The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 04-01-2019, 10:53 AM   #1
neatoman
Emperor

The Fred Wolf show will receive a Blu-Ray release this year

As if animation errors and a choppy frame rate would look better on Blu-Ray, April Fools.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 11:16 AM   #2
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
As if animation errors and a choppy frame rate would look better on Blu-Ray, April Fools.
Ok, you got me on this one.

If it ever happened for real, maybe this thread will turn into the de-facto discussion point.

I would never expect anything revolutionary in a hi-def Fred Wolf toon release, but I would love it if we got a reasonably good SD release that doesn't suffer from compression (too many episodes per disc) or residual VHS tracking noise.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 11:55 AM   #3
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

April, April, silly hering. I can fool you with anything.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 04:15 PM   #4
Prowler
Emperor

Tbh I'm not sure this show would be as fun if it had a HD Blu-Ray release and had its animation errors fixed. FWIW, those animation errors are part of its charm. Of all the problems the show had and of all the negative aspects you can argue that it had for the TMNT property as whole... its animation errors really aren't that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 02:49 AM   #5
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
April, April, silly hering. I can fool you with anything.
Doesn't work when translated into english.
Hahahaha!
Old 04-02-2019, 03:38 AM   #6
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Tbh I'm not sure this show would be as fun if it had a HD Blu-Ray release and had its animation errors fixed. FWIW, those animation errors are part of its charm. Of all the problems the show had and of all the negative aspects you can argue that it had for the TMNT property as whole... its animation errors really aren't that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things.
The only reason to have FW on blu-ray would be fewer discs and more shelf friendly. I would not have wanted a "fixed" version of the show.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 03:57 PM   #7
pferreira
Foot Elite

At this point in time I feel I should quote Andrew to Toxic "why don't you go f*ck yourself."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
He's trolling. They should close this comment thread. It's a waste of space like it's OP.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 04:12 PM   #8
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Someday, a pig will fly and we'll get a complete DVD collection of the 4Kids TMNT series.

But until then, sure, repackage Fred Wolf TMNT for like a fifth damn time. Why not.
Old 04-07-2019, 04:23 PM   #9
neatoman
Emperor

Well I did pick the Fred Wolf show for a reason, as I understand it the DVD sets ended up being shelf warmers, it's not going to get a blu-ray release anytime soon. Even if it does get one in the next few years, the only people who'll buy it are going to be a handful of nostalgic 40+ year olds.

April fools jokes are meant to be suspicious but the ones it's targeted towards should still be able to fall for it. Considering this place has people like pferreira, who thinks the crappy kids' stuff made 25+ years ago is still the popular aspect of the franchise, it was perfect.
Hahahaha!
Old 04-07-2019, 05:55 PM   #10
Leo656
The Franchise

It was a good rib. Perfectly placed, as you said.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 10:12 PM   #11
turtle1237
Stone Warrior

If Speed Racer got a Blu-ray release with all its 60's animation glory, why cant the 80's turtles get the same treatment?
turtle1237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 09:55 AM   #12
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle1237 View Post
If Speed Racer got a Blu-ray release with all its 60's animation glory, why cant the 80's turtles get the same treatment?
Maybe it's easier to get a license deal to? Maybe there was a ready made remaster in Japan? Maybe because it's far shorter? Maybe because it would make more more money? Who really knows.
Hahahaha!
Old 04-15-2019, 12:32 PM   #13
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
It was a good rib. Perfectly placed, as you said.
No it is not!

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle1237 View Post
Agreed. I'd love to see the original series on blu-ray and given proper extras.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Well I did pick the Fred Wolf show for a reason, as I understand it the DVD sets ended up being shelf warmers, it's not going to get a blu-ray release anytime soon. Even if it does get one in the next few years, the only people who'll buy it are going to be a handful of nostalgic 40+ year olds.

April fools jokes are meant to be suspicious but the ones it's targeted towards should still be able to fall for it. Considering this place has people like pferreira, who thinks the crappy kids' stuff made 25+ years ago is still the popular aspect of the franchise, it was perfect.
And the award for troll of the year goes to neatoman!

http://www.thetechnodrome.com/frules.shtml

"Rule 6: Since this site is based on the original TMNT cartoon (1987-1996), original cartoon bashing of any kind is not allowed."
Now since you have problems dealing with reading and understanding forum rules let's go through this one shall we? Let's see now...hang on a second, this site is based on the FW series? You're not allowed to bash the show, well that makes sense I guess. But...neatoman you've bashed the show not just once either? How many times this year? How many times last year? Just thinking how many threads you haven't bashed the FW series. Now let's see... Nope...really can't think of many.

I like many here am sick and tired of you constantly bashing the FW series. Every SINGLE time someone posts a thread about the FW series you're contribution amounts to "it's a crappy merchandise cartoon for nostalgic fans in their 40s who cares?" Well who cares what you think?! Why the hell are you even here in the General Forum if you're going to troll the series??? You have an unhealthy habit of bashing a TV show you don't like and I have no idea why? Give it a rest! It was stupid the first time and now it's unhealthy trolling. Did the show hurt your feelings or something? You seem to have a retribution campaign against it because it made TMNT popular. Do you see me constantly bashing the Rise series or the IDW comics? Do you see me trolling fans of The Next Mutation or the PD movies? Guess what? If I don't have anything good to say or have zero interest in participating in asking something I DON'T VISIT THOSE THREADS!!! You have zero respect for what other people like and I'll continue to call you out for being the as*hole you are. I mean I shouldn't even have to point this all out because it's common courtesy on how to behave on a fan forum.

As for your 'hilarious' joke I didn't actually fall for it. I could see straight away it was a rubbish prank because why the hell would neatoman actually contribute something useful to this show? You're the last person who would offer that specific news. That was my thinking.

Have you ever thought perhaps some fans actually want to see the FW series on blu-ray? No? Let me put this image into your head then: imagine you made the same joke for fans of the 2003 series who have waited for ten years to see the series completed on DVD let alone blu-ray? Or what if you tried that joke on fans who still wish for a proper release of the first live action movie on blu-ray? Not so funny now is it? That joke was in poor taste man, poor taste. For whatever reason the mods might go against their own rules and ban me for speaking out but I'm glad if they do if it means pointing out not only any potential hypocrisy but the blindingly obvious that this constant behaviour from you isn't on. What I do hope is that the mods delete this entire thread because it's not on for the fans who like the FW series but have to put up with neatoman. You're old enough to know how to interact with people generally, have some respect for what others like!

Rant over.

Last edited by pferreira; 04-15-2019 at 12:55 PM.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 12:49 PM   #14
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

I am late to the party, but I will admit that I fell for the joke on April Fools, primarily because I never keep track of what day it is and I didn't check who the maker of the thread was

I know there are other ways of watching the show, but I would just adore the novelty of having all 193 on just a few discs.

And pferreira, let me just tell you that there some things not worth wasting time on.
Better to just enjoy this place as much as you can.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.

Last edited by FredWolfLeonardo; 04-15-2019 at 12:56 PM.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 01:00 PM   #15
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by pferreira View Post
http://www.thetechnodrome.com/frules.shtml

"Rule 6: Since this site is based on the original TMNT cartoon (1987-1996), original cartoon bashing of any kind is not allowed."
Now since you have problems dealing with reading and understanding forum rules let's go through this one shall we? Let's see now...hang on a second, this site is based on the FW series? You're not allowed to bash the show, well that makes sense I guess. But...neatoman you've bashed the show not just once either? How many times this year? How many times last year? Just thinking how many threads you haven't bashed the FW series. Now let's see... Nope...really can't think of many.

Cylons says, fvck the rules. Fvck the police. Fvck the man.

Now, let's talk Star Trek.
Old 04-15-2019, 01:17 PM   #16
Overlord

Outdated

Quote:
Originally Posted by pferreira View Post
Rule 6: Since this site is based on the original TMNT cartoon (1987-1996), original cartoon bashing of any kind is not allowed
That rule has been outdated for many years.
Old 04-15-2019, 01:34 PM   #17
neatoman
Emperor

The rules were written 20 years ago when the FW cartoon and it's tie-ins made up like 80-90% of all TMNT material, so it that one rule made some sense back then as pretty much all TMNT fans at the time still mainly cared about it. Now it's 20 years later and the show got canned 23 years ago. Since there's been 3 new cartoons, 3 movies, the 3rd longest TMNT comic came/went and we're currently on the longest running TMNT book ever (by 20 issues no less). There's quite a lot more more stuff to talk (and more interesting aspects to be quite frank) than the Fred Wolf cartoon. If you actually pay attention, you'll notice that the general forum is hardly ever used to discuss the Fred Wolf cartoon anymore. It's mostly used to compare different versions and bring up TMNT in general, the discussion regarding the Fred Wolf cartoon is virtually dead.

And even if anyone still cared about that particular rule, I doubt making fun of the lack of a blu-ray release or pointing out that it wouldn't look much better in HD qualifies as "bashing", not when the show has a complete DVD release and latter being a fact.
Hahahaha!
Old 04-15-2019, 01:34 PM   #18
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
That rule has been outdated for many years.
They're ALL outdated.
Old 04-15-2019, 02:05 PM   #19
Overlord

All outdated

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
They're ALL outdated.
Definately, yes.
Old 04-15-2019, 02:12 PM   #20
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

I think criticism of the FW cartoon is fair and should be allowed here, even if it is repeatedly hammering the point that the show is a "crappy toy commercial".

I see rule no.6 as more of a friendly nod to the Original Toon rather than a command to smite those who dare blaspheme against it.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote