The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 02-28-2013, 04:15 PM   #61
snake
Disgusting

...was a meh issue, kind of boring, but next month should be good with the Krang fight!
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 04:53 PM   #62
ToTheNines
[sic]

Couple things I noticed after a second read:

The sword Karai used looked a lot like her sword in the Nicktoon. Neat.

Also, that two-page spread before the final page was brilliantly done. Bates is a hell of an artist.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 11:21 AM   #63
shuriken
Second City Shinobi

I liked it. A lot of exposition, but considering I read both 18 and 19 the same day made it flow a bit better. It's nice to see Krang that desperate to save his race and give the Neutrino King s**t for being weak. As for the coup on Burnow Island I could totally see that happening and the world not caring. Kinda disappointed Karai had such an easy time getting past security and to the Utroms. Aside from that I enjoyed it. And Mikey's gotta chill out a bit. I'm liking the change of pace from the Foot. Hard to believe it took 20 issues for Krang and the TMNT to finally meet.
Old 03-01-2013, 12:32 PM   #64
Venom
Space Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
Thanks for the reply but that is not what I mean. If the interaction with Krang is three acts/stories and this is only the first of it where would that leave Krang at the end of this part of the story? Krang would not be dead maybe defeated on Neutrino and escapes to lick his wounds only to strike again later?
Well, his plan is to finally conquer Neutrino and then roll out an invasion on Earth with the ultimate intent of re-establishing a new Utrominon, but as we saw Karai seemingly about to sever the life support on the Oots in stasis, that could very well throw a wrench into things if Krang were to become the very last Utrom to exist.
Old 03-01-2013, 02:05 PM   #65
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuriken View Post
Kinda disappointed Karai had such an easy time getting past security and to the Utroms. Aside from that I enjoyed it.
Keep in mind, the vast majority of Krang's forces are laying siege to Smada right now. So naturally, security isn't as tight as it normally would be.

That being said, Karai didn't know that. I would have liked to have seen her take a squad of ninja with her.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 02:22 PM   #66
DrSpengler
Foot Elite

For an easier time, Karai could've just taken a page from April and Casey's book: Infiltrate a guarded facility staffed with ruthless killers by using the elevator.
DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 01:05 PM   #67
Jephael
That whack job behind you

Loved this issue! My favorite moments were..

Spoiler:
Mikey getting all flirty with the princess!

www.jephael.com
Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 12:23 PM   #68
corvus
Stone Warrior

I find my self vastly more interested in what's going on with Karai and the secret history of the foot than the Neutrino story, which I just want to end....I feel like the writers just realized the turtles don't know about Krang despite the fact that his first appearance was well over a year ago and kind of rushed into a confrontation..also the neutrinos and manga type art are kind of ruining it for me...I don't see this as the series failing I see it as a weak point in the series. Overall I still love it.
Old 03-15-2013, 12:29 PM   #69
TomWaltz
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by corvus View Post
I find my self vastly more interested in what's going on with Karai and the secret history of the foot than the Neutrino story, which I just want to end....I feel like the writers just realized the turtles don't know about Krang despite the fact that his first appearance was well over a year ago and kind of rushed into a confrontation..also the neutrinos and manga type art are kind of ruining it for me...I don't see this as the series failing I see it as a weak point in the series. Overall I still love it.
Heh! Yep, we "just realized" that.

Plenty of Karai fun to come, never you fear, Corvus. We have a plan.

