The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 06-09-2018, 04:48 PM   #701
oldmanwinters
Overlord

So... the "game changing jaw dropper SDCC exclusive"... this was it?

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 05:08 PM   #702
Panther10
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Karai View Post
So when NECA first showed their 1/4 scale Donnie prototype at NYTF a while back, I originally only wanted these in the 6-7" scale. I ended up getting the 1/4 scale figures because they are amazing. I am a big Jim Henson fan, and they nailed the likeness and spirit of the Henson suits. When I walk in my room, it really feels like the characters are hanging out in my room. A lot of life there.

I was going back and forth about whether I should sell the 1/4 scales now that I have a 7" set secured. But after re-watching Pixel Dan's video, there is detail that is present in the 1/4 scales that just isn't able to be captured at the smaller size.

So in conclusion: I'm keeping my 1/4 scales, getting 1/4 scale Shredder (not foot soldier), and also collecting whatever 7" movie figures they throw at us.

Seriously? I feel the opposite. I feel like the smaller versions are more authentic. The shade of green is more authentic to the Jim Henson suits, the smaller versions have a semi-gloss finish much like the suits from the first two films. And most importantly the paint and sculpt details on Donnie's and Mikeys face have been corrected. Donatello has the smaller warts and no longer has any issues with the oversized darker blotches on his face. And Michelangelo's eyes are far more gentle looking than his 1/4 scale tweaked out counterpart

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***First of Two Latin Kings*** View Post
I've had an account here for ten years. The sets I obtained were for people here who live in Europe.

Dude, I've done business with you in the past, but in these circumstances I think you really need to cut back on this sense of nobility you've adopted. If this was for such a worthy cause you wouldn't be selling them at a 100% markup. It's hard enough for the folks out there overseas to obtain this set as it is, but to sell it for double the retail price just makes it even harder. So no offense, but cut the crap. You'd be doing just fine for yourself if you sold these for 30% more than the retail price and you'd have the actual satisfaction of helping other people out. What you are doing now is just screwing people over under the guise of a friendly face.

I was able to buy this figure from Lunar Toys. They ended up getting a few more of the Special editions in stock so I grabbed one. So I'm no longer in the market for a First Gokin NT-01
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Crave Pizza No More View Post
Congrats! Did you get the special edition with the chrome parts, or just the standard version?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Says right there he got the special edition, mane.
Quote:
You're right! D'oh!

Last edited by Panther10; 06-09-2018 at 05:17 PM.
Panther10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 05:31 PM   #703
Coro
Mad Scientist

I have decided to let my second set go to to a dromer AT MY COST. It will not be 250 if you factor in shipping twice and any auction fees or whatever.

I think I might even raffle it off for the store. I am trying to think of a creative way to sell this thing at cost, and drum up more business for my toy store at the same time. I don't even object to raffling it off free of charge as long as I can gain market share or something...

Any suggestions for a store to use a set as a promotion and NOT gouge the customer? I will seriously take suggestions.

AND QUIT SENDING ME MESSAGES with "I will buy it right now for $xxx". I am looking to leverage it for the store in other ways.
Now shipping to CANADA!

Last edited by Coro; 06-09-2018 at 05:43 PM.
Coro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 05:36 PM   #704
Coro
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
ha, yeah, good luck with that. To tell someone that they should sell it to you at cost when they will have to pay shipping twice and spend time to ship it to you is kind of inconsiderate. I get not wanting to pay much over retail but that is a dreamworld. I have people get me stuff from SDCC etc all the time and I pay them for their trouble whether they are there in person or I added my wants to their list of items they buy online.

I have to say, that is pretty well said and I straddle the line on this one. While we do not know the situation he def does go out of his way to antagonize and publicize the situation.

