The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 11-04-2017, 09:05 PM   #241
DVD
Mad Scientist

Watched it twice now.
It isn’t Turtles Forever. That show had a specific title and had a very specific direction, and it totally worked as far as I was concerned in meeting it’s own goals .
These last three episodes set out to give B.B. n RS a run for our money. Great idea to team up the then Shredder and now B.B. n RS. I hack expected the pair to strike back at Shredder after all the insults .. which were really quite funny.

As the last three episodes I’ll see (as first time viewings) of this series, I can’t comlain. I know they weren’t the filmed final episodes, (very evident with the Space Heroes), but they closed the show in good style and left me feeling good about the series.
DVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 03:12 PM   #242
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Found this one (and what I assume are the last two with it since it's said to be 65 minutes) available on demand. Since the commercial finally said it will be on a noon next Sunday (was hoping for evening!) and I'll inevitably be at work, guess I'll probably just watch it tonight instead. Bittersweet.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 05:00 PM   #243
ABrown
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Found this one (and what I assume are the last two with it since it's said to be 65 minutes) available on demand.
I had thought about creating a thread at some point to discuss this, but there's really no point now that the show's over. Are you watching on Comcast's OnDemand? How do you find the show? I don't ever see it in ANY of the folders. The only way that I've found the show to watch OnDemand is by searching for "Teenage Mutant", with the episodes popping up along with hundreds of other TMNT options.
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 05:10 PM   #244
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Yup, and that's exactly how I found it too. It's ridiculousness that it's not listed in the Nick section, esp when it used to be! At least it was for a while. Was kind of shocked a bit ago (prob back in the summer) when I found the Nick show turned up in the search!
Old 11-05-2017, 09:49 PM   #245
sdp
-

Well I just watched it and I was extremely disappointed by the episode and I was so looking forward to the second crossover, especially when I saw it was 3 episodes.

The main problem with the crossover is it was stretched out over 3 episodes, I mean look at all the things they did in the first crossover which only lasted one episode. Here the turtles never went to the OT universe, likely because of budget but it should've been done in one or two episodes max.

Rocksteady & Beebop save the crossover, they were hilarious. I love them. Russian Rocksteady is great, too bad his human self was nothing like his mutated form, he was this badass gangster weapons guy if we remember But I can forgive that change since he's so awesome.

My main gripe is the treatment of the OT Turtles, it seems the writers decided to see if they could insult them as bad as Turtles Forever did. Now I don't think it ever got as bad as in Turtles Forever but after giving them such great treatment in the first crossover why do a bait and switch for this crossover?

Krang's CG body is so awful, noticed it also when re-watching the first crossover, Vegita does better with proportions in his amateur work. Shredder/Turtles also look odd but not enough to call it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
I just realized....

With Slash and Mondo in the mix, we have 3 Donnies & 3 Mikeys...I'm positive that's intentional.
What do you mean?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaughnMichael View Post
I loved this special outside of the 80's turtles being made to look like huge wimps.
And having to be trained by the Nick TMNT.
Which makes me wonder if this causes the turtles to go into the Red Sky era of the old toon.
I like this theory.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 09:54 PM   #246
CyberCubed
Overlord

I don't think the OT Turtles were treated badly, of course they're not going to be as strong as Nick Bebop/Rocksteady or as good fighters as the Nick Turtles. But when they actually got tough they took out all the enemies like they were nothing and destroyed all the Foot Soldiers and fought the Rock Soldiers.

They also did a ton with Bebop/Rocksteady and Shredder/Krang, they were the real stars of this 3-parter, not any of the Turtles.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 10:03 PM   #247
sdp
-

They were treated badly but it's something I can look past, It's Turtles Forever that I still can't get over it. They were definitely treated much better in the first crossover and like I said the biggest problem with this crossover is the stakes weren't as big and it's a three parter. First crossover is such a great episode, it was going to be hard to top.