Tom W.
TomWaltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 12:44 PM   #70
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

While it took until #18 to really learn anything going on at Stocktronics its the pacing to fault. It was really slow in the first year and then #13 and #14 could have been one issue.Though #14 started to pick up speed which is still going on. The turtles were no supposed to know Chet's true anture. If they did then the knowledge of Krang would have been learned despite having Shredder to deal with and then the break out at Stocktronics. The turtles learned at the right time and yeah we did get a lot of info all at once but its the payoff after a long wait to get to the intended point. In retrospective while the pacing can be flustrating it fits the story the IDW is trying achieve and while the waiting to see a certain plot through can be flustrating its worth it. The Krang story is also only Act 1 of 3 so there is much more to come. Its just how will it be resolved with the turtles upbeat about Krang's defeat and him still be out there? I also appreciate reading Dimension X/Krang War story while the ninj esque Secret History is out. I do perfer the main titles story at least at this point between the two. I am more interested in the ripple effects of the mini.
Old 03-15-2013, 04:37 PM   #71
corvus
Stone Warrior

I hate criticizing writers...but I think the main reason I want this arch to end is freakin city fall!!! Looks awesome, I'm telling every comic fan I know to start reading cause an aweson arch is gonna happen. Don't disappoint Tom! You wouldn't want me to lose my friends would you? But no pressure man.
Old 03-15-2013, 06:51 PM   #72
Vi11AiN6
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by corvus View Post
I'm with you, The Secret History of The Foot is just such an incredible mini-series. I like whats going on with the Neutrino story but it pails in comparison to the Foot series. See my comments in that thread as I think the Secret History of the Foot is the best comic to ever happen to the TMNT.

Anyhow I digress, issues 19 is fun and I like how Leo points out "You go have a battle and we'll do infiltration, we're ninja's"... It's also cool to see big sci-fi battle stories with all those old playmates toys thrown in there. I do enjoy seeing the Krang/Neutrino war so early on in the series as it was such a big moment in the OT. It's nice to see it done in a little more detail. I feel like that's what IDW is going to give us a lot of, smarter, more planned out, more elaborate versions of past TMNT events mixed in with new elements.

I'm usually not one to be a fan of a "Re-Boot" and I am VERY protective of my childhood turtles but even then there were multiple version of the TMNT going on (mirage, archie, the OT)...
IDW is taking all of it and just putting it on steroids... Someday I hope to see Peter put in some input but then again I don't know if he can ever seperate himself from the old Mirage Universe.

In closing I will say I enjoyed much of the Mirage universe but the last Volume I found to be depressing, drab, and really just a wind down of the series. It needed fresh new blood of people who love the TMNT,

IDW is the best thing to happen to TMNT, hell the best thing to happen to Transformers and G.I.Joe!! It's a really incredible comic company and I love this team!!!!!!!

In closing I love the fact that Fugitoid has been tied into the Neutrinos. SMART !!! F;n SMART!!!!!!!
Vi11AiN6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 06:56 PM   #73
Vi11AiN6
Foot Soldier

One More Thing

Playmates BETTER!! I mean BETTER do I IDW line of TMNT and characters.
One thing we don't need is a bunch of versions of the Turtles in stupid costumes, or stupid mutants that have nothing to do with the series.

Take a note from what works, sell the Nick toys, then make an IDW line, it will make money and real collectors would spend more money on them than making idiot characters like Snakeweed...

Vi11AiN6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 08:33 PM   #74
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomWaltz View Post
Plenty of Karai fun to come.
That's what I'm talking about!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vi11AiN6 View Post
SMART !!! F;n SMART!!!!!!!
This makes me hope you're in your early twenties, and not my age...
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets

International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 09:07 PM   #75
corvus
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vi11AiN6 View Post
Playmates BETTER!! I mean BETTER do I IDW line of TMNT and characters.
One thing we don't need is a bunch of versions of the Turtles in stupid costumes, or stupid mutants that have nothing to do with the series.

Take a note from what works, sell the Nick toys, then make an IDW line, it will make money and real collectors would spend more money on them than making idiot characters like Snakeweed...

I've wanted to see more collectable adult oriented(no, not what it sounds like) IDW figures. I just really want an old hob figure.
Old 03-26-2013, 06:25 PM   #76
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored

I did a couple of customs, but according to DragnSkull, they weren't very good
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets

International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comic discussion