The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Current Events

Notices

Old 03-25-2019, 06:39 PM   #21
Voltron
Handsomest Boy in School

Got you covered guys.
Old 03-25-2019, 06:42 PM   #22
Leo656
The Franchise

That was just on last night.

Incidentally, one of my wife's favorite episodes. What a weirdo!

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 09:01 PM   #23
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Where's the gif for people who aren't "scared" of 'em but just plain don't like 'em?
Hmph. Thought we were friends.

IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 09:26 PM   #24
Leo656
The Franchise

Well we definitely are now, since you saw fit to cater to my Tinker Belle fetish.

All jokes aside, you know you're one'a my favorites. Remember that time I got in trouble because I didn't like how someone was talkin' to you, got Way Too Mad about it and said some dumb stuff? That came from a place of genuine sincerity. You always have something worthwhile to contribute, you avoid Shenanigans, and never stoop to anyone's level. Without making a List, you are by far one of my favorite people here and I would probably not still be around here if you weren't.
------------------

I've said this before: Individually, I get along much better with women than I do with most men, and those women are some of the best people I know.

Collectively, too many of 'em are Bad People just like anyone else, but they often get a "pass" because they're female, which I don't like. I think for things to be truly "equal", women should be called out on their bad behavior just as much as men should. Not everyone agrees with that, and it bothers me.

But yeah, no, individually, one-on-one, to a person, some of them are absolutely Terrific Human Beings. Case In Point.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 10:23 PM   #25
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Snowflake!
I'm not the snowflake, you're the snowflake.
Nah ah, you're the snowflake, snowflake.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 11:42 PM   #26
Roseangelo
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
nope, it's an issue with the performers. 'TV's frank' has gone full on hollywood/woke mode. his compatriot, Trace B is the same way, but I feel he hasn't hit the full threshold yet like frank has...
WTF does this even mean. A celebrity doesn't share the same opinions as you, so you're having an Internet tantrum?
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 11:51 PM   #27
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
WTF does this even mean. A celebrity doesn't share the same opinions as you, so you're having an Internet tantrum?
I'm a little lost too, myself, honestly. Clarify, V?
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 11:58 PM   #28
Voltron
Handsomest Boy in School

You know, one reason I tried my damnedest to get off Facebook was because it amplified the nuttiness of today's political discussions.

The world has always been in constant state of flux. What's popular today won't be tomorrow. Tomorrow's trend will fade the day after that. Raging because someone with a platform insulted your world view is a waste of energy. Why even bother?

There's a lot of issues people bring up that, despite being outlandish in their suppositions, warrant a discussion. This isn't one of them. No one is going to get hurt because someone on a podcast supports BLM or wants to see more women in Congress. Any person on the street can hold that opinion. Why do we have to insist celebrities be that politically sterile?

Come back when Congress is discussing taking your guns or forcing you to gay marry a dog or whatever else we lose our bananas over anymore.
Old 03-26-2019, 12:16 AM   #29
snake
Disgusting

I think the issue for a lot of people is when celebrities start saying dumb sh*t, but really- isn’t that what they’ve always done? They’re basically in a world of their own, and you expect them to have informed, sound political opinions? Ok, chief.

It doesn’t bother me personally, as I practice the art of seperating the art from the artist.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 12:33 AM   #30
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

The only time my ears perk up is when I see stuff anywhere (clickbait, largely) that's like, "Hey! You need to listen! Anne Hathaway/Jennifer Lawrence is saying this thing about politics, and we should all listen!"

No, we don't. We really don't. She's an actor. An activist by hobby, parlaying her actual trade and hopefully her fanbase into... their activism. Vacuously, largely.
Old 03-26-2019, 12:35 AM   #31
snake
Disgusting

The sad thing is that there’s people who will buy into whatever they’re saying just because they’re saying it.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 12:37 AM   #32
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
The sad thing is that there’s people who will buy into whatever they’re saying just because they’re saying it.
Yeah, I see the shares of Jennifer Lawrence and Anne Hathaway stuff, or stuff like them with like actresses and actors everyday. And the corresponding thumbs ups. And from a lot of the replies to the responses, it honestly seems like the people posting and reposting them don't even watch them first.

Spreading propaganda like spores/pollen in the air.
Old 03-26-2019, 12:39 AM   #33
Wildcat
Foot Elite

Ooh the dreaded Unfollow...that’ll show’em.

Seriously the whole Woke/PC thing is being blown of proportion...by those who are against it. Nobody really has an agenda or whatever you think just because they’re supporting equality.

There’s those who take politics too far but that’s how it’s always been. This is not the point though and different subject.

Anyone else watch the newest Simpsons? Itchy and Scratchy get an all-female reboot. It was a pretty good episode. I think it did a good job showing how ridiculous both sides of this whole argument has been. Sadly not that far off.

OP is like Milhouse and B.R.A.
Old 03-26-2019, 04:56 PM   #34
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Well we definitely are now, since you saw fit to cater to my Tinker Belle fetish.

All jokes aside, you know you're one'a my favorites. Remember that time I got in trouble because I didn't like how someone was talkin' to you, got Way Too Mad about it and said some dumb stuff? That came from a place of genuine sincerity. You always have something worthwhile to contribute, you avoid Shenanigans, and never stoop to anyone's level. Without making a List, you are by far one of my favorite people here and I would probably not still be around here if you weren't.
Well shucks...

IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote