The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 06-08-2018, 11:57 AM   #661
DonnieLaForge
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelson View Post
I do think that the theory that this sale is being limited by time instead of quantity is a sound one.
The problem with that theory is that someone I know, on day 1, was trying to buy 2 dio sets but at some point it told him that there were no longer 2 left and it went down to 1, which he was able to successfully purchase (and he even went back and added 1 figure set to replace it before finalizing).
DonnieLaForge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 11:57 AM   #662
EddieNES
Stone Warrior

I have a SD17 8 pack up for trade for a Dio if anyone scored an extra.

Congrats all who scored.
F scalpers, shotty websites, and bad phone service.
Old 06-08-2018, 12:11 PM   #663
d_osborn
Mad Scientist

Haven't most NECA TMNT sets popped up on the Chinese blackmarket? It's possible these could, as well.
d_osborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 12:16 PM   #664
go_ninja84
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
Haven't most NECA TMNT sets popped up on the Chinese blackmarket? It's possible these could, as well.
the 30th anniversary hasn't been bootlegged yet
go_ninja84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 01:09 PM   #665
Reputator
Foot Soldier

Tried my damndest the last two days and it was never fast enough. I'd be happier if I never heard of them.
Old 06-08-2018, 01:21 PM   #666
TurtleWA
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnieLaForge View Post
The problem with that theory is that someone I know, on day 1, was trying to buy 2 dio sets but at some point it told him that there were no longer 2 left and it went down to 1, which he was able to successfully purchase (and he even went back and added 1 figure set to replace it before finalizing).
I suppose it’s based on how much faith you have on the counting systems. I’ve been on websites that warned of only one item being left in stock and I order and refresh and then see several more of the item in stock. Like the system reset the inventory counter after running to zero without actually knowing how much was literally available.
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 01:21 PM   #667
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Here's my theory:
For the online sale, there were far more sets bundled with the diorama than without. Priced as twice as much, there's far more profit to be made.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 01:35 PM   #668
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_ninja84 View Post
the 30th anniversary hasn't been bootlegged yet
I was thinking about this earlier, will the SDCC 2017 or the Mirage Villains come up on the china bootleg market?, might be the only affordable way I can get those awesome 80s cartoon ones.

http://jandmdev.deviantart.com/ (My Brother and I have a dev page, I am J, brother is M)
TheBlueTurtle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 01:52 PM   #669
EddieNES
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlueTurtle1 View Post
I was thinking about this earlier, will the SDCC 2017 or the Mirage Villains come up on the china bootleg market?, might be the only affordable way I can get those awesome 80s cartoon ones.
I have a bootleg video game Donnie from a few years back that looks mint original. I think weíll see the SD17 eventually. You figure itís the same mold; why Iím surprised they havenít popped up yet.

I wouldnít hold my breath for the bad guys, but any thing is possible.
Old 06-08-2018, 02:16 PM   #670
Coro
Mad Scientist

Quote:
its people like you that make it difficult to actually get these sets. i seriously hope they cancel all your orders (my apologies to all his international buyers, but if you buy from him at 500.00 you can do better)

how about going out and finding a job?......its not our fault its your only income, and why should we support you?

Quote:
congrats man and welcome to the forums

well said...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
Its people like you that screw actual fans out of this set. having your family members and friends help you pass the 2 house per limit just so you can gouge people and re sell them. More proof to my point Scalpers are ****ing assholes. I wish Neca would cancel all your orders than all those would go to actual fans and not someone looking for a profit

I hate to defend a scalper, but neither of us know his situation. How do you know hes not a quadriplegic war veteran and cant get a job? Extreme example, I know but do not assume everyone can go out and "get a real job". I do not know if hes in a disability situation at all, but what I do know is that attacking someone's chosen profession is not cool. You can say what you want about his prices and him being a braggart all you want, but please realize that there are many small toy dealers and store owners that are living with life long disabilities that a toy company can bring both joy and a living wage for. If you have ever been to a toy convention at all, or even Comic Con, how many people do you see that have clear disabilities, or when you talk to them you realize they have clear mental disabilities. This is the community that toy collectors are apart of. Many of us are broken...

