The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 02-09-2005, 12:17 PM   #141
Jo Dawn
Inactive Moderator

Ryo, I'm happy that things worked out for you.

Has anyone had one of those days where they just need a hug? Or a good cry? Yeah, I'm havin' one of those...
Old 02-09-2005, 12:25 PM   #142
Anarky
Outlaw Hero

JD, you know, I wished so many times that I could gove you a hug, but due to distances, I can't.

Feel hugged. (a lame excuse, I know...)
Anarky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 12:56 PM   #143
Ryona

Awww... Lotsa hugs to you from me, Jo Dawn!

Really, I know how you feel... I get those sometimes...

It's always nice to cry with a friend... If you ever feel like crying, you can cry with me...
Old 02-09-2005, 01:15 PM   #144
Kid Icarus
Foot Elite

*hugs for everyone!* Really, that's all the freakin world needs. I think if everyone gave someone they didn't know a hug a day, the would would be a better place.

And hey, lawyers would have more work to do. Harrasment charges ahoy! .

Seriously though, Jo.... I hope what ever's wrong gets fixed. =\.
Kid Icarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 02:04 PM   #145
Brinatello
Hench Mutant

'Time heals all wounds' as I like to often think when situations turn sour. I just hope everyone's doing all right on their end, Ryo, Jo Dawn, Anarky, anyone else I might have missed, hang in thar! *HUGS*

As for my problem (that was a few pages back and I didn't get a shoulder to cry on), it's getting taken care of. I'll be fine. I always come out feeling better after feeling like no one cares about me or the things I post. It does pass, that's the beauty of mood swings. They swing from bad to good again! Isn't the brain a wonderful thing?
Brinatello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 05:49 PM   #146
zkarlette
Fashionably late

Awww....Brinatello were here for you anytime you feel one of those mood swings, we care for you
Old 02-11-2005, 11:47 PM   #147
Brinatello
Hench Mutant

*pouts, then grins* Thank you, zkarlette. As of right now, a strong feeling about someone has suddenly washed over me, a feeling I can't seem to figure out why. It's not love at all, nor is it a person I want to start a relationship with because I'd know for sure if it was. I can't see them that way at all. It's just someone I want to get to know on a more friendship level, for example, maybe like email exchanges to start. Thing is, I met this person one time and know nothing about them, and the way they act, I don't think they'd be interested in the likes of me. *shakes head*, um, this is really hard, because I'm driving myself mad trying to figure this through. I want it to stop, and maybe it eventually will, but until then, I'm stuck.
Brinatello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005, 12:19 AM   #148
Voltron
Handsomest Boy in School

I feel the same way about Brad Pitt.
Old 02-12-2005, 01:09 AM   #149
Kid Icarus
Foot Elite

Big problem, big post.

Ack!

Some of you know this, but I run Premier level tournaments and events for Pokemon USA for the Nebraska region. I'm all official... filled out a contract and such.

I've been running various TCG events at this one store for about 5 years now, and usually it all goes smooth. Well not anymore. See, I have to buy product from PUI to run my events. This usually means I take a small loss, but that's okay. I knew that going into it. But I TOTALLY over ordered my first event (by about 28 players >_>) and ended up owing WAY more then I could pay. So, the store offered to pick up that tab, on the condition that in the future they'd handle the finanaces to my tournaments. I was desperate, so I agreed.

Some background info: I became friends with one of their workers, and the guy who used to run Pokemon tournaments (waaaaaay back in 1999). Well, these two friends of mine were involved in some shady things there (taking single cards that had sat in books for months up to Omaha, selling them, and buying cards that would sell and brining them back for the store). An employee got word of this, told the then-manager, and was soon on his track to getting my friends fired and taking over all the tournaments for the store. As Pokemon started to fade in popularity, the dropped all support, and reduced leauge to a handful of people that showed up every week.

Fast forward to last spring. One of those five players becomes a Pokemon Professor, with another and myself soon following. We grow leauge up from those five players to a steady group of now 18 players each week. I live in a smallish city, so that's not to shabby. Hobbytown sees this growth, and support leauge more, which is great. I start weekly tournaments back up for a while, then trim it down to every now and then. Then the players want prereleases, and championship events..... so I apply to become a PTO. I get accepted, sign the contract, and just miss the first event i was able to hold. My first tournament was for the EX:FireRed and LeafGreen set. Like I said, I over ordered. I had heard about HUGE numbers at these prereleases, so I figured 40 players easily... I got 12 total.

