The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2019, 07:55 PM   #1
Toxin45
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Dearborn Heights, Michigan
Posts: 233
TMNT the Breakout villains

So for those who don't know what a break out villain here https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.p...reakoutVillain
The TMNT sipmliy started as an indie comic but grew into a multimedia franchise with lots of comic series by other publishers,tv shows,movies,and video games.
For those who wants to the first TMNT breakout villain is it is obviously Shredder himself. in the mirage comics He was originally a one-shot villain that was killed off in his first appearance then was brought back for later issues but was still limited appearances and then brought back again as a shark mutant before dying for good.He also had a couple of versions of himself Doctor Shredderous,Oroku Yoshi from volume 4,Raphael,and Lady Shredder. But thanks to the 1987 series became the most viable villain in the franchise appearing in other comics such as archie and IDW as well many other comics,tv shows,movies,video games,and merchandise becoming the big bad and arch-enemy to the turtles and splinter in most versions.

For a non-shredder example from the 2003 series we have Hun and Bishop they created to be exclusives but grew so popular that the former was added to mirage and IDW comics as well later installments same with Bishop but only in the IDW comics and 2012 series.

Tiger Claw from the 2012 series he first appeared in the 2012 series and debuted in the second season but grew more popular with more appearances .
So who are the other breakout villains in the series to you?
Toxin45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 08:26 PM   #2
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger
 
TigerClaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 11,943
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxin45 View Post
So for those who don't know what a break out villain here https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.p...reakoutVillain
The TMNT sipmliy started as an indie comic but grew into a multimedia franchise with lots of comic series by other publishers,tv shows,movies,and video games.
For those who wants to the first TMNT breakout villain is it is obviously Shredder himself. in the mirage comics He was originally a one-shot villain that was killed off in his first appearance then was brought back for later issues but was still limited appearances and then brought back again as a shark mutant before dying for good.He also had a couple of versions of himself Doctor Shredderous,Oroku Yoshi from volume 4,Raphael,and Lady Shredder. But thanks to the 1987 series became the most viable villain in the franchise appearing in other comics such as archie and IDW as well many other comics,tv shows,movies,video games,and merchandise becoming the big bad and arch-enemy to the turtles and splinter in most versions.

For a non-shredder example from the 2003 series we have Hun and Bishop they created to be exclusives but grew so popular that the former was added to mirage and IDW comics as well later installments same with Bishop but only in the IDW comics and 2012 series.

Tiger Claw from the 2012 series he first appeared in the 2012 series and debuted in the second season but grew more popular with more appearances .
So who are the other breakout villains in the series to you?
TigerClaw without a doubt was the breakout villain for me. And I'm not just saying this because he shares the same name as me.

__________________
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 06:43 AM   #3
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Emperor
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sweden
Posts: 9,006
Tigerclaw, maybe also Dogpound and Fishface
__________________
Because of continuity and timeline errors, I've given up writing fanfiction based on the 1987-1996 animated television series. Instead, I'm trying to reboot the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles story, something many other fanfiction writers already do:

Hopefully, stories will later appear at

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/968367/O...NT-Cartoon-Fan
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 09:37 AM   #4
Panda_Kahn_fan
Mad Scientist
 
Panda_Kahn_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,613
when it comes to 'breakout', as in appearing in other TMNT media;

Mirage is Baxter Stockman, Shredder, Fugitoid, the triceritons, and Rat King

OT is Bebop, Rocksteady, and Krang

Archie is the mutanimals

4kids Hun, Bishop, and Angel

IDW is Alopex

Nick is Tiger Claw and Pigeon Pete
__________________
My TMNT fanfic: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1266176...n-a-Half-Shell

IDW is the best version of TMNT

If they make a TMNT reboot movie retelling the shredder battle/origin, I won't buy a ticket.
Panda_Kahn_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 09:42 AM   #5
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 15,254
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda_Kahn_fan View Post
IDW is Alopex
Excuse me, you spelled Old Hob wrong.
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 09:59 AM   #6
Toxin45
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Dearborn Heights, Michigan
Posts: 233
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda_Kahn_fan View Post
when it comes to 'breakout', as in appearing in other TMNT media;

