The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 03-01-2015, 08:48 PM   #1
pennydreadful
trash

People popping bubble wrap. It's unspeakably irritating and I cannot for the life of me understand why people do it every time there's bubble wrap around.

If you put bubble wrap within arm's reach of somebody, without fail, they instantly need to start popping it. Why??? What is up with this?

It's so annoying that it makes me want to do a little jig of rage just thinking about it. The sound of someone popping bubble wrap annoys me to the extent that I want to peel the flesh off my own face and start slapping the popper with it.

Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
pennydreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 09:06 PM   #2
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Left over half of my pizza from last night in the fridge at work. Came in to start my shift and figured I'd have some. I noticed a co-worker's bag was caught in the box, like it had been opened and closed without any care for the bag getting stuck. I thought, "I didn't leave it that way." Take the box out and low and behold about 3 slices were gone. I take out two slices, boiling that someone would scarf my 'za. I go into the room with my desk, casting scornful glances at all of my coworkers and sit down. One of my co-workers spies me with the pizza and repeats, "Pizza! Pizza!" about 3 times. I thought, Yeah....I heard you the first time. My supervisor calls in to tell me he's running behind because he overslept. When I reply with simple Yeps and Oks he asks if I'm ok, because I sound frustrated. I tell him I'm miffed because someone jacked my pizza. He then tells me stories about the "Pizza! Pizza!" coworker's penchant for taking anything that isn't nailed down in the fridge, once even eating someones brought from home, individually wrapped up sandwich made with veggies from their own home garden. My supervisor gets in and notices one of his Dr. Peppers is missing...I guess you gotta have a DP with your pizza....am I right?

Thankfully my supervisor came into some cash he wasn't expecting and treated all of the people on my shift to dinner. Silver linings, and all that.

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 09:52 PM   #3
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

I admit, there is presently a small little torn piece of bubble wrap on the floor of this room that I have so far been too lazy to pick up. Every now and then I unintentionally step on it and pop one.

As to stealing co-worker's food, was reminded of this...
Spoiler:
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 02:01 AM   #4
pennydreadful
trash

I'm with Indigo - it's time to lay a laxative-ridden trap for the office thief.

Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
Old 03-02-2015, 05:26 AM   #5
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

My wisdom tooth!

One of them has cut past the gums, and it'll make it in alright since I had my tooth way in the back pulled [they were going to do a root canal but my wisdom was pressing up against it and it wasn't going to be able to fit, so why do that when I can just have my wisdom tooth replace the one that got pulled?] but in the meantime eating has become the most irritating experience. Every time I eat I end up running around the house screaming "I GOT SOMETHING STUCK IN MY TOOTH HOLE" and if I clamp my jaw down wrong when eating or talking, there goes wisdom tooth poking against the inside of my cheek. Beautiful.

Why can't this ****er come in already, it's been giving me trouble since December.
Old 03-03-2015, 11:12 AM   #6
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Very professional.
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 05:46 PM   #7
pennydreadful
trash

Yeah, the internet is literally this:

Sometimes you just have to laugh at how silly it gets!

Old 05-21-2015, 08:44 PM   #8
pennydreadful
trash

Despite my best efforts, I've picked up the latest winter bug that's going around.

FUUUUUUUU....

None of this would have happened if people who get sick would just stay at home instead of infecting their co-workers! Inconsiderate jerks.

Old 05-21-2015, 09:45 PM   #9
Leo656
The Franchise

That's the shiiiiiiiiits. It's always "great" when someone comes to the gym for me to train them, and I always open with "So how we feelin' today?", and they cough and go, "I have a cold, but I didn't want to miss our session." So now I get paid for the session, and miss the next 3 days of work, minimum. Terrific.

I tell my clients, if you feel sick, just stay home. I mean it's a gym, don't bring that sh*t in here. Common sense, man.

But yeah, that sucks. Feel better, dude.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 10:06 PM   #10
pennydreadful
trash

Oh it's just sh*tting me because I actually have (or had) plans for the weekend for once. I'm catching it in the early stages so hopefully if I stay in bed tomorrow I can kick its butt.

I just don't get it - I mean, we have paid sick leave over here. It's not life-or-death for someone to miss one day of work. Instead, the jacknut comes in, makes everyone else sick and then THEY have to miss days of work too. Basically means at least triple the working hours and manpower lost than if the inconsiderate dumbass had just stayed the f*ck at home. I mean, it's not rocket science - it's just stupid macho "Doesn't matter how sick I am, I can soldier through" crap. Makes me want to kick someone in the shins...