This subject is particularly close to my heart, all I ask is that you try to consider other reasons...
Now shipping to CANADA!

Last edited by Coro; 06-08-2018 at 02:27 PM.
Coro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 02:35 PM   #671
statik
Foot Soldier

Let's say your extreme case was the case. Still gives no right to brag openly on how much money their making off the fans here. I can't and won't sympathize with that at all.
statik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 02:47 PM   #672
TurtleWA
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coro View Post
I hate to defend a scalper, but neither of us know his situation. How do you know hes not a quadriplegic war veteran and cant get a job? Extreme example, I know but do not assume everyone can go out and "get a real job". I do not know if hes in a disability situation at all, but what I do know is that attacking someone's chosen profession is not cool. You can say what you want about his prices and him being a braggart all you want, but please realize that there are many small toy dealers and store owners that are living with life long disabilities that a toy company can bring both joy and a living wage for. If you have ever been to a toy convention at all, or even Comic Con, how many people do you see that have clear disabilities, or when you talk to them you realize they have clear mental disabilities. This is the community that toy collectors are apart of. Many of us are broken...

This subject is particularly close to my heart, all I ask is that you try to consider other reasons...
Scalpers wouldnít exist if it wasnít for the collectors that have more money than willpower. No one forces fans to purchase from a scalper. Itís just the collector at the bottom of the totem pole gets bummed out the game when scalpers and financially stable fans dance. Unfortunate reality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by statik View Post
Let's say your extreme case was the case. Still gives no right to brag openly on how much money their making off the fans here. I can't and won't sympathize with that at all.
Actually a sad life when you think about it. The only thing someone has to boast about is making a few bucks off of a collectible. Like nothing else is going well in the persons life that makes them feel good. Sad.
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 02:48 PM   #673
Coro
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by statik View Post
I feel like you read my post, but didn't listen to the words.
Now shipping to CANADA!
Old 06-08-2018, 02:49 PM   #674
ProdUK
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlueTurtle1 View Post
The mirage villains are on the bootleg market. Was hoping for the SDCC 2017 to show up.
ProdUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 02:50 PM   #675
Coro
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdUK View Post
The mirage villains are on the bootleg market. Was hoping for the SDCC 2017 to show up.
I would love some mirage villians...link?

I grabbed 2 Diorama sets, and I was really considering keeping both, but when they arrive I might have to let mine go to someone that couldn't snag one. I am not sure I need to store more toys. 1 set will be displayed FOR A FACT, but what would I honestly do with the second one. I am thinking about it I guess...
Now shipping to CANADA!
Old 06-08-2018, 03:12 PM   #676
Filespit
Hench Mutant

I'll re-post, I'm an international buyer and would like to get my hands on a set (with or without the diorama). If anyone has a "spare" they'd like to get rid off let me know. Not interested in overpaying, I'm just another collector asking for a helping hand.
Filespit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 03:15 PM   #677
ProdUK
Random Punk

Quote:
I would love some mirage villians...link?

I grabbed 2 Diorama sets, and I was really considering keeping both, but when they arrive I might have to let mine go to someone that couldn't snag one. I am not sure I need to store more toys. 1 set will be displayed FOR A FACT, but what would I honestly do with the second one. I am thinking about it I guess...

Mirage Villains
ProdUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 03:23 PM   #678
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

I got a dio set without dealing with scalpers, huzzah!
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 03:40 PM   #679
go_ninja84
Mad Scientist

Quote:

even if that was true. i still dont see why we gotta support him and supply his income. if this is his only source of income, and he is disabled he should apply for government assistance and if he get denied then he is able to work and supply his own income. either way price gouging on collectibles is not a dependable source of income

we all work for our money
go_ninja84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 04:14 PM   #680
Rooish
Devil's Advocate

If anyone has an extra I can buy, I'd appreciate.
Rooish is offline   Reply With Quote