The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 07-25-2017, 02:15 PM   #2581
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Spent part of the last morning/early afternoon driving around trying to find something and last place I tried (after almost not bothering to check) had just one.

Not that two chain pet stores I looked at didn't have something like it (the second I went to after their website gave me the impression they had what I wanted and available for pick-up but then a lady told me the don't carry it >.> The hell...), but I don't need 50 flipping feet of tubing for $80 for cleaning a fish tank that is right around the corner from the intended sink it would connect to. I wanted a 25' and hopefully not spend as much.

The last place I tried is just a small (non-chain) fish pet shop and only one little area is dedicated to supplies so wasn't sure they'd have it, but thank god. Hoped it would have been a little cheaper, but it's a good name brand (vs the 50' store brands) and still $20 less, so hey. So sore from work and didn't want to worsen it, but really needed to give the aquarium some attention, so thank god I found it and the attachment fit the faucet. So much easier. Been hauling water via bucket for years...
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 03:43 PM   #2582
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Looked up at the monitor for the outside camera in our drive through earlier today and saw- a brand new- and most definitely NON-factory stock- Dodge Viper!! Sweet custom paint job (dark metallic red with wide silver racing stripes down the hood and top) aftermarket rims, spoiler, and custom body kit. In case it was not obvious, I am in LOVE with Vipers. Have been since the first time I ever saw one at the Dalkas Auto Show back when it was still just a "concept" car before they went into production. Still drooling over that car. Took a couple of pics, but only managed to get the back end by the time I could get the camera aimed and focused. So beautiful.....

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 01:27 PM   #2583
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Target apparently clearanced those blind box stacking Turtles a while ago and saw just one sitting there by its lonesome while I was poking around the TMNT stuff. Didn't see any more anywhere in the toy aisles and never bought any of them when they came out (largely due to them being five bucks a piece and zero guess-ability), but for $1.48 now, why not?

Figured it would prob just end up being any of them other than my boy, and if not impressed, well my nephew could have it. But...never mind, he won't be getting this one. Just a one shot chance and this last one nobody had yet picked up was the mystery armored Leo. So that was a fun little happy maker, aside from finding the regular samurai Turtles.
Old 07-28-2017, 04:13 PM   #2584
Optimus Primer
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by DestronMirage22 View Post
When I went to Chinatown on my trip I picked up this wicked pair of sai for a great price. I'm pretty sure they wouldn't have allowed them on the plane considering they're weapons and I didn't want to risk them getting thrown out at the airport, so I just decided to mail them to myself. And they finally arrived today! These things are gorgeous and they're gonna look great mounted on my wall or with me if I ever get around to cosplaying.

http://i.imgur.com/7cGCu1pl.jpg
Those are epic, Destron!!
Optimus Primer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 03:17 PM   #2585
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Will prob never know who had grabbed my locker, but luckily that lock was gone so I got my locker back... Had hoped it would be the case, but didn't think it would be, so that's definitely a happy maker. (Guess I'll just start leaving my lock on it now.)

And here I was prepared to leave a post-it on there to tell them the 'owner' of it was still using it.
Old 07-30-2017, 06:03 PM   #2586
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Went to the zoo with a friend from my internship and her daughter. We had a pretty good time.
Old 07-30-2017, 06:52 PM   #2587
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

It's been an innnncccrrreeeddiiiibbbllllyyy slow day here at work. Leaves plenty of time to surf the web and post here.
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 07:21 PM   #2588
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Saw a really cute little Mudd jean jacket at the nearby Kohl's, embroidered with flowers and snake (and moon, stars, an arrow...). Doubted that the medium that I couldn't reach would fit (looks like they run small based on other similar jackets), else I'd had been tempted to spend more than I intended.

.....*cough* then came home and ended up ordering a large available from the next store over a little ways away; was ready for pick up in like half an hour and just got back from getting it. I don't buy much from the Juniors department anymore at this age, but that jacket was too cute to pass up.

Spoiler:
Old 07-31-2017, 07:57 AM   #2589
Vegita-San
Emperor

Shatners social media feed.

there are SO Many places I could send him where he would have a FIELD day with some of the personalities there.
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 01:06 PM   #2590
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Hubby coming home today. The kittehs have been clinging to me like velcro. They will be happy to see daddy again.

Old 07-31-2017, 01:13 PM   #2591
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I figured out something in my homework that's been difficult. Which is good because it's basically the final assignment for this semester.
Old 08-01-2017, 10:52 AM   #2592
Vegita-San
Emperor

usually I find people, guys or girls, not in a talkative mood IRL. most tend to be as grumpy there as most people think I am here.

Today, came across two lovely nurses who didn't mind chatting a little that helped make an annoying doctors visit go a little smoother. Only one looked like she was close to my age heh. but a doctors office is not a place to try and pick peoples interest up .

It's also amazing how many cashiers these days at food stores hardly look at you, let alone engage in conversation. it's about the only talking i get these days....
Old 08-01-2017, 11:45 AM   #2593
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
It's also amazing how many cashiers these days at food stores hardly look at you, let alone engage in conversation. it's about the only talking i get these days....
Why would they? Most cashiers work for minimum wage and long shifts, they don't have time to make idle chit chat when they have to clear the line of people at their register.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 12:01 PM   #2594
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
After standing there doing the repetitive work of cashiering for however many hours, some of them may just be zoned out, Hello'ed out, and ready for break or home that still isn't close enough to happening. (Aside from those who just aren't friendly at any hour.)

Sometimes I'll say hi first if they didn't. Those that do and go as far as asking "How are you today?" I'll sometimes also ask how they are. Lord knows anyone stuck doing that junk all day, or anything in retail, prob appreciates a little consideration. I know I do, and I don't envy cashiers... I've got a lot of work in my own hands, some of it crappy, but there are parts of theirs I'd rather not deal with.
Old 08-01-2017, 12:05 PM   #2595
Vegita-San
Emperor

true. I ALWAYS make it a point to say please and thank you especially to fast food vendors.

I can't imagine half the crap those poor people have to put up with all day..especially at the 24 hour stores.

Last edited by Vegita-San; 08-01-2017 at 02:54 PM.
Old 08-01-2017, 01:40 PM   #2596
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

(*sigh*) You have NO idea.....

Old 08-01-2017, 03:35 PM   #2597
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Nurse practitioner didn't come yesterday because she wasn't needed. She called Mom and said that as long as Dad was okay, she didn't need to come over and see him. She did say that his labs showed he was a bit anemic and that he might need to take B12, but she's going to have the regular nurse, Lindsay, take a stool sample and then see the results of that before making the call on whether he needs the B12.

Occupational therapy was supposed to come today, but they didn't. Hope they come sometime this week.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 05:48 PM   #2598
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Finally ran across one of the new Nick Tales figures today- Usagi and his horse! Was the only one on the shelf so I snatched it up. He is really awesome. One of the best figures they have done IMO. They also had the TMNT WWE figures marked down to 9$. They only had Don and Mikey left so if they are still there tomorrow I will pick up both.

Old 08-04-2017, 07:01 PM   #2599
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

This made me happy.

Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 07:10 PM   #2600
snake
Disgusting

I got off my ass and acomplished some of that summer work.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote