The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Rise of the TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 01-08-2020, 06:05 AM   #21
Mysticwarrior7
Mouser

Yes, I totally agree. In every other version of TMNT Leo was the leader. It was a big blow to see that in "Rise" they made Raph the leader.
Mysticwarrior7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 01:30 PM   #22
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

New episodes are coming soon you need to wait. They dont need to show the same episodes each day or each weekend they are waiting for the next episodes and they will show them then.
Old 01-08-2020, 04:15 PM   #23
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
I personally couldn't get into the show because I just didn't care for the animation look.
This doesn't appeal to you??

I mean, really... god damn....

There are spots where the animation looks decent enough, I guess, but there is so much of it that is sooo lacking. Assuming you jumped ship way before that ep the gif is from... see, the sad thing here is that while that may be a gif and one might fairly think it is the result of fewer frames like many gifs, that part of that ep literally looks exactly like that. There are so few unique frames in that piece, consisting on many repeats, I had a hard time hitting the print screen button in the right timing in the video to even get them. It's just such a wonderfully, fabulously disgusting example of why the TMNT should maybe not be shoehorned into being like all the other current cartoon trends. I know there are those that like it, and to each their own... but it's just not a good look for our boys. (I imagine any other Leo and Raph would possibly be mortified to even see this...)

Last edited by IndigoErth; 01-08-2020 at 04:21 PM.
IndigoErth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 05:37 PM   #24
Warhorse
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post

https://i.imgur.com/pgAnJGB.gif

There are spots where the animation looks decent enough, I guess, but there is so much of it that is sooo lacking. Assuming you jumped ship way before that ep the gif is from... see, the sad thing here is that while that may be a gif and one might fairly think it is the result of fewer frames like many gifs, that part of that ep literally looks exactly like that. There are so few unique frames in that piece, consisting on many repeats, I had a hard time hitting the print screen button in the right timing in the video to even get them. It's just such a wonderfully, fabulously disgusting example of why the TMNT should maybe not be shoehorned into being like all the other current cartoon trends. I know there are those that like it, and to each their own... but it's just not a good look for our boys. (I imagine any other Leo and Raph would possibly be mortified to even see this...)
Hey, aesthetics can make all the difference in the world. I love the live action versions of the TMNT with the Jim Henson puppets, but then the third installment and the Next Mutation, as well as loving 2k3 but not like Fast Forward.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 09:47 AM   #25
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
I don't know if this makes sense or not, but Raphael's whole personality screams as a devil's advocate, but because of that impatient, angry side of him, he doesn't quite have what it takes to be a leader everyone can look up to. At the same time, Leo does have that perfect disposition and respect from his brothers to be the ideal leader, but because he is so in sync with his personal harmony, I can never see someone like him being a devil's advocate.
I see. How do you feel about FW Raphael since his personality was radically changed in that show? Some compare Rise Leo to that version of Raph (debatable).
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 10:02 AM   #26
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:

https://i.imgur.com/pgAnJGB.gif

I will never understand how that gif gives you so much trouble its just a goofy and funny gag that in context to the story actually make sense. As for repeating frames again its just a 5 second gif there isn't that much repeating going around compared to other cartoons from the 80s/90 also its not even the first show to have the turtles making funny faces the 2k12 turtles were guilty of this too. I don't know maybe its because I grew up with shows like Courage the Cowardly dog, Catdog and Looney Tunes I'm more use to it because for me this is just a light gag that I can't see anyone being troubled by.
Old 01-09-2020, 04:12 PM   #27
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Yeah, context. The Turtles have no more business being Catdog than Superman has being Spongebob, even if Spongebob is itself usually enjoyable.
Old 01-09-2020, 04:46 PM   #28
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Eh TMNT has been pretty much else so Catdog isn't far too off.
Old 01-09-2020, 05:48 PM   #29
Warhorse
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeotheLateBloomer View Post
I see. How do you feel about FW Raphael since his personality was radically changed in that show? Some compare Rise Leo to that version of Raph (debatable).
FW Raphael was the sarcastic azzhole of the bunch, and I loved him for it. And with that said, he still wouldn't exactly make the best leader. Even then, is he really all that different from later incarnations? Heck, even in the 80's toon when interrogating Baxter, it was still Raphael that got him to talk by threatening to use his sai on him.

