The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 03-01-2024, 09:00 PM   #21
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResidentEvil7 View Post
I love those Costco chickens; they're big, juicy, flavorful and cheap.

As far as protein shakes go, how good is Dymatize ISO-100? That's what I drink and in milk. I saw a video on YouTube and it said that ISO-100 is the second best protein powder shake right behind Optimum Nutrition Whey. I found a store site on the Net where I can get this supplement for $84 for 5 pounds, where it would of costed $120 on eBay for the same flavor and size.
No, no. The protein shakes all do different things. Again, only drink them IF you are lifting weights to the point of fatigue. If you drink protein shakes and don't guide the chemicals to rebuilding muscle, then the shakes become nothing more than "cancer fuel".

As for what you are buying - do some quick reading on the difference between a "hydrolate", and "isolate" and "concentrate". I've outlined them here on the boards before, but you need to start there and buy the one that truthfully matches your workouts. Don't go "cheap" on the protein powder.

And it's more important than anything that you work out to fatigue and then drink the shake. An easy way to gauge it is if you basically feel re-energized and normally mobile after a workout by drinking the shake. You should. If you want to go cheap on the protein powder, then don't buy it at all and eat more baked chicken and various beans as close to after your workouts as you can.

There is always "social talk" about what people do, but you have to be honest with yourself. Don't fool yourself - it's like how I go on trail rides for 12 miles or so - that's not a "workout". It's leisure. If you want to change you have to push yourself to fatigue and feed yourself protein.

Last edited by IMJ; 03-01-2024 at 09:06 PM.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2024, 05:17 AM   #22
Stephen
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResidentEvil7 View Post
I want my 41 year old body to look like it did when I was in high school where I took strength training in my senior year and got in better shape.
Were you overweight as a kid, or was it mostly weight gain during adolescence?
Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2024, 07:15 AM   #23
oldmanwinters
Overlord

I sorta live this meme:

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2024, 10:08 AM   #24
ResidentEvil7
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Were you overweight as a kid, or was it mostly weight gain during adolescence?
A little overweight. Nothing back then compared to what I look like in the past 15 years. I went from 215 to 250 due to side effects of my autism medication to 280 because getting bigger made me hungrier, and now my weight is stuck at 280. I want to get down to 180-190.

I took strength training in my senior year in high school to get away from regular PE sports, because I hate ball game sports. I did better than I thought in lifting weights and rowing. After I graduated high school, I was more focused on looking for work and being with my best friend that I met a year later and my weight slowly went up.
ResidentEvil7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2024, 02:34 PM   #25
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
I sorta live this meme:
https://i.imgur.com/UPqMiSfm.jpg
Isn't that the truth.

Doesn't help when there's leftovers, it's bad to waste food, and boy do I love cold leftover pizza, so... welp, guess I'm eating pizza for two days.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2024, 04:13 PM   #26
ResidentEvil7
Foot Soldier

You guys can have your pizza. Tonight, I just got done eating chicken breast, white rice, mushrooms and onion slices with avocado oil, Mrs. Dash on top.
ResidentEvil7 is offline   Reply With Quote