The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Old 06-14-2017, 07:09 PM   #61
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

I was amused when I found out there's a character in ARMS name Ninjara, a TMNT character from the Archie Comics was also name Ninjara, heheh.
Old 06-16-2017, 01:13 AM   #62
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
I can't there's no example because I can't find any example where a "core" game being used by either Nintendo or GameFreak/TPC.
I'm actually wondering if you tried, at this point. It took me probably 20 seconds or less to find the first example:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2011/02/...-master-speaks
Quote:
IGN: Why have you never made a Pokemon game for Nintendo's home consoles? Would you consider doing a Game Freak main-series Pokemon game on the Wii?

Junichi Masuda: I don't think so. I think the Pokemon core series is always going to be with handheld hardware, in the future as well
https://web.archive.org/web/20131008...ew-2013-10-04/
Quote:
There have been a lot of Pokémon games that have shown the Pokémon in 3D, but they represent a different visual style. With regard to how they appear in the core games, we pay attention to the 2D thickness of the character outlines and the shading, for example, to make it appear more like Mr. Sugimori’s art. We think this attracts all kinds of players.
https://iwataasks.nintendo.com/inter.../pokemonxy/0/1
Quote:
Iwata: But until now, the core series titles have been colors, like Pokémon Red Version and Pokémon Blue Version, or gems like Pokémon Ruby Version and Pokémon Sapphire Version
Old 06-16-2017, 12:05 PM   #63
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Daaaaaamn, son.
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 02:16 PM   #64
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Well there's that.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 02:33 PM   #65
CyberCubed
Overlord

I'm willing to bet the Pokemon game for Switch just looks slightly better than the 3DS games in HD, but that's about it. It's pretty laughable some people think we'll get a Gamefreak pokemon game that looks like Breath of the Wild with gorgeous graphics and a huge open world.

Yeeah...no. It'll be exactly the same as the handheld games with small areas and regions and look slightly better than a 3DS game.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 04:19 PM   #66
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I'm willing to bet the Pokemon game for Switch just looks slightly better than the 3DS games in HD, but that's about it. It's pretty laughable some people think we'll get a Gamefreak pokemon game that looks like Breath of the Wild with gorgeous graphics and a huge open world.

Yeeah...no. It'll be exactly the same as the handheld games with small areas and regions and look slightly better than a 3DS game.
Who cares? It'll still be dope.
Old 06-17-2017, 08:16 AM   #67
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Well we don't know what we're getting if all the speculation that Sun and Moon was made to be scaled up and all the rumors of the Stars/Eclipse version are true then yeah it'll just be a console version of S/M but if it's indeed a brand new generation we don't know what to expect.

I highly doubt we'll get a huge open world but who knows, I also remember being shocked when XY was 3D, after the DS games I really thought they would always stick with the 2D look one way or another. I do think if it's a Gen 8 game then they will surprise us but it's best to keep expectations low, still we won't be hearing news about the game for a long while, we still don't know anything about USUM and those come out in less than 6 months.
Old 06-17-2017, 12:16 PM   #68
CyberCubed
Overlord

Sony really were a godsend to the industry. It amazes me how many of their exclusives and franchises turn out consistently good and how many new IP's they continually push forward. I used to be a Nintendo-only gamer till around 2007 or so when I got a PS3 and then went backwards picking up all the PS2 games I missed, and I'd never been happier.

Plus the majority of third party games always come out on PS4 too, so you get virtually everything besides a small handful of Microsoft exclusives.
Old 06-17-2017, 01:32 PM   #69
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I was Nintendo only until PS2, I had always envied all the games the PS1 had and when I was 13 I considered myself a "hardcore" gamer so of course I needed to have a Playstation, but not X-Box because it SUX. And I got to enjoy all of the PS1 and PS2 catalog until I fell off of gaming.

I almost bought a PS3 and maybe I should've but oh well, missed opportunity I'm not really interested in it now. And since my PC can run pretty much anything and most AAA games come out on Steam, all I really need is a Nintendo console. I can live without Sony exclusives, the only two that I really love and miss are the Twisted Metal and ICO/SOTC series but I can't justify a console for only those.

Maybe it's because I was a kid but regardless of how good the PS2 era was with quality games, I think the PS1 era had the best selection. Since it was cheap anyone could make games for it and there's tons of stuff if you can put up with loading and graphics.
Old 06-17-2017, 05:04 PM   #70
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Devolver loses $100K on banned E3 festival

Last Movie Watched: The Bridge Curse (2020).
Last TV Show Watched: Resident Evil (S1:E2).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 05:39 PM   #71
CyberCubed
Overlord

The only real problem is almost every game shown was a 2018 game. There's really not that much coming this Fall in terms of big games.

The only big stuff I can think of outside of Nintendo games like Mario, is basically Star Wars Battlefront II, Assassin's Creed, The Evil Within, Wolfenstein, and Destiny 2. And if you don't care or are bored of online shooters, or Assassin's Creed formula, there's not much else.
Old 06-17-2017, 05:41 PM   #72
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

I have everything because I need to play errthang.
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 06:36 PM   #73
CyberCubed
Overlord

In terms of Nintendo there's a lot of 3DS games coming up, I thought I was done with 3DS but guess not. Hey, Pikmin actually looks like a good 2D platformer, and Metroid II remake will be great.

I also might get the Mario and Luigi remake too, but I actually like the GBA sprites better than the 3DS engine they used for Dream Team and Paper Jam.
Old 06-17-2017, 07:23 PM   #74
Powder
So tired of this place

3DS has such a nice library & overall vibe, so I'm glad they're continuing to support it. Really love that little thing.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 07:39 PM   #75
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deadman View Post
Holy $#!+ the cajones on those guys. Their response makes it seem like they think everybody's out to get them, but it really seems like they just didn't do their homework.

Are they even a known name? Like the name's not familiar so I googled them and they like... published some indie titles I've heard of (but nothing i've ever played) but it still seems like they have a much bigger ego than they're worth.
Old 06-17-2017, 08:12 PM   #76
Powder
So tired of this place

I agree, though I'm only going by that article there.

I'd recommend the hell out of their game Broforce, though.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 08:14 PM   #77
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
I agree, though I'm only going by that article there.

I'd recommend the hell out of their game Broforce, though.
I did a little digging and found out which Mike Wilson it is that runs it. Told me everything I needed to know lol. I remember him being a bit of a nut.
Old 06-17-2017, 10:56 PM   #78
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
I was Nintendo only until PS2, I had always envied all the games the PS1 had and when I was 13 I considered myself a "hardcore" gamer so of course I needed to have a Playstation, but not X-Box because it SUX. And I got to enjoy all of the PS1 and PS2 catalog until I fell off of gaming.
The first xbox did not have the best game library, but the xbox brought online gaming to most household and really stepped up the quality in online gaming. PS2, SegaDreamcast, N64, and PC gaming all had online gaming to some degree, but the Xbox is what really made online gaming and it did have Halo 1 and 2 of course
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 04:27 PM   #79
CyberCubed
Overlord

There's also a lot great DLC to look forward to, especially now that some companies are releasing DLC as a full game. Uncharted with Chloe/Nadine, Zelda Breath of the Wild DLC, the new Dishonored 2 DLC they announced, and the Horizon: Zero Dawn DLC. Plus there's still new Resident Evil 7 DLC coming, the "Not a Hero" free DLC never came out.

Sometimes I forget about DLC or it isn't worth it, but lately it seems like companies are stepping up their game making it worth the money.

Tags
electronic arts, microsoft, nintendo, sony, ubisoft