The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 02-03-2017, 06:11 PM   #1561
RaphaelsIsolation
Hench Mutant

Bobby I really appreciate your time and answering questions. It makes being a fan even easier than it already is.

My question is... when will Vol. 5 be released? I would think August this year sometime, but who knows? Any idea? I love the format of these books and I plan on picking them all up very soon.

I would love to get them every 3 months until we're caught up, then just 1 per year I think? I don't know. I know you guys want to stay back enough.
RaphaelsIsolation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 11:07 AM   #1562
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Looks like it is on the schedule for this August, though always a chance that could change.
Bobby Curnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 09:20 PM   #1563
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Have you all considered writing yourselves, the comic creators into stories as background characters? I know sometimes artist sneak in family or friends into panels. Both DC and Marvel have done it especially in the 1970s and a common place to do so was the old Rutland, Vermont Halloween parade. http://comicsalliance.com/rutland-ha...-dc-crossover/

Who knows if we will ever see Tom pitching an idea to you in a passing by convertible with Mateus and Ronda in the back making a rebuttal. Just a thought and you cant deny its a cool Easter egg if it ever were to be anything like that.
Old 02-07-2017, 11:00 PM   #1564
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Ha, Tom named Burnow Island after me without me noticing, so who knows! I'm clearly not paying attention.
Old 02-08-2017, 09:25 AM   #1565
RaphaelsIsolation
Hench Mutant

Bobby just wanted to say thanks for responding to this thread so much. We all really appreciate you guys. ANd you as a editor.
RaphaelsIsolation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 09:39 AM   #1566
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Thanks! And thank everyone for being great fans and readers. We really do truly appreciate it.
Old 02-08-2017, 12:45 PM   #1567
AquaParade
Banned

Yeah, this is a fun series with a great team. Glad you guys hang around here from time to time.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 08:30 AM   #1568
ToTheNines
[sic]

Hey Bobby, I had a couple of suggestions if it wasn't too late before Volume 5 of the hardcovers goes into production.

First is the placement of Prelude to Vengeance. I know you guys put it before #46 in the TPB, but I think it works much better going after. Obviously it leads directly into Hun storming the Second Time Around shop in #46, but that's only the last 2 pages. Everything else in that issue takes place prior to the events of the Prelude. Seems counterintuitive to weigh just 2 pages (which were a subplot starring supporting characters) more than the other 20 pages starring the titular characters. Plus the Prelude even ends with an ad for #47.

Secondly, and I'm not sure what the plan is for this anyways, but I would argue that the Mutanimals mini is best read after #45. I know that it technically splits off from #43, but their drive home from Foot HQ would have, in theory, taken just as long as the time it took Splinter to fight Karai briefly and dash over to Harold's in #44. That makes Mutanimals #1 essentially take place concurrently with #45. But seeing as how #45 picks up mere seconds after Attack on Technodrome (and is such a great one-two punch with #44), I think it makes sense to put all of Mutanimals before #46, since there's been a little time jump when that kicks off, as opposed to the nonstop narrative of #43-#45.

Any thoughts? Anything I've missed?

Last edited by ToTheNines; 02-09-2017 at 01:44 PM.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 07:39 PM   #1569
turtlefan27
Foot Soldier

Hey bobby, I was wondering will we be getting an annual any time soon?
turtlefan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 05:18 PM   #1570
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Hey Bobby, I had a couple of suggestions if it wasn't too late before Volume 5 of the hardcovers goes into production.

First is the placement of Prelude to Vengeance. I know you guys put it before #46 in the TPB, but I think it works much better going after. Obviously it leads directly into Hun storming the Second Time Around shop in #46, but that's only the last 2 pages. Everything else in that issue takes place prior to the events of the Prelude. Seems counterintuitive to weigh just 2 pages (which were a subplot starring supporting characters) more than the other 20 pages starring the titular characters. Plus the Prelude even ends with an ad for #47.

Secondly, and I'm not sure what the plan is for this anyways, but I would argue that the Mutanimals mini is best read after #45. I know that it technically splits off from #43, but their drive home from Foot HQ would have, in theory, taken just as long as the time it took Splinter to fight Karai briefly and dash over to Harold's in #44. That makes Mutanimals #1 essentially take place concurrently with #45. But seeing as how #45 picks up mere seconds after Attack on Technodrome (and is such a great one-two punch with #44), I think it makes sense to put all of Mutanimals before #46, since there's been a little time jump when that kicks off, as opposed to the nonstop narrative of #43-#45.

Any thoughts? Anything I've missed?
Honestly, it's something i'd have to dig into, re-read and ponder to have any opinion on as I don't remember anymore, and that's stuff I just don't have time or inclination to get int at the moment. But sounds fine to me as you put it!
Old 02-12-2017, 05:19 PM   #1571
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtlefan27 View Post
Hey bobby, I was wondering will we be getting an annual any time soon?
No plans, no.
Old 02-13-2017, 04:59 AM   #1572
neatoman
Emperor

So Slash likes Steinbeck, huh? How does he feel about Mice and Men? You know, the one where the nice big strong guy has to be killed because the world around sees him as a dangerous monster?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 07:23 AM   #1573
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Have you guys seen the new TMNT episode with Alopex? I wonder what you think of there portrayal of the character? its very different from the comics, But still a bad ass.
Old 02-13-2017, 09:05 AM   #1574
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
So Slash likes Steinbeck, huh? How does he feel about Mice and Men? You know, the one where the nice big strong guy has to be killed because the world around sees him as a dangerous monster?
One I thought would fit in Animal Farm. It would be interesting seeing Slash note the symbolism and people the animals represented and comparing it characters in the comic series. Granted Grapes of Wrath is another of my favorite novels.
Old 02-13-2017, 09:09 AM   #1575
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Curnow View Post
Ha, Tom named Burnow Island after me without me noticing, so who knows! I'm clearly not paying attention.
Hmmm...maybe something like I describe can be snuck into the Alopex/Nobody two parter with Campbell making a smart remark about an idea Tom proposes and Brahm making a face? What does Sophie say?
Old 02-13-2017, 09:19 AM   #1576
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
If I recall correctly, Tom did consider that book too!
Old 02-13-2017, 09:19 AM   #1577
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
Have you guys seen the new TMNT episode with Alopex? I wonder what you think of there portrayal of the character? its very different from the comics, But still a bad ass.
I have not, yet.
Old 02-13-2017, 12:18 PM   #1578
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
If I recall correctly, Tom did consider that book too!
No "Flowers for Algernon" in the running? I think Slash would very much identify with that one.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 02:10 PM   #1579
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Honestly, it's something i'd have to dig into, re-read and ponder to have any opinion on as I don't remember anymore, and that's stuff I just don't have time or inclination to get int at the moment. But sounds fine to me as you put it!
I feel you. Continuity minutia regarding 2 year old stories has to take a back seat when you're editing 3-4 TMNT books, plus other IDW business lol.

So does the reprint department just figure their own issue order for the Ultimate hardcovers, or you guys provide the list in advance?
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 02:39 PM   #1580
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

We usually discuss things well in advance.

Tags
bobby curnow, idw, idw's tmnt, questions, tom waltz