The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2019, 01:13 AM   #561
StealthNinjaScyther
Foot Soldier
 
StealthNinjaScyther's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 199
The next wave is the Bug Bustin' variants and maybe Bullhop.
StealthNinjaScyther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 07:09 AM   #562
BlueKatana
Hench Mutant
 
BlueKatana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Chicago
Posts: 399
Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthNinjaScyther View Post
The next wave is the Bug Bustin' variants and maybe Bullhop.
Thanks for the info!
__________________
You know I got your back...just like a Turtle Shell!
BlueKatana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 10:04 PM   #563
Wes
Mad Scientist
 
Wes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: A very scary place. With crayons!
Posts: 1,488
Finally started seeing the Battle Shell figures at local Walmarts; at this point I've managed to snag everyone except Mikey. (I've seen him around; I just try to spread my toy purchases out over multiple store visits and I don't imagine he'll end up being super rare.) I'm rather digging the figures themselves -- I much prefer the BS headsculpts and (since I didn't end up with the SDCC/club membership figures) fully plan on taking advantage of the sculpted marking areas to paint in those details.

The Battle Shell feature is fairly disappointing here, though. One of the coolest things about the vintage BS figures was that one could shove pretty much whatever one wanted inside there, whereas these new figures have their innards specifically tailored to the weapons they come with, which means it's that much harder to fit different accessories in there. And in theory that wouldn't be so bad, but the weapons they come with are awful. Like, so bad they might as well have come with nothing. Actually Raph's tonfas are okay... though incidentally he also has the notches for storing them on his belt, which makes the Battle Shell function mostly useless. Still, I'm sure I've got some tiny accessories I can make fit, and if all else fails I can drill the notches out of there.
__________________


* Scary-Crayon * Wesoteric * Chew your gum properly, ok?


Aaand... Technodrome buy/sell/trade thread here!
Wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 07:31 PM   #564
TMNachoT
Stone Warrior
 
TMNachoT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Mendoza
Posts: 724
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes View Post
Finally started seeing the Battle Shell figures at local Walmarts; at this point I've managed to snag everyone except Mikey. (I've seen him around; I just try to spread my toy purchases out over multiple store visits and I don't imagine he'll end up being super rare.) I'm rather digging the figures themselves -- I much prefer the BS headsculpts and (since I didn't end up with the SDCC/club membership figures) fully plan on taking advantage of the sculpted marking areas to paint in those details.

The Battle Shell feature is fairly disappointing here, though. One of the coolest things about the vintage BS figures was that one could shove pretty much whatever one wanted inside there, whereas these new figures have their innards specifically tailored to the weapons they come with, which means it's that much harder to fit different accessories in there. And in theory that wouldn't be so bad, but the weapons they come with are awful. Like, so bad they might as well have come with nothing. Actually Raph's tonfas are okay... though incidentally he also has the notches for storing them on his belt, which makes the Battle Shell function mostly useless. Still, I'm sure I've got some tiny accessories I can make fit, and if all else fails I can drill the notches out of there.
What about the sculpts? Do they look more accurate to the designs from the show compared to the figs from wave 1? Cheers!
TMNachoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 05:21 AM   #565
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,132
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNachoT View Post
What about the sculpts? Do they look more accurate to the designs from the show compared to the figs from wave 1? Cheers!
The sculpts on the BS Turtles are much better then the Basics, and while they lack the painted markings, they have sculpted lines where Leo's yellow arm and leg stripes are placed, Mikey's dots and Donnie's weird tech markings.

But due to the spring-loaded shell action the head articulation is little more then just a swivel, which is a huge disappointment
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 11:56 AM   #566
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer
 
Autbot_Benz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Ventura California
Posts: 5,029
Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
But due to the spring-loaded shell action the head articulation is little more then just a swivel, which is a huge disappointment
well to be fair Playmates Toys and Disappointment go hand in hand like Peanut Butter and Jelly
__________________





I respect what FW cartoon did for the turtles franchise but it is the most overrated and hard to watch of the 3 turtles cartoons.
Autbot_Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 01:38 PM   #567
TMNachoT
Stone Warrior
 
TMNachoT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Mendoza
Posts: 724
Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
The sculpts on the BS Turtles are much better then the Basics, and while they lack the painted markings, they have sculpted lines where Leo's yellow arm and leg stripes are placed, Mikey's dots and Donnie's weird tech markings.

But due to the spring-loaded shell action the head articulation is little more then just a swivel, which is a huge disappointment

Thank you!
TMNachoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 09:23 AM   #568
Wes
Mad Scientist
 
Wes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: A very scary place. With crayons!
Posts: 1,488
I'll second what Candy Kappa said. If you can only get one set and you want the more show-accurate ones, then you definitely want the Battle Shell versions (especially if you're inclined to paint the markings yourself).
__________________


* Scary-Crayon * Wesoteric * Chew your gum properly, ok?


Aaand... Technodrome buy/sell/trade thread here!
Wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 06:14 PM   #569
TMNachoT
Stone Warrior
 
TMNachoT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Mendoza
Posts: 724
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes View Post
I'll second what Candy Kappa said. If you can only get one set and you want the more show-accurate ones, then you definitely want the Battle Shell versions (especially if you're inclined to paint the markings yourself).
Cheers, Wes!!
TMNachoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 01:20 PM   #570
DVD
Mad Scientist
 
DVD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Shanghai
Posts: 2,006
Seems like ages since I got any new figures in this range.
I did get around to picking up Donatello’s bike yesterday. This means I’ll need to get Raph’s As well.
__________________
DVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 10:20 PM   #571
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,808
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVD View Post
Seems like ages since I got any new figures in this range.
I did get around to picking up Donatello’s bike yesterday. This means I’ll need to get Raph’s As well.
It's been forever since anything has come out.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:49 AM   #572
rayfillet101
Mad Scientist
 
rayfillet101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Mass
Posts: 1,406
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaughnMichael View Post
It's been forever since anything has come out.
Haha, I feel you. After 2k13 ended, I was so desperate for a turtles score I went hunting for the shampoo bottles. I am stuck buying the figures on Amazon and Ebay because the East Coast seems to never get them on the shelves. Looking forward to new stuff. Hoping all the Foot activity on the show would lead to a special release we didnt see at toy fair?
__________________

"When you scream my name, pleading for the pain to stop, you may call me...Bishop."
rayfillet101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:33 PM   #573
StealthNinjaScyther
Foot Soldier
 
StealthNinjaScyther's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 199
Playmates updated their site and it looks like the next figures to be released are actually Jet Pack and Spider Shell Donatello. This slow trickle of new figures doesn't feel like it bodes well for the future of the line.
StealthNinjaScyther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:59 PM   #574
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,132
I wish the Donnie variants had a new sculpt, like the figure they showed driving the bugbuster flying bike
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
2018, action figures, playmates, rise of the tmnt, toys

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.