The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 12-21-2016, 08:55 PM   #341
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Can't wait to see him on Rebels!

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 08:25 AM   #342
ToTheNines
[sic]

So I've watched the first 4 episodes and I really like it. All the characters are cool and the voice acting is top notch. Looks beautiful too, I should have snagged the blu ray.

I'm definitely gonna read The Last Padawan. When's the best time to read that? After season 1?
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 08:30 AM   #343
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
So I've watched the first 4 episodes and I really like it. All the characters are cool and the voice acting is top notch. Looks beautiful too, I should have snagged the blu ray.

I'm definitely gonna read The Last Padawan. When's the best time to read that? After season 1?
I'd say it would be safe to read it during Season 1, imo.

Old 12-22-2016, 09:08 AM   #344
Zak The Neutrino
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleTitan97 View Post
I'd say it would be safe to read it during Season 1, imo.
I agree you are fine to read it now. That book is my favorite title that Marvel has done since they took on Star Wars. I almost wished it could have lasted longer but there was no more story to tell.
Old 12-23-2016, 11:50 AM   #345
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I started watching Rebels, so maybe my post helps the person curious in checking it out. I've only seen the 4 "mini" episodes, the "movie" pilot and the first episode or I guess technically the four episodes? I'm not sure how this show counts its episodes. So far I'm liking it.

It's very cartoony, much more than Clone Wars who mostly only had the droids as comedy relief and it worked very well, here not so much. I feel villain decay happened in the very first episode with storm troopers being taken less seriously than droids in the clone wars, the show tries harder than Clone Wars to have less "fatalities" and that they were only thrown unconscious or whatever, there's still some " no way he survived" moments but for the most part its toned down, especially from Clone Wars which could be rather explicit at points. I wasn't sure how i liked Jedi running around pre-ANH but this totally feels like the previous Expanded Universe where you don't actually take it too seriously in the context of the movies but ou can enjoy this tale so I actually like it more than the Clone Wars in premise form. Now if I'm supposed to take this as "Totally same canon as the movies" I have more problems with the show, the previous Expanded Universe handled it better, it's "canon" but "not really" approach made you overlook the EU stories when watching the movies but if you're supposed to take them as serious then it's a bit silly.

About The Clone Wars since we're talking about them then if you've only seen the pilot then you've got to give the show a chance. It's not bad at all, I really like the early episodes because they are an anthology of Clone War events happening, later on the show takes a very serialized approach and while it tells some cool stories there they almost don't seem that relevant to the actual Clone Wars even if the show is more "serious" later on. Never did like all the focus on Anakin and Asohka.

Not sure if I like the Mandalorian "punk" girl, it's trying too hard to be cool and mandalorian just doesn't mix with Punk very well, I remember this being an early criticism before the show came out so maybe she redeems herself because I dont' rememnber seeing many complaints later on about this.

Edit:

I just finished Season 1 and I liked it and I'm excited for S2.

Last edited by sdp; 12-25-2016 at 08:53 PM.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 04:45 PM   #346
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zak The Neutrino View Post
I agree you are fine to read it now. That book is my favorite title that Marvel has done since they took on Star Wars. I almost wished it could have lasted longer but there was no more story to tell.
Just finished Last Padawan. And you're, right. It's superb.

I also finished season one and I really liked it. I'm hoping I like season 2 and it doesn't become Clone Wars season 7. I generally just pretend Ahsoka doesn't exist, but I guess I have to accept her into my headcanon now lol.

