The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 08-11-2017, 09:34 AM   #801
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***First of Two Latin Kings*** View Post
Many of the eyes aren't that bad. Some b*tch in Italy hassled me to take multiple pictures of Raphael for her. The last Raphael I had in stock was flawless, but she said the eyes were two squinty. She had bought three Raphael figures already trying to get a "perfect" one.
C'mon, you don't see the humour in the fact that you scalped up as much of a limited product as you could and are having trouble re-selling them due to mass manufacturer defects?

It's hilarious!
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 07:01 PM   #802
Coro
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Many of the eyes aren't that bad. Some b*tch in Italy hassled me to take multiple pictures of Raphael for her. The last Raphael I had in stock was flawless, but she said the eyes were two squinty. She had bought three Raphael figures already trying to get a "perfect" one.

The weird angle they were going for to create that look where the wind is blowing the turtles bandanas around in the opening to the show is what caused the derpiness. If the eyes were supposed to be dead center, they probably wouldn't have had this QC issue, but since the black k had to be stamped on where the white turns in, many of them turned out uneven. I was fortunate enough to only get two sets of derpy eyes turtles out of 10-12 sets.
You started out saying you got 4 of these and now you got 12? WTF man...This is why we cant have nice things.

Coro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 07:29 PM   #803
Btown
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
C'mon, you don't see the humour in the fact that you scalped up as much of a limited product as you could and are having trouble re-selling them due to mass manufacturer defects?

It's hilarious!
im sorry but this had me rolling
Old 08-11-2017, 09:21 PM   #804
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coro View Post
You started out saying you got 4 of these and now you got 12? WTF man...This is why we cant have nice things.
I bought all but four of those on eBay at marked up prices of $270 or more. I didn't scalp them.
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets

International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 10:24 PM   #805
mikeyatemypizza
Foot Soldier

And I suppose you don't disrespect people either.
mikeyatemypizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 06:39 AM   #806
Will not be censored

I didn't prevent any of you from buying them on eBay at after market prices. Both the sets I got from NECA were for other members here in Europe. How many of you used your quota of two to help other members and didn't even get one for yourself? People who live in glass houses really ought not to throw stones.
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:

Old 08-13-2017, 11:11 AM   #807
Coro
Mad Scientist

Quote:
I bought all but four of those on eBay at marked up prices of $270 or more. I didn't scalp them.
Ewwww-was wondering. Not sure 270 is that marked up if you consider shipping though. Shipping twice-once from NECA, then to you + eBay fees that's actually not gouging-just expensive as F

Coro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 03:32 PM   #808
Will not be censored

So I'll ask again-- how is it that I prevented any of you from buying them?

I provided a service to people who wanted just one or two figures or certain accessories.
Quote:

Old 08-13-2017, 04:58 PM   #809
go_ninja84
Mad Scientist

You boufht how many sets on ebay? All those sets wemt to one person instead of someone missing out on the NECA sale and last resort was ebay instead you bought them. Weather you resold them to international people or kept them for your self you still kept someone from getting one
go_ninja84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 07:02 PM   #810
LeoRaDoMic
Banned

Why are you all against him? Keep in mind he also makes it possible for people who don't have the opportunity, knowhow and time to preorder these and would have missed out, especially people in Europe like me. That's (international) trade and the way it is

Last edited by LeoRaDoMic; 08-14-2017 at 03:47 AM.
LeoRaDoMic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 10:17 PM   #811
Buffy
Mad Scientist

If it wasn't for him I wouldn't be able to get most of the TMNT stuff, they don't sell those much here in my country. Also, thanks to him I was also able to get a Neca set because Neca doesn't ship international. I'm a huge TMNT fan, and I love collecting these figures.

Forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza.
Buffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 06:47 AM   #812
atreyu2112
Foot Soldier

I have to agree. I don't see how buying multiple sets is a crime, especially when the guy is helping out fellow fans. And how did he keep sets out of others hands? The NECA presale was very strict. If you got more than 2 they automatically canceled the extra quantities... so, again, I don't get the anger.
atreyu2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 07:09 AM   #813
Will not be censored

That's the point. I got two, which h went to other members here. I didn't ask them to post here either. They saw this and posted on their own accord.

My brother in law bought two sets that I re-sold for him. I didn't make money on those sets.

All of the sets I bought on eBay were fair game. Many I won best offer. Nothing stopped any of you here from snapping them up. Some guy wanted three or four Krangs and four ooze canisters. I made that possible. This is a service I am providing. How am I a villain for that? This guy is probably doing a custom Technodrome with Krangezoid clones. Should he be shot with a firing squad for wanting to do this? Most of you b*thing right now are Americans. Stop whining anout someone enjoying his liberties (i.e. free enterprise) and enjoy them yourselves instead.

You people really make me want to leave sometimes. But all of you would be ecstatic if I did, so I stay.
Quote:

Old 08-14-2017, 10:04 AM   #814
AquaParade
Banned

Okay, sorry if I offended you. These things go so fast, so when someone grabs a lot at once, it's easy to get frustrated when you feel like you're missing out.

Fair and square though, I suppose.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 05:25 PM   #815
Will not be censored

I didn't buy them all at once. I bought yet another set to fill an order for yet another member here. As sales of individual figures justified it, I ordered more whole cases. I didn't stop anyone else from getting them for $270 shipped which is pretty much the price they sell for on eBay. You can get them all day long for that price. So I don't see how my buying up ten of them or however many it was stopped anyone else from doing so...

I haven't bought a case in well over a week, I bet if I went on right now there are a ton of them sitting on there for the price I was paying.
Quote:

Old 08-30-2017, 12:18 PM   #816
predaking000
Thug

Anyone having any luck getting replacement parts from NECA? I contacted them back on August 1 about my Shredder (misassembled helmet, 2 right feet). They replied on August 2 saying that parts would be coming "in the next few weeks."

Nothing yet.
predaking000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 12:47 PM   #817
Panther10
Hench Mutant

He's definitely not a scalper. I was able to buy a total of six foot soldiers from him and saved $45 on the bundle in the process. If I had ordered multiple sets from other sellers I would have been screwed. Pretty sweet deal all things considered.
Panther10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 06:56 PM   #818
bretttheleofan
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by predaking000 View Post
Anyone having any luck getting replacement parts from NECA? I contacted them back on August 1 about my Shredder (misassembled helmet, 2 right feet). They replied on August 2 saying that parts would be coming "in the next few weeks."

Nothing yet.
My latest reply from them a couple days ago is that they are still waiting on the parts.
bretttheleofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 02:07 PM   #819
inaheap
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by predaking000 View Post

Nothing yet.
Contacted them today as I found an issue I had not seen before. They said they would add it to my log. I hope that means there is still hope. I really like these QC issues and all.

We do not stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing

When I became an adult I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.
inaheap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 02:54 AM   #820
Oculus Orbus
Mad Scientist

I finally got my set last week and haven't really noticed any QC issues at all, other than the loose joints on the Turtles legs that seem to be common to most people. Me being in Spain, it would have been a real pain to ask for replacements, so I'm very happy that I got so lucky.

The set is awesome, by the way. I hope NECA can continue to do great things with the franchise for a very long time.
Oculus Orbus is offline   Reply With Quote