Old 05-21-2015, 10:41 PM   #11
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

That sucks. Being sick always kind of makes me grumpy and hate whoever gave it to me, be it a known suspect or unknown.

One of the things I hated most about working retail. If it wasn't a coworker then it was customers. And worst the people who drag their sick kids out in public because they wanted to go out and dragged the kid along, while both the child and employees would rather that the little cranky virus time bomb stayed home. Dreaded working the kid's clothing department, esp during the winter. I knew I was probably a dead woman if I had to.
Old 05-21-2015, 10:58 PM   #12
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennydreadful View Post
Despite my best efforts, I've picked up the latest winter bug that's going around.

FUUUUUUUU....

None of this would have happened if people who get sick would just stay at home instead of infecting their co-workers! Inconsiderate jerks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
That's the shiiiiiiiiits. It's always "great" when someone comes to the gym for me to train them, and I always open with "So how we feelin' today?", and they cough and go, "I have a cold, but I didn't want to miss our session." So now I get paid for the session, and miss the next 3 days of work, minimum. Terrific.

I tell my clients, if you feel sick, just stay home. I mean it's a gym, don't bring that sh*t in here. Common sense, man.

But yeah, that sucks. Feel better, dude.
Quote:
Oh it's just sh*tting me because I actually have (or had) plans for the weekend for once. I'm catching it in the early stages so hopefully if I stay in bed tomorrow I can kick its butt.

I just don't get it - I mean, we have paid sick leave over here. It's not life-or-death for someone to miss one day of work. Instead, the jacknut comes in, makes everyone else sick and then THEY have to miss days of work too. Basically means at least triple the working hours and manpower lost than if the inconsiderate dumbass had just stayed the f*ck at home. I mean, it's not rocket science - it's just stupid macho "Doesn't matter how sick I am, I can soldier through" crap. Makes me want to kick someone in the shins...
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
That sucks. Being sick always kind of makes me grumpy and hate whoever gave it to me, be it a known suspect or unknown.

One of the things I hated most about working retail. If it wasn't a coworker then it was customers. And worst the people who drag their sick kids out in public because they wanted to go out and dragged the kid along, while both the child and employees would rather that the little cranky virus time bomb stayed home. Dreaded working the kid's clothing department, esp during the winter. I knew I was probably a dead woman if I had to.

Not to belittle your problem, penny, or even play devil's advocate, buuuut.....
Sometimes a person doesn't have much of a choice but to go in to work or go out somewhere when they have a cold, flu, etc. I know I can't AFFORD to miss two-three days at a time, so I go in, cold, flu, or not. Mind, I DO try to medicate the heck out of myself to keep the symptoms to a minimum, and stay away from areas that are easily contaminated, and avoid food or other people as much as possible. Wash hands and face frequently, keep coughing and nose-blowing to the minimum and do it away from others. Try to keep from making others sick as much as I can, but- sometimes you just can't help it.

It may not be that they are being jerks, but just need to get things done and can't take the time away that taking sick days entails. And as for myself, I DO "soldier through" unless I'm practically on my death bed, not just because I feel I can make it, but because if I miss time, my paycheck suffers for it, and I have too much riding on what little I scrape by with as it is. Especially with another person depending on me to provide care. It's hard, but I feel like if I have to call in, then I'm failing him as a spouse and care-giver.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 06:32 PM   #13
pennydreadful
trash

At my work, the doorbell at the warehouse delivery bay is currently broken. I went to the trouble of making not one, but two laminated signs, with bright red lettering, underlined and all in caps, stating that the bell is broken and deliveries must be taken to the front office. The signs are helpfully situated - one literally 1 millimeter above the broken door-buzzer in question, and the second at eye level on the door right next to the buzzer, less than 30 centimeters away.

Yet every time a courier steps through the office door, they have this affronted expression on their face as if I'd personally pimp-slapped their grandmother and took a dump in her purse. "Your door buzzer's not working!" they huff plaintively as they shamble in, knuckles dragging on the carpet behind them, heavy Cro-Magnon brows furrowed in confusion. Giving me this sullen look (much like the one my female cat gives me when I refuse to give her "second breakfast" -- like a hobbit, she has her own ideas of how many meals a day are necessary for a happy life), as if I'd heard them pushing the non-operational bell with my super-hearing which is so keen it allows me to hear an ant farting at 50 paces, or as if I'd seen their van pull up at the back of the building by using my X-ray vision to peer through not one but two brick walls... and just decided to not get up and open the loading bay for the sheer merriment of it. As if having to walk a few meters to a different door has just ruined their entire day and put them hugely behind schedule.

Given that I am a somewhat polite person when in disguise as my work-self (I know, my powers of deception are mighty), I have managed to restrain myself thus far from flinging my stapler at someone's head.

I swear, I'm about to take a hammer and go remove the buzzer from the wall altogether just to stop the litany of complaints.

Last edited by pennydreadful; 06-09-2015 at 06:52 PM.
Old 06-09-2015, 06:47 PM   #14
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
LOL! Thanks, penny, you just made my day much better with that one, LOL!! Yeah, what's wrong with people that they have to complain/state the obvious with stupid crap like that when you clearly already KNEW that. I hate it when people act like it's YOUR fault they got inconvenienced by things out of your control. It's one of the MAIN reasons I left my old job- equipment (registers and credit machines) kept breaking down, and people were ticked and acted like we did it just to annoy them, or like it was somehow our fault. Get over yourselves, folks. Sometimes stuff breaks, and you have to DEAL with it!! (My personal peeve was the ones who would try to pay with a card even AFTER it was stated TWICE that the machine was down, one of which was in the opening greeting before they even ordered! Such stupidity....)

On a side note- a second grinder today, apparently. Our laundry room here at our apartment complex just jacked up the price on the washing machines AGAIN. It's up to 1.50$ now. What am I, MADE of money??!! And they're old machines that keep breaking down, to boot!!

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 07:02 PM   #15
Jephael
That whack job behind you

Quote:
At my work, the doorbell at the warehouse delivery bay is currently broken. I went to the trouble of making not one, but two laminated signs, with bright red lettering, underlined and all in caps, stating that the bell is broken and deliveries must be taken to the front office. The signs are helpfully situated - one literally 1 millimeter above the broken door-buzzer in question, and the second at eye level on the door right next to the buzzer, less than 30 centimeters away.

Yet every time a courier steps through the office door, they have this affronted expression on their face as if I'd personally pimp-slapped their grandmother and took a dump in her purse. "Your door buzzer's not working!" they huff plaintively as they shamble in, knuckles dragging on the carpet behind them, heavy Cro-Magnon brows furrowed in confusion. Giving me this sullen look (much like the one my female cat gives me when I refuse to give her "second breakfast" -- like a hobbit, she has her own ideas of how many meals a day are necessary for a happy life), as if I'd heard them pushing the non-operational bell with my super-hearing which is so keen it allows me to hear an ant farting at 50 paces, or as if I'd seen their van pull up at the back of the building by using my X-ray vision to peer through not one but two brick walls... and just decided to not get up and open the loading bay for the sheer merriment of it. As if having to walk a few meters to a different door has just ruined their entire day and put them hugely behind schedule.

Given that I am a somewhat polite person when in disguise as my work-self (I know, my powers of deception are mighty), I have managed to restrain myself thus far from flinging my stapler at someone's head.

http://media.giphy.com/media/HCiH4LHryNIo8/giphy.gif

I swear, I'm about to take a hammer and go remove the buzzer from the wall altogether just to stop the litany of complaints.
My dear, has anybody told you how gifted you are at the art of description? You really need to be a writer!

www.jephael.com
Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 08:25 PM   #16
CaliperCat
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jephael View Post
My dear, has anybody told you how gifted you are at the art of description? You really need to be a writer!
Seconded! I always feel like a Neanderthal of the English language after reading your rants

100% Jellybean and proud!
CaliperCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 09:26 PM   #17
pennydreadful
trash

Oh sheezy - would ya shtop! I'm part Irish; don't you know we get all embarrassed about compliments?

You are all far too kind. Glad I could bring a smile to your faces!

Old 06-10-2015, 02:29 AM   #18
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Checking out a game I haven't played in quite a while only to find most of the "improvements" they've made are really stupid and centered on making people spend money.

I get it, they do it as a business, they want and need to make a profit, esp since the thing is free to be on it. But there are issues they have not bothered to fix, but focus on finding numerous ways to push people to shell out money, well of course. Including taking away some things.