Anyone have any good guesses how this show will end? I mean... Kanan, Ezra and Ahsoka will all either have to be dead or estranged from The Rebellion by the time Rogue One/New Hope happens, right? And that's only 2 years away, in-universe.
Old 01-03-2017, 07:14 PM   #347
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I finished season 2 and I've got mixed feelings, I preferred the "adventure" stories S1 had instead of them mostly being part of the Rebel alliance, Vader not being in the season made sense so he wouldn't be affected by villain decay but why tease us if he'd only show up in the first and final episodes? the two inquisitors idea could've been handled better with maybe them defeating some of them or giving them some backstory I don't know. Seeing Maul again was weird, I love him but man this reeks of EU. The ending of the last episode was amazing and even better than the previous. Some of the story arcs were indeed pretty cool don't get me wrong but some of the magic of the first season was gone even if better written. This kind of mirrors what I think of Clone Wars first seasons vs the later ones which speaking of Clone Wars while I liked it they did go over the top with the fanservice/references.

I'll wait till next year to watch the third season.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 09:56 PM   #348
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
I finished season 2 and I've got mixed feelings, I preferred the "adventure" stories S1 had instead of them mostly being part of the Rebel alliance, Vader not being in the season made sense so he wouldn't be affected by villain decay but why tease us if he'd only show up in the first and final episodes? the two inquisitors idea could've been handled better with maybe them defeating some of them or giving them some backstory I don't know. Seeing Maul again was weird, I love him but man this reeks of EU. The ending of the last episode was amazing and even better than the previous. Some of the story arcs were indeed pretty cool don't get me wrong but some of the magic of the first season was gone even if better written. This kind of mirrors what I think of Clone Wars first seasons vs the later ones which speaking of Clone Wars while I liked it they did go over the top with the fanservice/references.

I'll wait till next year to watch the third season.
If you didn't like the later TCW episodes then post S1 Rebels probably won't sit well with you. Especially not something that's happening in S3.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 10:31 AM   #349
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 11:40 AM   #350
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Awesome!

Old 01-04-2017, 11:55 AM   #351
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

I've been against them bringing Kenobi into this series especially if he has any interaction with Kanan or Ezra but I found myself not caring at all after hearing and seeing Old Ben again. Man he looks great.
Old 01-04-2017, 12:00 PM   #352
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

wow what an epic trailer. Star Wars Rebels is amazing
Old 01-04-2017, 06:30 PM   #353
Splinter the boss
Stone Warrior

This will be epic. I can't wait.

"I am absolute, lower your head!"
Splinter the boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 06:02 PM   #354
ToTheNines
[sic]

Just finished season 2. It was ok, overall.

The finale was epic. So many feels! I don't even ****ing like TCW, and that Vader/Ahsoka moment was killer. I never liked the concept of Anakin having a Padawan, but she's a really cool character and now I don't want to see her killed off, even if it makes sense for her and Kanan to be dead before ANH. Probably Ezra, too.

Need to find a legit way to get current on season 3...
Old 01-10-2017, 08:13 PM   #355
snake
Disgusting

Quote:

The finale was epic. So many feels! I don't even ****ing like TCW, and that Vader/Ahsoka moment was killer. I never liked the concept of Anakin having a Padawan, but she's a really cool character and now I don't want to see her killed off, even if it makes sense for her and Kanan to be dead before ANH. Probably Ezra, too.

Season 3 is like Season 2 where there are a slew of terrible episodes mixed in with greatness. The second half of the season is looking better, however.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 05:21 PM   #356
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Quote:

I was the same way when I started Clone Wars. Not only did I hate the idea of her character but I loathed Ahsoka based on how she was portrayed. Somewhere along the way she grew on me and now she's one of my favorite SW characters. Her final arc on Clone Wars and the S2 finale are so damn good.

Pretty sure S3 is available on iTunes and Amazon.
Old 01-11-2017, 05:28 PM   #357
CyberCubed
Overlord

Are these cartoons still canon now with Rogue One and other movies coming out?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 05:44 PM   #358
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

They've been canon since they premiered.

Old 01-11-2017, 07:45 PM   #359
CyberCubed
Overlord

What happens if the current comics, or possible new movies, wind up contradicting stuff in the cartoon?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 08:15 PM   #360
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Why do you think the cartoons are unimportant side projects? The story group wouldn't approve something in another medium that would contradict the cartoons. That's the whole gist of their job.