But Rocksteady & Beebop also got stronger because of the Dimension X Tech, because even the Nick turtles mention that "wow, they're actually strong" or something along those lines. I was weary going into it because the DVD was called Rockseady and Beebop instead of having a crossover title/cover but man did those two deserve the name of the DVD/Cover, they played off of Shredder/Krang so much better than their OT counterparts.

I hope the new show crosses over with the OT, every TMNT show should crossover with them from now on, as the one link to the turtles multiverse.
Old 11-05-2017, 10:09 PM   #248
CyberCubed
Overlord

These episodes were basically about Shredder/Krang using the Technodrome to take over the Nick dimension, essentially every plot they had in the OT repowering the Technodrome just in the Nickverse.

They handled Shredder extremely well especially given he's voiced by Nick's Shredder and the banter between him and Krang and Nick's Bebop/Rocksteady were great. Especially all the inside jokes like Krang getting out of the shower, using Shredder's Chrome Dome Shampoo, them insulting Bebop/Rocksteady and Bebop saying, "What's with all the insults? It's not 1987 anymore! We're in the union!"

I also liked that we got to see the original Foot Soldiers in 3D and they were far more competent at fighting in this show than they ever were in the original cartoon. They were more like the videogame ones!

Finally it was nice seeing Nick's Traag/Granitor one last time, funnily enough this is the first appearance of the actual Rock Soldier army in Nick and they're just small rock heads!

These eps also gave some last bit of spotlight to the Nick cast like April/Casey, Karai/Shinigami, and Slash/Mondo/Leatherhead which was nice.

As for the Turtles while the training scenes was a bit off, they did act like themselves at every other point. OT Raph was more sarcastic than usual saying to Karai, "Nice to meet you too." after she called them bug-eyed. And Leonardo was hilarious with the way he thought he couldn't use his weapons and then got violent. OT Don helped save the day as usual and Michelangelo was handled fine.
Old 11-05-2017, 10:09 PM   #249
Kit31
Foot Soldier

How I see things is the OT universe and the 2012 universe are very different. The tactics that work in the OT one might not work in the 2012 one. You see this when Raphael (OT) tried the same fire hydrant trick in the second crossover. The laws of physics are different between the two dimensions, apparently. So it also makes sense that the OT Turtles' style of fighting isn't as effective in the 2012 Turtles' world.

This is my theory, anyway.
Kit31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 10:15 PM   #250
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Krang's CG body is so awful, noticed it also when re-watching the first crossover, Vegita does better with proportions in his amateur work. Shredder/Turtles also look odd but not enough to call it out.
the problem with artists recreating original stuff is sometimes they like to stylize. And Krangs body is WAY Stylized. especially in the middle proportion. Shredder was probably the best of the OT designs. The turtles look seemed based off the Dan Burger (?) merchandise art. I didn't like it at first.. but it grew on me more than Krang did.
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 10:17 PM   #251
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kit31 View Post
How I see things is the OT universe and the 2012 universe are very different. The tactics that work in the OT one might not work in the 2012 one. You see this when Raphael (OT) tried the same fire hydrant trick in the second crossover. The laws of physics are different between the two dimensions, apparently. So it also makes sense that the OT Turtles' style of fighting isn't as effective in the 2012 Turtles' world.

This is my theory, anyway.
I definetly see it that way.

If they fought in the 80s Dimension, the 80s turtles wouldve easily owned Nick Bebop and Rocksteady. I'm willing to bet thats how their showdown with Tiger Claw also went down.

The Foot Soldiers from the Original Toon were also pretty effective in the 2k12 Universe due to their brute force tactics which were ineffective in the 80s world due to Toonforce Slapstick.

Last edited by FredWolfLeonardo; 11-05-2017 at 10:27 PM.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 10:30 PM   #252
sdp
-

Now I really wonder how that fight between Tiger Claw and the OT Turtles went, it never really interested me until you mentioned it. We know the OT turtles come out fine but also that Tiger Claw made it out.

But yeah, the OT turtles crossed over with 2k3, Nick and even with themselves in the OT, Rise better at least have Raph in an episode since Rob Paulsen is there even if not voicing.

