The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 09-16-2014, 01:30 PM   #1
neatoman
Emperor

When could volume 4 get finished?

I hate asking because I have a lot of respect for the guy but when is Peter Laird going to finish volume 4? Seriously, I don't want the original TMNT continuity left hanging without a conclusion to it's main storyline.
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 01:31 PM   #2
snake
Disgusting

He said he COULD finish it in 2-3 issues.

I think I read that off his blog, I'm not sure if I did though.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 01:34 PM   #3
CyberCubed
Overlord

PL only puts out one new issue every 2-3 years. So unless PL gets a burst of enthusiasm, I wouldn't expect it to end till 2020 or later.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 01:42 PM   #4
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
PL only puts out one new issue every 2-3 years. So unless PL gets a burst of enthusiasm, I wouldn't expect it to end till 2020 or later.
... He's going to be like 70 by then...
Old 09-16-2014, 06:44 PM   #5
Cipher
Foot Elite

It's one of those things where I hope it does -- and I'd even be open to someone else working off Laird's ideas to script it -- but if not, you know, it's not the end of the world.

It definitely leaves some (many) hanging threads, but we know the broad strokes of how the Mirage universe ends.

But I'm a pretty huge fan of things like Twin Peaks. In general I've grown a lot more comfortable with stories that don't reach proper/intended ends but still feel like relatively complete experiences.
Cipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 07:15 PM   #6
CyberCubed
Overlord

If PL never finishes it someone at IDW will. It will reach its conclusion in some form.
Old 09-17-2014, 12:49 AM   #7
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
If PL never finishes it someone at IDW will. It will reach its conclusion in some form.
No. They won't touch it. I seriously doubt it. Maybe in like 15 years... if Peter Laird hasn't touched it since and if IDW still has the license.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 12:57 AM   #8
CyberCubed
Overlord

That's what I mean. Granted IDW may no longer have the license by then, hell, even Nick may not own the Turtles anymore if they decide to sell the franchise after they're done with it, so who knows.

But I do think if PL firmly states he's done with the series and doesn't mind if IDW finishes it, (perhaps providing story notes on how he wants it to end), it would be finished by them.

Hopefully Jim Lawson is still around because it wouldn't feel authentic if he didn't draw the end of Volume 4 too.
Old 09-17-2014, 01:07 AM   #9
Powder
So tired of this place

IDW seems pretty adamant about leaving Mirage related things where they lay, with the 30th anniversary book being the exception. Of course, it had all the right staff it needed to be done, but just the same, none of the stories affected the continuity of the stories they came from. It was kinda safe. & I mean no offense in saying that, it was awesome! Truthfully, I wish they would get a little involved in the Mirage timeline. As long as they had guys like Murph, Lawson, & Berger to oversee stories & lookout for timeline hiccups/contradictions, it'd be rad, I think. There are so many things that could be done still, plot threads hanging, stories unfinished... But I understand that nobody wants to step on Pete's toes, & I respect that. If only we could get a Tales From The Turtleverse series, dipping into EVERY turtle series ever. A Henson turtles issue here, an Archie issue there, a smattering of Mirage, of the OT, etc. Would be God-tier.

Make it happen, IDW! andletmedrawone

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 07:41 PM   #10
Jephael
That whack job behind you

As much as I enjoyed that last issue we got, I don't expect Mr. Laird to wrap it up any time soon. I think he's enjoying taking his time with it. To be honest, I hardly ever think about Volume 4, so when it's announced that a new issue is being published, I get excited!!!

www.jephael.com
Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 07:56 AM   #11
Chris
Mad Scientist

Didn't Peter Laird say "about 6 issues" at one point? And we've had, I think, 2 issues released since (it's that long ago I'm a little fuzzy on the details).

If that's right we have about 4 issues to go, so assuming 1 per year (and that's a BIG assumption) we could be seeing Vol. 4 finally end in 2018.

I don't see IDW ever doing it out of respect for Peter and Mirage. Maybe if Peter decides he really doesn't want to finish it he'll let the Mirage team finish it from his notes, but I don't think that'll happen in the foreseeable future (just a hunch).

I'd love it if, once Vol. 4 was done, Peter turned the Mirage reigns over to Jim and Dan and let them do Mirage Vol. 5 or even just Tales Vol. 3 (if they were up for it) but I think that would depend on how Pete felt once Vol. 4 was complete.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 10:32 AM   #12
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Didn't Peter Laird say "about 6 issues" at one point? And we've had, I think, 2 issues released since (it's that long ago I'm a little fuzzy on the details).

If that's right we have about 4 issues to go, so assuming 1 per year (and that's a BIG assumption) we could be seeing Vol. 4 finally end in 2018.

I don't see IDW ever doing it out of respect for Peter and Mirage. Maybe if Peter decides he really doesn't want to finish it he'll let the Mirage team finish it from his notes, but I don't think that'll happen in the foreseeable future (just a hunch).

I'd love it if, once Vol. 4 was done, Peter turned the Mirage reigns over to Jim and Dan and let them do Mirage Vol. 5 or even just Tales Vol. 3 (if they were up for it) but I think that would depend on how Pete felt once Vol. 4 was complete.
I'd kill for Tales Vol.3.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 12:57 PM   #13
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
I'd kill for Tales Vol.3.
If there's ever going to be another Tales book, then it would most likely be a companion piece to the IDW series.
Hahahaha!

Tags
mirage, peter laird, volume 4