The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 10-18-2019, 02:33 PM   #1
The Turtle Terminator
Mad Scientist

Timeline between the original film and SOTO

Is there a specific timespan given between these two films? The return of the Shredder seems like it should happen over a few days, however the film implies that the Turtles have been at April’s for several weeks
Old 10-18-2019, 02:54 PM   #2
Musashi
Foot Soldier

It doesn't really make any sense at all. How long does the Shredder spend in the back of that garbage truck...? It's kind of odd that the first two movies were actually written by the same guy - although SotO probably in a hurry given how quickly they managed to release it.

Several weeks seems about right for April to build a whole new life in a new apartment having lost everything in the destruction of her old home... and also become a different person. In my fanfics, the two films actually take place in slightly different universes.
Musashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 02:55 PM   #3
snake
Disgusting

Enough time for Casey Jones to be convicted of manslaughter and being mysteriously absent for the duration of the film.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 02:57 PM   #4
Musashi
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
Enough time for Casey Jones to be convicted of manslaughter and being mysteriously absent for the duration of the film.
I explain where he is, and answer a dozen other questions nobody ever wanted to know the answer to...

Last edited by Musashi; 10-18-2019 at 03:04 PM.
Old 10-24-2019, 04:02 PM   #5
pferreira
Foot Elite

I would say no more than two or three days. That would be enough time for the Foot to reassemble back at the junkyard. They all looked like they were in panic and still were clinging to their secret rendezvous spot in case something happened to them.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 03:06 PM   #6
Coola Yagami
Overlord

One or two days, the kids were acting like they just got there and were checking to make sure how many of them weren't caught by police and were able to make it.

Actually that would have worked better if the scene had some sort of 'several months later' thing right after it, cause it almost looked like that scene happened the same night Shredder was defeated.

What contradicts everything is April acts as if the Turtles had been living with her for quite a while, and not that they just moved in.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 11:52 AM   #7
Donnie
Something from the Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
I explain where he is, and answer a dozen other questions nobody ever wanted to know the answer to...
Cool project, I always wanted to write a fanfic comic based on the 90s movie universe. Not including SotO, though. I'd do an alternate take on events post movie 1.
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 02:54 PM   #8
Musashi
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie View Post
Cool project, I always wanted to write a fanfic comic based on the 90s movie universe. Not including SotO, though. I'd do an alternate take on events post movie 1.
Thanks. Having recently rewatched the movies again, I have to acknowledge the first one is in a different league, largely down to Steve Barron's direction (Why didn't the other two directors oil the Turtles skin, or light their eyes...? Both great ways of making them look like real living creatures), but I still like II and III a lot.

Apart from a nostalgic fondness for the Fred Wolf cartoon, it's the 90s movies I'm really a fan of - not that fussed about any recent version. And I only read the Mirage Vol I comics - which are of course great - right before doing my fics so I could plunder ideas that might, in a parallel universe, have made their way into the movies if more had been made.

Tags
secret of the ooze