Have we speculated on when this crossover might take place in the OT? If so, someone link me to the thread.
Old 11-05-2017, 10:33 PM   #253
CyberCubed
Overlord

The Technodrome was underground in the beginning of this arc, the only time it was underground in the OT after Season 1 was in Season 3.

In Seasons 2 and 4 the Technodrome was in Dimension X.

In Season 5 it was in the arctic.

In Seasons 6-7 it was underwater.

In Season 8 it was trapped in a black hole

Then in Season 10 we just see it all destroyed and abanoned in the final episode in Dimension X.
Old 11-05-2017, 10:35 PM   #254
sdp
-

It was also underground in the first crossover and in Turtles Forever right?

Yikes, that means we would have to place all 3 crossovers during season 3.
Old 11-05-2017, 10:37 PM   #255
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
It was also underground in the first crossover and in Turtles Forever right?

Yikes, that means we would have to place all 3 crossovers during season 3.
Season 3 was one of the most popular and iconic eras of the original cartoon, and when the show started to get a bit more into slapstick and Shredder less competent, so I guess it makes sense.
Old 11-05-2017, 10:39 PM   #256
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Now I really wonder how that fight between Tiger Claw and the OT Turtles went, it never really interested me until you mentioned it. We know the OT turtles come out fine but also that Tiger Claw made it out.
It would've been kinda neat if they revealed that either OT Leo or Raph was responsible for Tiger Claw's eyepatch during the fight, but seeing as how the Original Toon stayed away from violence, that probably wasn't the case

Quote:
Have we speculated on when this crossover might take place in the OT? If so, someone link me to the thread.
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=58740
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 10:45 PM   #257
Kit31
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
It would've been kinda neat if they revealed that either OT Leo or Raph was responsible for Tiger Claw's eyepatch during the fight, but seeing as how the Original Toon stayed away from violence, that probably wasn't the case
OT cartoon logic: Even using weapons doesn't really hurt anyone.
2012 toon logic: Holy sh**! I could really hurt someone if I use my weapons!

My bet is the Kraathatrogon did it.
Kit31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 08:42 AM   #258
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Caught it last night as intended. Not bad, it was fun. Less impactful of course than the apocalypse one, but glad to leave off with this one instead and the TMNT still just living life in NYC and whatever is next for them there. Annnnd... I guess B&R considering a better path after saving the day? Just wish it has left of with a last shot of the 2012 Turtles.

I don't care that this show kind of plays the OT Turtles as fools like how Turtles Forever did... (Sure, there was goofy stuff in their show but that was the nature of it and it fit what it was, but it wasn't dramatized like this to make it foolish.) But at least the Nick Turtles are a bit kinder and them trying to train the OT and warm to them more afterward was good.

Funny how though that the 2012 world is more "real" and, as already mentioned, some stuff just doesn't work as it does in the 2D OT world. lol I did go back and play a few parts while watching this. Including OT Leo trying to stealthily hide by the swing set. *clank* *runs other end of it* *clank* lol

Did I forget something, or why was Spike, Leatherhead, and Mondo just randomly hanging out in the offices of TCRI...?

Welp, that's it, that's all they wrote. Literally. So long, 2012. Sad to see it end.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 11-06-2017 at 08:52 AM.
Old 11-06-2017, 08:43 AM   #259
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
I definetly see it that way.

If they fought in the 80s Dimension, the 80s turtles wouldve easily owned Nick Bebop and Rocksteady. I'm willing to bet thats how their showdown with Tiger Claw also went down.

The Foot Soldiers from the Original Toon were also pretty effective in the 2k12 Universe due to their brute force tactics which were ineffective in the 80s world due to Toonforce Slapstick.
Hmm you're right. Tiger Claw woulda been too confused to know what the **** was going on. Like where did that banana peel come from?

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 11:31 AM   #260
CyberCubed
Overlord

It's kind of funny the last shot we see of Nick's Casey is his ribs breaking from being hit by Rocksteady.