The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Video Game Discussion

Notices

Old 01-02-2018, 08:10 PM   #1
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

What would you want to see in an TMNT game

Whelp with Mutants and Manhattan being a disappointment and the closest thing we have to a good TMNT game is the turtles being guest characters in Injustice 2, I want to know what the forums want in their dream TMNT game. What do you want the combat to be like, level design, stealth aspects, aesthetics. What genre do you want it action stealth, fighting, Turn based RPG, Spectacle fighter/Brawler, side scrolling beat em up, etc.
Old 01-02-2018, 11:56 PM   #2
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

At the risk of being a Powder (but he's right)... I know this has been discussed a million times over in great depth in epic threads. Over and over again.

Mostly it goes, the "It should be a sandbox, next-gen Arkham City-style thing!" people say their piece, and the others go, "NO! That's stupid! It should be a 2D side-scroller button-masher like in the 90s because everyone in 2018 still wants to play that stuff!" and then others point out why the former is unrealistic because of budget and how the franchise is unproven in such and others point out why the latter is stupid and backwards and it all sort of dies because no one can agree on anything.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 07:16 AM   #3
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
At the risk of being a Powder (but he's right)... I know this has been discussed a million times over in great depth in epic threads. Over and over again.

Mostly it goes, the "It should be a sandbox, next-gen Arkham City-style thing!" people say their piece, and the others go, "NO! That's stupid! It should be a 2D side-scroller button-masher like in the 90s because everyone in 2018 still wants to play that stuff!" and then others point out why the former is unrealistic because of budget and how the franchise is unproven in such and others point out why the latter is stupid and backwards and it all sort of dies because no one can agree on anything.
Why not do a new TMNT Tournament Fighters, I woud love to see a TMNT Fighting game, a game in which the fighting game community competes in these tournaments.
Old 01-03-2018, 08:18 AM   #4
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
Why not do a new TMNT Tournament Fighters, I woud love to see a TMNT Fighting game, a game in which the fighting game community competes in these tournaments.
The fans are taking care of that:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=58977

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 09:20 AM   #5
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
But I wanna see a new fighting game, a TMNT Tournament Fighters with Street Fighter 5 or Marvel vs Capcom Infinity graphics.
Old 01-03-2018, 09:30 AM   #6
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Street Fighter 5 or Marvel vs Capcom Infinity graphics.
So you want it to look bad(or at least in Street Fighter's 5 case a few unintentionally weird looking characters)

Last edited by PApagreg; 01-03-2018 at 09:37 AM.
PApagreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 07:08 PM   #7
slingtheory
Stone Warrior

All I want is for some developer to really think about what would make for a good tmnt game and then for a publisher to give them the time and the resources to see thier vision all the way through. People always point to the Arkham games but the only reason those turned out as good as they did was because rocksteady brainstormed on what makes batman a great character and what parts of that would players want to be in control of and built the gameplay around that. But that was possible because they had alot of batman fans working at rocksteady. Too bad we can't find a studio full of eager tmnt fans.
slingtheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 03:36 AM   #8
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Action-adventure, like the first NES game.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 04:11 AM   #9
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

The problem the recent games hav suffered is that they wasn't given priority.

OotS could have been the Arkham game people are pining for if Redfly didn't have a trash record of games, it looked great, amazing animations but the controls and bugs was nothing to write home about.

DotO was Wayforward which is a game company people have been glamouring for making a Turtles game, and it was bland and kinda boring in the long run.

MiM was also lackluster despite being a IDW based game by PlatinumGames.

These three games could have been so much better, either Activision is restricting the developers or they are just having their C team of interns to make them.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 07:41 AM   #10
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post

OotS could have been the Arkham game people are pining for if Redfly didn't have a trash record of games, it looked great, amazing animations but the controls and bugs was nothing to write home about.

DotO was Wayforward which is a game company people have been glamouring for making a Turtles game, and it was bland and kinda boring in the long run.

These three games could have been so much better, either Activision is restricting the developers or they are just having their C team of interns to make them.
Its the latter, because Platinum Games have a different division worked on MIM, the developers that worked on it made the Legend of Korra game, that game was poorly receive, maybe it would've turned out better, if they had the people that worked on Bayonetta and Transformers: Devastation.
Old 01-07-2018, 07:53 AM   #11
The Deadman
Foot Elite

I wouldnt mind seeing a Turtles racing game ala Mario Kart.

Last Movie Watched: Leprechaun 4: In Space (1996).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E5).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 02:04 PM   #12
slingtheory
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post

I had the theory that Activision might've been pressuring the developers to rush all those games out for some reason. Like maybe they were using the turtles as a franchise they knew would sell enough for them to pull a profit they could throw into the next call of duty or something. Maybe im wrong but thats the explanation that makes the most sense to me because on paper it seemed like they had solid developers with solid ideas.
Old 01-07-2018, 03:33 PM   #13
DevilSpooky
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Its the latter, because Platinum Games have a different division worked on MIM, the developers that worked on it made the Legend of Korra game, that game was poorly receive, maybe it would've turned out better, if they had the people that worked on Bayonetta and Transformers: Devastation.
Actually you're wrong, it's the former, and it's also what it cause Platinum to go with their C team, Activision was pulling the strings, they decided how much time and money would be put into the project, not Platinum's fault they chose to provide them the minimum for both. You have 2 of the best game devs in the industry making mediocre TMNT games, the one thing they have in comon is Activision, who just happens to be known from producing quick cash grabs that are nothing more then awfull to mediocre games created with ridiculous budgets and insanly short development cicles.
Old 01-07-2018, 04:13 PM   #14
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deadman View Post
I wouldnt mind seeing a Turtles racing game ala Mario Kart.
They should call this TMNT Kart game... Turtle Power Racing
Old 01-07-2018, 04:27 PM   #15
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
If so, without Hadoken and similair moves. Let them throw shuriken instead.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 02:38 PM   #16
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

A game about me when the turtles didnt exist! A game that will be based in the 2003 series and take place when when i and Hamatoyoshi was in Japan and i will be fighting the utroms and their human guardians. And another game based on the 2012 series that takes place after i killed Tang Shen. Game must also take place in Japan where i with my foot ninjas will be fighting mafia and other criminal organizations. The games must be called Adventures of the Shredder or Rise Of The Shredder.
Old 01-08-2018, 07:53 PM   #17
sdp
-

Both Mutant Melee and Smash Up are TMNT games that I'd want to see done right, both of those games have flaws so I want one where they're not just shovelware.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 02:15 PM   #18
pferreira
Foot Elite

One of the problems of making a TMNT game is that with so many different adaptations it is almost impossible to please everyone. Part of the reason for not committing to a TMNT game is that developers are worried they'll only get part interest.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 04:56 PM   #19
DevilSpooky
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by pferreira View Post
One of the problems of making a TMNT game is that with so many different adaptations it is almost impossible to please everyone. Part of the reason for not committing to a TMNT game is that developers are worried they'll only get part interest.
Another reason to go the Arkham route, pick and choose the best things from every incarnation and create something new.
Old 01-11-2018, 07:24 PM   #20
slingtheory
Stone Warrior

Either that or just make a proper idw based game since it more or less references everything.honestly though I don't think the issue is that they think the fan base is too divided but they still seem unsure if adult gamers are even interested in a tmnt game. Which is something I find weird because when the last few games were announced all I saw was hype on most game sites. People seemed genuinely excited until they actually got to play the games and found them poor. By now it should be obvious grown ups would be happy to buy your game if you put in more than the minimum effort