And I never did watch Rise to get a feel of the characters.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 06:59 PM   #30
ABrown
Banned

ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 06:40 AM   #31
Vegeta
Hench Mutant

Glad to see this show is dead so quickly. Worst version of the turtles, right up there with those stupid Platinum Dunes movies and NM. This franchise feels completley lost other than IDW which is a shame with comic book properties being bigger than ever in film/shows.
Old 01-12-2020, 06:44 AM   #32
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
Glad to see this show is dead so quickly. Worst version of the turtles, right up there with those stupid Platinum Dunes movies and NM. This franchise feels completley lost other than IDW which is a shame with comic book properties being bigger than ever in film/shows.
Yeah, the real MVPs of the franchise the last couple of years have been the comic book crossovers with the Power Rangers and Batman (which translated well to direct-to-video) as well as the IDW title in general. It even got people excited for a female Turtle again. If you focus more on that it's been a worthwhile distraction, though you still wish success of it's kind would translate to television

Quote:
Originally Posted by PApagreg View Post
It also has a sizable following on Twitter(with the creator of Hazbin Hotel singing its praise https://twitter.com/VivziePop/status...62062858289154) in fact the ladder scene is what made me give this show another chance and I'm glad I did. Also fun fact its has the 8th highest place on the TMNT subreddit with a flair in animation.
Tumblr, Twitter and reddit are not places I'd brag about.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 09:19 AM   #33
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

it is not canceled it just takes a very long break. Another show who is also doing that is Scooby doo and guess who https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scooby...d_Guess_Who%3F See how long it takes until the next episode airs? While Bat woman https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batwom...ries)#Episodes has only one month break.
Old 01-13-2020, 03:45 PM   #34
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder orokusaki View Post
it is not canceled it just takes a very long break. Another show who is also doing that is Scooby doo and guess who https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scooby...d_Guess_Who%3F See how long it takes until the next episode airs? While Bat woman https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batwom...ries)#Episodes has only one month break.
The 2012–2017 Nickelodeon TMNT cartoon would usually air episodes weekly for one month, then go on vacation for one month. No new episodes aired during December (except season 1 airing into mid December 2012)

One of the longest breaks lasted from November 2016 until February 2017 (with some episodes airing in South Korea, where Christmas is no big thing, in December 2016)

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/showat...tles/listings/
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 01:37 PM   #35
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
The 2012–2017 Nickelodeon TMNT cartoon would usually air episodes weekly for one month, then go on vacation for one month. No new episodes aired during December (except season 1 airing into mid December 2012)

One of the longest breaks lasted from November 2016 until February 2017 (with some episodes airing in South Korea, where Christmas is no big thing, in December 2016)

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/showat...tles/listings/
We know all of this see? This happend many times with many tv shows.
Old 01-14-2020, 02:28 PM   #36
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder orokusaki View Post
On the Dutch Nicktoons however, that's not the way they do things. They usually do reruns of the first season until the new episodes have been overdubbed and released.

This time, NO reruns, no promo spots, not even a single mention of the show having aired at all.
Old 01-14-2020, 03:58 PM   #37
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Tumblr, Twitter and reddit are not places I'd brag about.
While I would agree, these days forums everywhere are dying and most people moved to all those places or youtube. It's where the fandom for almost anything is now.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 04:37 PM   #38
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Although the median age bracket of Tumblr is what? I'm not sure that it really reflects the entire fanbase and more commonly a particular younger section of it? So it may not really explain where most of the old ones went if forums are no the thing anymore.

Twitter... maybe some older ones rely on it, but I'm guessing the format is better support for casuals. And with things like that the norm now, many just don't seem to have the patience or attention span for actual conversation anymore, which is a shame.

Reddit... from what I've seen lurking it sometimes, it surprises me how often users seem clueless about things we here had already long known about, so Reddit likewise in part seems a little more casual centered than here, though unlike other sources it seems like a mix of maybe semi-casuals and more serious fans...or growing fans.

I dunno, my guess is that a lot of the older main fanbase is just made up of busy adults these days that may just lurk a lot more than they interact. (Plus this place can be hard to get into, so...)

Note, I'm not discounting the younger section as less valuable as fans, just that I know that half of them (particularly in the Tumblr subset) are bound to wander off eventually.

I doubt forums will cease to exist for a long time though. There's always going to be those like us who actually want to discuss things, and short attention span platforms like Twitter are never going to be adequate.

Anyway... back to the real topic, if Nicktoons Holland really did pull the plug, then would they not even show the rest of the second season?
Old 01-14-2020, 07:09 PM   #39
sdp
Megan Fox = April

By median age of tumblr do you mean biologically or mentally?
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 05:41 AM   #40
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Anyway... back to the real topic, if Nicktoons Holland really did pull the plug, then would they not even show the rest of the second season?
The last airing of ROTTMNT on Nicktoons Holland was in the final weekend of 2019. I guess their thinking was "This hasn't worked, we'll air it one last time and when the new year starts drop it."

What's interesting though is that the 2012 series is not only in re-runs on Nicktoons Holland but also is aired three times a day, which was more often than Rise was ever shown.

Ratings are everything here.