However, the people here saying "I wont spend more than 125..." come on. I have been on the receiving end of not getting exclusives... a TON of times. I get annoyed yes. I get heated yes... but come on be realistic of expectations after a sell out. I usually won't pay 1.5 times the cost of the exclusive so for the dio set I would have paid a max of 350-375 in the after market... I would have been pissed and NOT pay that but if it is something I REALLY wanted i'd bite the bullet. As it stands now I will prob sell my 2017 set to cover the cost of this year's set.
I agree being boisterous about it is not helping, but I just want people to think before they bash someone online. He may be a douche or he may just be super excited that hes able to do this. I get a rush when someone pre-orders stuff online from my store. I was OVER THE MOON when members here pre-ordered their 1/4 scale turtles from me. (it was a really well selling product and I moved more than 20 of each turtle at a reasonable cost and I delivered super fast) This was REALLY exciting to me. The rush of making these sales and delivering products is there and it makes ME feel good, so he's probably super excited about it and wants to share with someone. I do the same thing, but its mostly with my wife and co workers.NOT a forum that I am selling on. (until now) Making a sale is its own rush.

I still will not apologize for him, just asking people to analyze why hes doing what hes doing and not crucify him. Vote with your money-don't buy from him if you don't like his practices. VOTE WITH YOUR DOLLAR.
Now shipping to CANADA!
Old 06-09-2018, 05:39 PM   #705
Coro
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Karai View Post
So when NECA first showed their 1/4 scale Donnie prototype at NYTF a while back, I originally only wanted these in the 6-7" scale. I ended up getting the 1/4 scale figures because they are amazing. I am a big Jim Henson fan, and they nailed the likeness and spirit of the Henson suits. When I walk in my room, it really feels like the characters are hanging out in my room. A lot of life there.

I was going back and forth about whether I should sell the 1/4 scales now that I have a 7" set secured. But after re-watching Pixel Dan's video, there is detail that is present in the 1/4 scales that just isn't able to be captured at the smaller size.

So in conclusion: I'm keeping my 1/4 scales, getting 1/4 scale Shredder (not foot soldier), and also collecting whatever 7" movie figures they throw at us.
Can I ask about the specific details you referred to? I am keeping both sets as well, my 1/4 scale is my center piece for sure.
Now shipping to CANADA!
Old 06-09-2018, 05:41 PM   #706
Coro
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Look, can we please just let all of the bickering and sniping take a rest?

The preorder process sucked for everyone. It's over now, though, so it'd be best to keep the talk to the actual figures. And if you have extras to sell, start a different thread.
Agree-I am done as well. Should have read YOUR post first before my previous response right above lol
Now shipping to CANADA!
Old 06-09-2018, 06:14 PM   #707
OrokuYoshiFilms
Stone Warrior

Fine by me.

Is it safe to assume this is one-and-done as far as potential other figures in this scale are concerned? I'd like to own a Shredder and Foot Clan (and every single other cast member, pfft!) in this scale and I'd just hold out for those if they could become available. Don't wanna kid myself because they didn't even have to make the turtles in the first place.

Last edited by OrokuYoshiFilms; 06-09-2018 at 08:37 PM.
OrokuYoshiFilms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 10:21 PM   #708
Otter
Thug

7" Henson Turtles are a grail item for me. Anything else in this scale is just gravy.

I would actually buy (or try to buy) a Shredder at this scale, but am not interested in one at 1:4. Nor 1:4 Foot soldiers. But again, I'd try to get a bunch at 7" scale to populate the movie diorama with. It's going to look a little sparse with just the turtles, so I am hoping there will be another exclusive release of a '90 Movie Villains set, featuring scaled down Shredder and Foot soldiers, down the line.

The only other character I am really interested in at 1:4 is Casey Jones. I would probably even pass on a Splinter, hoping that he'd eventually be made in 7".
Old 06-09-2018, 11:50 PM   #709
Panther10
Foot Soldier

I'm a little on the fence regarding the 1/4 scale shredder and foot ninja as well. The bright magenta/purple sequins with a zebra stripe cape on Shredder hasn't aged particularly well in 28 years and until I see pictures of this figure in the SDCC booth I'm not going to be very optimistic about the result, despite the incredible work that neca has done on this line so far.

