The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you think the 2003 series is under-appreciated?
Yes, I do think its under-appreciated 107 88.43%
No, it has enough credit/meh I dont care for it 14 11.57%
Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-16-2017, 02:19 PM   #221
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
TMNT 2k3 isn't the middle child, and it can't be now that there's a 2018 show as well. By this logic the Nick cartoon is also in the "middle child" now.
With Next Mutation being one of the tmnt shows, its still the middle child until the show after Rise comes.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 04:03 PM   #222
CyberCubed
Overlord

The problem with saying something is the "middle child" is assuming everyone started off with the original cartoon, which of course is not the case. Plenty of younger fans watched the 2k3 or Nick shows first.

It's the same thing with Pokemon. For some bizarre reason people assume online everyone began with Gen 1 and Kanto, even though Pokemon has now been going on 20+ years and millions of kids grew up with any of the other gens as their first games/anime seasons instead. Plenty of young teens or 20 year olds I see online today say they started with Hoenn or Sinnoh as their first gens, etc. Yet despite millions of kids getting into pokemon long after the early 2000's, it's wrongly assumed that "everyone started with Gen 1."

I see TMNT has a similar problem, especially with nostalgic older fans who have no concept of it being an evergreen property that attracts new fans every time a new show starts. A lot of the kids/teens who grew up with the Nick cartoon stayed on tumblr or other social media accounts and didn't come here, which is why we didn't get an influx of new users.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 04:06 PM   #223
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
With Next Mutation being one of the tmnt shows, its still the middle child until the show after Rise comes.
Nobody cares about the Next Mutation.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 04:10 PM   #224
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Nobody cares about the Next Mutation.
That is completely irrelevant and doesn't change that 2k3 is still the middle out of all the known tmnt shows.

1987 > Next Mutation > 2k3 > Nick > Rise

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
Old 12-16-2017, 04:11 PM   #225
sdp
-

Because of re-runs, VHS or DVDs and the popularity of the OT and Pokemon Season 1, you'd actually be surprised by how many younger generations who saw the show even though it wasn't "their" generation.

You would think people my age would've been the last people who were part of the OT generation, but many people years later still grew up with the OT, people who were born after turtle mania had died and replaced by Power Rangers.

Same with Pokemon, I used to work for The Pokemon Company International and kids who had not even been born when Gen II was released knew season 1's theme song, characters and episodes.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 04:25 PM   #226
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Because of re-runs, VHS or DVDs and the popularity of the OT and Pokemon Season 1, you'd actually be surprised by how many younger generations who saw the show even though it wasn't "their" generation.

You would think people my age would've been the last people who were part of the OT generation, but many people years later still grew up with the OT, people who were born after turtle mania had died and replaced by Power Rangers.
Very, very true. Another example is the english dub of DragonBall Z, which I remember was having re-runs in the mid/late 2000s and a whole new generation of kids were getting into the franchise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Same with Pokemon, I used to work for The Pokemon Company International and kids who had not even been born when Gen II was released knew season 1's theme song, characters and episodes.
Probably not the best thread to ask this question, but what was it like to work for the Pokemon company? Just intensely curious, since I'm a huge Pokemon fan.

Old 12-16-2017, 05:51 PM   #227
CyberCubed
Overlord

The people who run the english localization of pokemon at TCPI have nothing to do with the anime or games in Japan. They just translate everything into english and produce it in the west.

Nintendo/Gamefreak develop the main games, and OLM partnered with TVTokyo write the anime. You basically have to be Japanese and live in Japan to have anything to do with Pokemon officially where it's made in-house, and not just a dubber in other languages.
Old 12-16-2017, 06:19 PM   #228
sdp
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post

Probably not the best thread to ask this question, but what was it like to work for the Pokemon company? Just intensely curious, since I'm a huge Pokemon fan.
I ran events for TPCi back then Pokemon USA Inc. for the TCG, it was awesome, I would get sent all these cool stuff for the events to give away and some for me to keep as well, I got payed basically for doing fun stuff with the TCG and its events. I technically still do stuff for them but I only work the big international event once a year, usually in June.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 12:17 AM   #229
CyberCubed
Overlord

TMNT 2k3 will never be forgotten, not as long as I am around. I will shout it from the rooftops if I have to. Educate all future TMNT fans who weren't even born when the series was originally airing.

Thank god for the internet. Thank god all 156 episodes and Turtles Forever are uploaded on youtube. Until we get some new DVD releases if it ever happens, at least people can watch it there.

I actually just finished my marathon of the show too. Began Nov.. 6th and finished today. I rewatched all 156 episodes + Turtles Forever + the short specials in the span of a month and a half.
Old 12-17-2017, 12:20 AM   #230
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
TMNT 2k3 will never be forgotten, not as long as I am around. I will shout it from the rooftops if I have to. Educate all future TMNT fans who weren't even born when the series was originally airing.
A scary yet somewhat comforting thought.

Old 12-20-2017, 12:26 PM   #231
dragonside
Hench Mutant

i am hoping that when the right anniversary for the 2k3 comes by:

1) Dvd box set release (maybe in the battle shell packaging?)

With all the promotional shorts, commercials, and interviews

Maybe even blu ray.

2) New wave of Legacy 2k3 toys. I'd totally buy everything.

3) Re-imagining of the TMNT 2003 figures. Kind of like what NECA, Mondo Tees, Playmates (sort of). Have done with ultra show accurate versions.
To be honest the playmates 2k3 toys were pretty damn close. But maybe statues?

4) I'd like to see some figures for the Back to the Sewers Designs because.. we never got a proper release.

5) 2k3 Shredder's REVISED Technodrome.
dragonside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 07:46 AM   #232
k_lala
Hench Mutant

Quote:

Thank god for the internet. Thank god all 156 episodes and Turtles Forever are uploaded on youtube. Until we get some new DVD releases if it ever happens, at least people can watch it there.

I actually just finished my marathon of the show too. Began Nov.. 6th and finished today. I rewatched all 156 episodes + Turtles Forever + the short specials in the span of a month and a half.
You've been screaming and predicting for sure we will get a DVD set for 15 years and it still hasn't happened yet.
k_lala is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2k3 series, channelmadness