The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 06-18-2018, 11:27 PM   #501
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
LA makes way more sense with Silicon Valley in mind; it would be a more ideal location for TCRI and Stockgen.

I could see the Bad Guys working in isolation. Heck, Krang was operating out of a freaking tiny spit of an island far from civilization and only visited New York to drag Stockman to said island.

And, if we want to be pedantic with following ninja culture accurately...even the bad guys totally would be operating far from any major cities.
Yeah when you really think about it, that could work, but can't say I've given much thought to it. Also, the Turtles also face street gangs and mobsters, those tend to be more common in larger urban areas.

I've seen better.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 11:34 PM   #502
Utrommaniac
It only took 30 years

Location: All is strange and vague. Are we dead? Or is this Ohio?
Yeaaaah, that was a factor I completely forgot about. I usually don't think much about the street gang factor of TMNT, even when they're working for Shredder.

To my DeviantArt
Utrommaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 11:35 PM   #503
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
Yeaaaah, that was a factor I completely forgot about. I usually don't think much about the street gang factor of TMNT, even when they're working for Shredder.
Well they tend to be rather minor villains compared to Shredder, Krang(when he is present) or even aliens and other mutants. They're more like occasional nuisances or bad guys the Turtles need to fight at times just so they dont' fight the usual ones all the time.

I've seen better.
Old 06-19-2018, 12:46 PM   #504
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Agree it probably really comes down to cost and the time it adds to production time. You figure how much longer it's going to take to add additional animation to make the city look busy...all the time. If you were just doing low detail figures at a distance and could get away with half-assing it, it might not be too bad, but other than an aerial view from the rooftops, a city setting probably can't get away with it as well since it's almost always going to be fairly close quarters.

Fast Forward created a moderately busier future NYC, obviously to give the Turtles an opportunity to finally fit in among others, buuuut they'd also changed the art style at that point to simpler lines and less detail, probably freeing up the money to put more effort into background characters.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 10:25 PM   #505
Prowler
Emperor

How does The Rat King remain healthy living among rats 24/7? Wouldn't he have gotten a bunch of diseases after a few days? Also, how doesn't he have fleas?

I've seen better.
Old 06-21-2018, 01:38 AM   #506
Papenbrook
❍ Omigosh ❍

Why are they trying to make Rise!Donnie look handsome?

Don't get me wrong. He's cute (in a sort of nerdy/geeky way), but he ain't handsome (imo).
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:09 PM   #507
Ninjinister
無問題

Something I've realized whilst trying to do some cleanup on the Wiki is there are a lot of random, unmemorable one-shot human characters in the original cartoon, mostly scientists or mob members. Considering the fact that none of these blokes had any chance of getting action figures, I gotta wonder why they didn't reuse more. I know one or two were recurring, and New York is pretty giant, but man alive, they could have stood to at least saved/time/money/energy and reused a few more people.

Admin of Turtlepedia. If you have any questions or problems, let me know!

I make video games. Please buy them.
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:19 PM   #508
Utrommaniac
It only took 30 years

Yeah, that would have been a whole lot of effort in character designs only to use them once. But hey...someone's gotta do something while Shredder's getting his helmet polished.

To my DeviantArt
Old Yesterday, 02:27 PM   #509
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by utrommaniac View Post
but hey...someone's gotta do something while shredder's getting his helmet polished.
( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

Admin of Turtlepedia. If you have any questions or problems, let me know!

I make video games. Please buy them.
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:56 PM   #510
Utrommaniac
It only took 30 years

Of all the things that could have been a double entendre, man

Well played. Well played.

To my DeviantArt