Mirage is Baxter Stockman, Shredder, Fugitoid, the triceritons, and Rat King

OT is Bebop, Rocksteady, and Krang

Archie is the mutanimals

4kids Hun, Bishop, and Angel

IDW is Alopex

Nick is Tiger Claw and Pigeon Pete
You also forgot Karai and Savanti Romero
Toxin45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 10:15 AM   #7
Panda_Kahn_fan
Mad Scientist
 
Panda_Kahn_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,613
Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Excuse me, you spelled Old Hob wrong.
I was talking about breakout characters that appear in other media, Alopex has made that Jump, Hob has not. Hob is the more interesting character, though.(Though I personally consider Hob and Scratch the same character, but that's just me.)
__________________
My TMNT fanfic: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1266176...n-a-Half-Shell

IDW is the best version of TMNT

If they make a TMNT reboot movie retelling the shredder battle/origin, I won't buy a ticket.
Panda_Kahn_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 10:16 AM   #8
Panda_Kahn_fan
Mad Scientist
 
Panda_Kahn_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,613
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxin45 View Post
You also forgot Karai and Savanti Romero
And also Renet- good catch!
__________________
My TMNT fanfic: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1266176...n-a-Half-Shell

IDW is the best version of TMNT

If they make a TMNT reboot movie retelling the shredder battle/origin, I won't buy a ticket.
Panda_Kahn_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 10:23 AM   #9
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 15,254
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda_Kahn_fan View Post
I was talking about breakout characters that appear in other media, Alopex has made that Jump, Hob has not. Hob is the more interesting character, though.(Though I personally consider Hob and Scratch the same character, but that's just me.)
M'bad.
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 10:28 AM   #10
Panda_Kahn_fan
Mad Scientist
 
Panda_Kahn_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,613
Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
M'bad.
I would love to see hob in a film or animated series, however. He would make an excellent anti-hero/villain for the TMNT, with his motivations.
__________________
My TMNT fanfic: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1266176...n-a-Half-Shell

IDW is the best version of TMNT

If they make a TMNT reboot movie retelling the shredder battle/origin, I won't buy a ticket.
Panda_Kahn_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 10:59 AM   #11
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Emperor
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sweden
Posts: 9,006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda_Kahn_fan View Post
OT is Bebop, Rocksteady, and Krang

Archie is the mutanimals
Dregg from Fred Wolf. Armaggon and Verminator X (Verminator Rex) from Archie.
__________________
Because of continuity and timeline errors, I've given up writing fanfiction based on the 1987-1996 animated television series. Instead, I'm trying to reboot the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles story, something many other fanfiction writers already do:

Hopefully, stories will later appear at

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/968367/O...NT-Cartoon-Fan
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 07:36 PM   #12
Tarris Vaal
Stone Warrior
 
Tarris Vaal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Cullompton, Devon
Posts: 505
I'd be very surprised if Old Hob doesn't make it into the next tv series that runs with a more dramatized story. (I can't see him in Rise, or anything similar to it. 2k12 or 2k3 style series could though)
Eastman himself even mentioned Hob being a major add from IDW to the overall lore when they interviewed him for the current kickstarter.


Alopex and Tigerclaw I also have to agree, they're both strong characters to make reappearances. Alopex already has of course, albeit only just.

I'd like to think Fishface would as well. Not sure Dogpound will though.


I reckon its more certain break out aspects of existing characters that will have the greater long term impact. I would not be surprised to see Karai regularly being Splinter's daughter in future series where she's heavily featured for example.
__________________
Help animate the Sedisverse - Kickstarter at;

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...the-sedisverse
Tarris Vaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 07:51 AM   #13
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Emperor
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sweden
Posts: 9,006
Ninjara

I want some more Chien Khan and Ninjara. I guess Ninjara could fight much better than any of the turtles.
__________________
Because of continuity and timeline errors, I've given up writing fanfiction based on the 1987-1996 animated television series. Instead, I'm trying to reboot the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles story, something many other fanfiction writers already do:

Hopefully, stories will later appear at

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/968367/O...NT-Cartoon-Fan
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
archie, idw, mirage, tmnt

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:46 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.