Mostly I'm annoyed at the crap you drop when killed. Used to be you'd lose a random item from your inventory. You have 15 min to run all the way back and pick your item up off the ground. If you were lucky it might have been something low value and not worth bothering to get back.

Now... you no longer lose items. Which, sure, eliminates the annoyance of dropping items you needed, but at least you could pick them back up just the same. Now instead, you lose a percentage of your currency (which of course is also greatly needed), and you can still run back to pick it up, but now you only get half of it back. And of course this happened when and where you died... so what or who killed you (including players - there is no non-pvp quest areas) may very well be there still and will kill you again when you try to retrieve your money. Thus causing you to drop more, and again retrieving only half yet again if you dare try to get it back. This is an MMO... anyone familiar with those knows that dying is practically half of the game anyhow. As if the walk back on this one wasn't punishment enough. Arg!

Not only that, they've made it so that if you try to get away from something attacking you - be it to try to save your skin or avoid a fight you didn't intend in the first place - you will now be stuck at only a walk speed for a bit of a distance with the thing brutally still attacking you... and very possibly killing you... thus losing your cash.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 06-10-2015 at 03:33 AM.
Old 06-21-2015, 09:53 PM   #19
pennydreadful
trash

Now this is a grinding of my gears - shopping for jeans, and the pants tyranny that accompanies it. Lest you think I'm exaggerating (as I am somewhat prone to hyperbole), there will be visual aids.

So - the seeking of new denim with which to adorn my nethers. I had to do it on the weekend. I had put it off for as long as I could - all of my jeans are too big and it's starting to get to the point where I look like a hobo. Four frustrating hours later, I returned home purchase-less, my frontal lobe utterly imploded into little smithereens, convinced that all hope for the human race is utterly lost. The experiment has failed and it's time to flush this particular science project down the crapper. I mean, what misbegotten hellspawn, what drooling psycho,decided to bring back jeggings?

I actually thought that I was hallucinating and had slipped into another dimension. Now, I hate shopping in shopping malls. Wherever humanly possible, I buy my clothes online so that I don't have to deal with people, lines, perfectly coifed salespeople asking if they can help me (which, if you're shy/socially awkward, you're totally gonna understand the level of Do Not Want) - the whole shebang. If I do have to go into a shopping mall, I plan where I'm going to hit (ideally, no more than 3 places maximum) and then get in and out as quickly as humanly possible.

Unfortunately, jeans are tough to buy online. They're the sort of thing you really have to try on. So, girding my loins, I began my quest. Store after store, and it just got worse and worse. I ended up going to at least 10 stores. My goal rapidly dropped from "find some cute jeans" to "just find a pair that doesn't make me want to set myself on fire". Panic-sweat glistened on my brow, while before my vision swam a sea, a platoon, a shrieking devilish convoy of skinny jeans, jeggings and - even worse - jeans with elastic waists. Jeans that promised to shape my booty. High-waisted jeans that promise impending camel-toe.

Mom jeans that have so many rips in them, they look as if they've been run over with a lawn-mower (and then have a $70+ price tag swinging from them). Jeans that, for some ungodly reason, end 3 inches above ones' ankle.

Everything was too tight, too short, too ripped, made of crappy fabric, acid-washed, covered in hideous floral patterns or abstract I-know-not-what that looks like all three of my cats took turns barfing on it after eating a budgie. Nobody except an anorexic mall-rat would wear this sh*t!

As some of you know, I'm a multi-gender shopper - but alas, the skinny jeans epidemic has even begun crawling into the mens' section. Anything which did not fit the above-mentioned categories of ugliness was just so stultifyingly boring and bland (question: do guys ever get depressed at having no color options for pants other than 5 shades of blue and occasionally black or tan? which, btw, I will never buy tan pants - I own so many green TMNT shirts and wear them so regularly that I would look like an ambulatory piece of shrubbery - I am NOT Groot!) that it caused a wave of ennui to sweep over me, finally driving me to throw my hands up in disgust and declare failure. I went home and watched shark documentaries instead, and reflected on how lucky sharks are that they don't have to wear pants.

Old 07-08-2015, 12:21 AM   #20
pennydreadful
trash

People sitting right next to me chewing gum with their f*cking mouths open. F*CK SAKE.