a storyline a few years ago where he got sick of being stupid - he naturally had below-average intelligence - so he took pills or something and became super smart. Then he got depressed and tired of life, so he decided to reverse the process.
I have read several issues of Amazing, but only got as far as the Venom acr.
I always assumed he made the suit himself and I thought the movie had took liberties by having Oscorp or who ever make the suit for him. sounds like I have more reading to do Looks like I will have to drop some coin the next free comic book day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuriken View Post
Still had no idea why Rhino wasn't in the beginning of the movie, woulda made more sense to get him out of the way first.
I feel indifferent, I thought it was great to show Peter had returned as spider-man and moved on. But I feel that they could have left Peter as is Not Spider-man until the next movie and the after affect of Gwen's death could have been a plot device.
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 01:06 PM   #86
ZariusTwo
Overlord

News on what passes for some kind of direction for the property

Quote:
Yesterday HitFix's Drew McWeeny dropped a little bombshell:

While I can't get the confirmations I need to verify the story, I'm hearing that there are some very cool "Spider-Man" plans being discussed that would help Sony refocus their enormously important franchise while also opening up some connections in the onscreen Marvel movie universe that would blow fandom's minds. Will it work out? I don't know. I would love to be able to state for sure that it's happening. What seems clear from what I've heard is that Marvel wants to be able to play with all of their characters, and if they can make that work creatively and on a corporate level, they will, and that means the world gets bigger again.

Spider-Man coming into the Marvel Cinematic Universe? That's a big deal. But get this: it's the THIRD DIFFERENT Spider-Man plan I've heard in the last week. Other things I've heard from insiders:

- Sony is going to soft reboot Spider-Man with The Sinister Six, having a new actor playing a Spidey who works with the villains The Dirty Dozen style to take down a larger threat.

- Sony is going to put Spider-Man on the shelf for four or five years and see if they can develop any of the side characters into their own franchises.

I've also heard that Venom is functionally dead again.

These are three wildly divergent stories, and I'm not sure if any of them are true or if all of them are true. I actually lean towards 'all of them' because that fits into the larger narrative of 'Sony has no clue what to do next.' I think that plans for Spider-Man change as the wind blows in Culver City, and that Marvel Studios could be taking advantage of this fact - as well as the fact that Sony is not doing so great in the movie business these days.

How did it get this far? It's crazy to imagine that the spectre of a new Spider-Man movie makes us unhappy. I remember frothing at the mouth for a quality Spidey film, and now all I want is for Peter Parker to quietly slink off someplace for a few years and leave us be.
http://badassdigest.com/2014/10/07/r...+Digest+ALL%29
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 02:00 PM   #87
ObiWanFan4life
Mad Scientist

Sheesh, Sony really doesn't know what the hell they're doing. First, they try and copy the serious and gritty style of the Dark Knight movies, than they go for the lighter tone of the Marvel movies, and now they're trying to make their own Cinematic Universe?
Old 10-07-2014, 02:08 PM   #88
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache

Sony, just stop. You don't know what you're doing. Just send Spider-Man to the MCU and have Andrew Garfield act as him again. At least Marvel will know how to make a Spider-Man movie that doesn't immediately garner universal hate (Spider-Man 3 or ASM 2).

Quote:
Sony is going to put Spider-Man on the shelf for four or five years and see if they can develop any of the side characters into their own franchises.
Wait, what? Sony, do you actually expect people to watch your Sinister Six movie? Are you really going to try to make a Black Cat movie or a Venom movie, or a movie about some other side-character no one really cares about?

Good grief. If this is true then Sony must have given up on trying to make money on this franchise. It's the only logical explanation. Why spend millions of dollars on a film no one will watch?
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 02:12 PM   #89
blindturtle02
Foot Elite

I have to agree with Redeemer. I loved Garfield as Spider-Man. There was something about the way Toby delivered his dialogue. I don't know. Garfield sounded more like the 90's animated Spidy I grew up with, and it definitely seemed as if he was more witty in this incarnation. It would have been nice to see a less confident Pete in some cases. Isn't he suppose to be a little insecure when he's out of costume? While in costume however, I wish he'd kept that mask on! I think I prefer this Green Goblin over Dafoe. At least this Goblin didn't scream out things like,"We'll meet again, Spider-Man!" Although I could have done without Electro's Itsy Bitsy Spider minor chord bit. Nice that they're keeping villains around in this version. Harry's still kicking, as is Connors and undoubtedly his feral side. But now I'm afraid we won't get a Sinister Six. And yeah, would have been neat to see Rhino in the suit at the beginning since Sony's not sure where they're going after this one.

I enjoyed Amazing Spider-Man II and hope to see at least one more. Seems like Spider-Man always gets interesting, and then incarnations usually get canceled or things like Spider-Man III happen. I thought I heard something about them selling to Disney, which would probably rule. All I want is to see a Venom that looks more like Eddie from the comics, and I want him to stick around rather than dying after a ten or so minute fight. I'd also like to see a Doc Oc that is in complete control of his actions rather than blaming everything on the nanotech tentacles. Tragic villains are great at times, but as much as I tried, I could never buy Raimi's spin on this guy. The fight scenes were great though.
Old 05-27-2017, 08:32 PM   #90
sdp
-

Well I finally watched Amazing Spider-Man 1 & 2 and they're umm...ok.

I'll begin with the negatives, the movies are on the long side which makes them boring.The plot doesn't move very fast either which makes it feel even longer. It also doesn't help that this isn't Batman so I don't know why so much of the movies take place at night, Spider-Man works better during the day. The colors in general are very mute, even in the day. Garfield is not a very good Peter Parker either. The whole movie ends up feeling a bit generic and nothing too special. I am not a fan of them making Peter's parents such a big plot point in the movies, it could've been a neat plot for one movie but not for an ongoing mystery. It hurt the relationship with Aunt May and even Uncle Ben. The new origin story was alright but not better. Peter being a High School kid is wasted, why go back if they weren't really going to use the HS setting and have him graduate the next movie? The Lizard looked ridiculous. What's the point of rushing the Green Goblin so quickly? They should've had Norman there since the first movie as well and even Harry, if they were just going to use them in 2. The love story could've been done a bit better but it's no worse than other superhero movies. The Daily Bugle and its characters were also missed. This being a reboot I wish the costume had been a bit different and had had much bigger eyes. At least they learned not to kill the villains in this movie.

I'll continue with the positives, Garfield is a pretty good Spider-Man. I also like the villains, it was awesome to finally see Dr. Connors become the lizard and while I've never liked Electro (i've always seen poor interpretations of him) I liked this version. Too bad he looked ridicuous in the posters since I did feel he could've carried the second movie himself. The whole Osbourne making all the meta humans actually works well and it's an easy way to suspend disbelief with all the crazier meta-humans Spider-Man has. I'm not a fan of a "real" mutant like Green Goblin however or his appearance in general. It was really nice seeing Gwen and I liked the actress even if she wasn't that great in a lot of the parts. I also liked her father's role in the first film. The effects were coola nd Spider-Man moved a lot like him. They should've saved Gwen's death for the third film with a proper Green Goblin but I guess since there won't be a third one in hindsight its good that they killed her.

Both movies' post credits scenes were terrible, like DCEU levels of badly setting up the rest of the universe. It was definitely trying too hard to make a universe and in Spider-Man's world it should be relatively easy and organic with its huge cast of characters.

I'm more mad at what the movies could've been than mad abotu the movies, they're ok, nothing special but nothing terrible as people make it out to be in the Venom/Black Cat threads.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2023, 09:37 PM   #91
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

Is this another example of Marvel stealing ideas from DC?

Tags
spider-man