I was able to buy this figure from Lunar Toys. They ended up getting a few more of the Special editions in stock so I grabbed one. So I'm no longer in the market for a First Gokin NT-01
Quote:
Congrats! Did you get the special edition with the chrome parts, or just the standard version?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Says right there he got the special edition, mane.
Quote:
You're right! D'oh!
Panther10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 07:09 AM   #710
jazzmatazz
Foot Soldier

I really wanted this set and despite being just barely able to get online at noon three days in a row (internet and power outages wth with this week? I get I live in bum nowhere but we aren't that far into the boonies) It sold out every time while it was processing my payment! I just got to hope to find a reasonable priced one on ebay I guess after SDCC has happened. Right now the secondary market is too inflated. Certainly don't have room for the bigger figures otherwise I'd just go that route.
jazzmatazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 03:22 PM   #711
xZAOx
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
So... the "game changing jaw dropper SDCC exclusive"... this was it?
Yep =/.

(10 chars)
xZAOx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 03:49 PM   #712
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by xZAOx View Post
Yep =/.

(10 chars)
I mean, it's a great looking set, but... how has the game changed?

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 04:09 PM   #713
Candy Kappa
Passive-Aggressive Snob

Maybe it's a license thing that's changed, first TMNT cross scales or sumthing
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 04:18 PM   #714
drag0nfeathers
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
I mean, it's a great looking set, but... how has the game changed?
I feel the same, I mean I can love and respect the 7" Henson as pretty amazing but it's not much of a "game changer" It's another 4 piece turtle set... *shrug* I would have been way more stoked with a technodrome or something that would literally scream the terminology "game changer"

I'm still happy with it, but I think it was a little over fluffed to gain excitement... however... if that's the case it certainly worked! It was hard as hell to get a set.

Thank you to evan2000 for the AWESOME gif! <3
drag0nfeathers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 04:39 PM   #715
Candy Kappa
Passive-Aggressive Snob

a Technodrome? like from their CINEMACHINES Die Cast line? Cause a Technodrome for 1/10th figures, even just a scale up from the vintage toy would be highly improbable and super expensive. MOTUC's Castle Grayskull was crowdfunded, barely got it through was for supporters $200 while for others $300, and that was Mattel.
Old 06-10-2018, 04:57 PM   #716
OrokuYoshiFilms
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
...and super expensive.
...to make or to buy?
OrokuYoshiFilms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 05:01 PM   #717
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

While i'm incredibly happy to have secured a set this year (was tough lol), last year's set was stronger, at least for my taste. And more ambitious. It had more new stuff, not just 1/4 figures scaled down.

Looking forward to seeing what they show next year that's for sure!

And REALLY looking forward to the day when NECA can mange to release more TMNT stuff that isn't convention exclusive. Please, please let it happen someday soon.

(I really want a NECA Splinter okay?)
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 05:07 PM   #718
Candy Kappa
Passive-Aggressive Snob

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrokuYoshiFilms View Post
...to make or to buy?
Both.

Another example then Mattel's 2013 Castle Grayskull would be Hasbro's Jabba's Sail Barge, that's a $500 play-set that was crowdfunded.

NECA have slightly dabbled with 1/10th vehicles and this set is their first proper diorama, a Technodrome would be lofty to do.
Old 06-10-2018, 05:54 PM   #719
go_ninja84
Mad Scientist

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SDCC-2018-E...wAAOSwXSJbHLsY

dioramas only are starting to show up but 200 is ridiculous
go_ninja84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 05:58 PM   #720
Psycho50501
Foot Soldier

Proof that Mikey can hold is chucks in his belt just like the show... So there should be no reason why Movie Mikey can't do the same. Just heat the belt up for a min or so.

Psycho50501 is offline   Reply With Quote