Now, another prerelease and a city championship later, that first bill hasn't been paid. That was back in september. Then the bill for EX:Team Rocket Returns goes unpaid. I thought this had all been taken care of, until one day at leage my supervisor calls me up. "yeah, I saw you wanted to run a Deoxys prerelase... well, you can't get any product for it until we get payment." . Needless to say, I was shocked. I went up to the counter, and talked to the new manager and explaind the situation to him. "oh yeah, we'll get that taken care of tonight." He calls PUI up, gets the info, and tells me not to worry about it. That was over a month ago now, and the payment just supposedly went out on feb first. I got another bill 3 days ago, that shows it hasn't been paid. Well, there's proof that the check got sent, but nothing's been cashed yet.

My problem? It's been made clear to me that stuff like this can not happen again. PUI is furious, naturally, and the store's making me look bad. I brought this up to the manager tonight, and he got kinda snippy with me. So now I'm worried that if I DO take the money from players Sunday, we'll get kicked out of the store. I can't run an event without a venue. Thing is, I'm the one with the contract. I'm the one they can send lawyers after. I'm the one who's ass is on the line if this doesn't get cleared up. And it's frustrating me to no end, that's it all out of my control. I'm not really asking for a solution (although any help is VERY MUCH appreciated). I just needed to get this off my chest, and see what other people think about it. I think the store's trying to screw me over, honestly.
Old 02-12-2005, 01:20 AM   #150
ThirdMarioBro
Tea Time!

Goddamn, so you're saying this store has got Nintendo pissed as all hell at you, is refusing to pay the bill even though they agreed to, and bitches at you if you bring it up? Damn. I honestly don't know what you're going to be able to do other than wind up paying the bill yourself again.

First of all, how much did all of this tally up to be? Second, I would contact PUI and see if they ever recieved any payment...if not, you'll probobly wind up having to pay off the tap or have them sick the lawyers on you.

I don't mean to sound cruel, but it really dosen't seem like they're is anything else you can do except hope that the assholes at Hobbyworld have a sense of morality which dosen't look to happen. Sorry man
Old 02-12-2005, 01:22 AM   #151
Kid Icarus
Foot Elite

Well, yeah. That's what I'm gonna do with my earnings this Sunday. If I don't get kicked outta the store. And trust, I'm in constant contact with PUI . I have ways of getting ahold of them that mere mortals coulden't even fathom! *checks the lock on his Abra's cage*.
Old 02-12-2005, 01:29 AM   #152
ThirdMarioBro
Tea Time!

Good. I wish there was a way you could nail those jackasses though
Old 02-12-2005, 01:32 AM   #153
Kid Icarus
Foot Elite

Well, that's why I'm nervous about Sunday. Those players love me, because they see the work I put into the game, and they'll go where I go.

And if they go, their money goes with them.
Old 02-14-2005, 01:02 PM   #154
zkarlette
Fashionably late

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinatello
*pouts, then grins* Thank you, zkarlette. As of right now, a strong feeling about someone has suddenly washed over me, a feeling I can't seem to figure out why. It's not love at all, nor is it a person I want to start a relationship with because I'd know for sure if it was. I can't see them that way at all. It's just someone I want to get to know on a more friendship level, for example, maybe like email exchanges to start. Thing is, I met this person one time and know nothing about them, and the way they act, I don't think they'd be interested in the likes of me. *shakes head*, um, this is really hard, because I'm driving myself mad trying to figure this through. I want it to stop, and maybe it eventually will, but until then, I'm stuck.
I think you should go for it cause you never know... .. somethimes you can find friendship in the people you least expect....worst case scenario if it doesnt work you know that at least you tried and there wont be what ifs...
Old 02-14-2005, 07:38 PM   #155
Voltron
Handsomest Boy in School

Today was awful! I woke up, went downstairs, and burnt a piece of toast. I mean this bitch was extra crispy. It was like eating a shingle. Needless to say I went crying to my shrink, and he perscribed me some meds that he said would "help ease the pain." When I got the perscription filled, it turned out to be cyanide. I hate Mondays.
Old 02-14-2005, 07:56 PM   #156
Machias Banshee
Super Moderator

awww... Mondays suck.

*declothes Volt to his skivvies and hires two asian women to give him a full body massage. Puts a giant drink beside him and gets some half-naked women to fan him with palm leaves*
Machias Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 08:11 PM   #157
Super Moderator

I know just what you mean, Voltron. This morning when I walked outside to my car to go to Physics, it was cold outside. It was, needless to say, depressing.
愛 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 08:14 PM   #158
Machias Banshee
Super Moderator

Do you wanna be fondled by some Asian girls too?
Old 02-14-2005, 08:15 PM   #159
Super Moderator

If it would take away the pain from the lack of heat energy this morning, then yes. I would love some slanted-eyed loving.
愛 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 08:19 PM   #160
Machias Banshee
Super Moderator

( *fights urge to have Yatta guys come in* )

You got it...

*snaps fingers*

*Two lovely young ladies with long black hair walk in and take Ai by the arms and brings him to a screened off area with candles and oils*

Do with him as you wish...

Tags
advice, celebrations, condolences, gossip