The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 11-29-2016, 02:43 AM   #1401
Red Robin
Foot Soldier

I have (once again) a question relating to IDW reprints of the Image Vol. 3 series and Mirage's Vol. 4.
Are there any updates yet if the books are greenlit or if we can expect these books to get reprinted?
Red Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 10:54 AM   #1402
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Nothing to announce at this time, sorry. But we are still aiming to collect that material.
Bobby Curnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 10:59 AM   #1403
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Would you count the Mutanimals as allies of the TMNT since Hob a villain turned anti-hero is their leader or are they a grey area as far as being friends?

Was it always the plan to bring Slash into IDW? I am curious how he came about.
Old 11-29-2016, 02:41 PM   #1404
Erik Burnham
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophie Campbell View Post
Sorry for butting in! I can only speak for myself obviously but another factor in not having one constant artist could be burnout and wanting to do other projects. Personally even if I had no trouble doing 12 issues of TMNT per year on time, I don't think I'd ever commit to that if IDW (or any publisher) were to ask me. Artists need to do different things sometimes.
That's not a perspective that even occurs to most readers, but it's a for-sure factor.

www.burnhamania.com
www.facebook.com/erikburnhamfanpage
www.twitter.com/erikburnham
Erik Burnham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 02:54 PM   #1405
neatoman
Emperor

I can't remember if I asked this before, but what was up with hell (if that's even what it was) in the Shredder micro if reincarnation is a thing?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 03:51 PM   #1406
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

I can't really respond to that as it's both up to interpretation (maybe it was a dream Saki had while he was in the ooze bath, maybe not) and part of the larger unfolding story. But short answer is nothing, life or death, is too clear cut and one sided.
Old 11-29-2016, 03:58 PM   #1407
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
Would you count the Mutanimals as allies of the TMNT since Hob a villain turned anti-hero is their leader or are they a grey area as far as being friends?

Was it always the plan to bring Slash into IDW? I am curious how he came about.
Whoops, missed this one. I would call them complicated allies who don't always see eye to eye.

I can't remember how early we talked about Slash-- I don't think we talked about him at the earliest stages, pre-#1. We were pretty much just thinking of #1-12 then. But I'm sure we started thinking about him very soon thereafter. We started planning year two by the time #4 was out.

In terms of why we introduced him when we did? I think he just worked nicely as both a one-time villain in between Shredder and Krang's first big arcs and a way to begin to develop the mutant cast and what would come to be our Mutanimals. One could say Leatherhead could fit that role from TMNT's supporting cast, but for whatever reason it just seemed to make sense to hold him back for a while longer.
Old 11-29-2016, 10:20 PM   #1408
CyberCubed
Overlord

So as you may know, Usagi Yojimbo will be appearing in a 3-parter in Season 5 of the Nick cartoon. Ciro Nieli confirmed it recently.

Given Nick negotiated with Stan Sakai to allow Usagi to appear in the cartoon, is there any chance he can appear in IDW as well?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 10:31 PM   #1409
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophie Campbell View Post
Sorry for butting in! I can only speak for myself obviously but another factor in not having one constant artist could be burnout and wanting to do other projects. Personally even if I had no trouble doing 12 issues of TMNT per year on time, I don't think I'd ever commit to that if IDW (or any publisher) were to ask me. Artists need to do different things sometimes.
I could see that happening. It happens with a lot of things; even if you love doing something and get paid to do it, it'll eventually start to feel like any other work you have to do. Nevertheless it'd still be cool to have more regular artists on the books, especially artists as good as you and Santolouco .
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 01:53 AM   #1410
Red Robin
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Curnow View Post
Nothing to announce at this time, sorry. But we are still aiming to collect that material.

Thank you for your quick response and the Q&A in general.
I don't think it is a matter of course and I really appreciate it!

I have one more question:
Some time ago there were rumours that the old Image crew would be working on a three part conclusion for the Image series. Can you confirm any plans like this?
I personally think it would be a fantastic idea.

Thank you!
Red Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 02:59 AM   #1411
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
I can't really respond to that as it's both up to interpretation (maybe it was a dream Saki had while he was in the ooze bath, maybe not) and part of the larger unfolding story. But short answer is nothing, life or death, is too clear cut and one sided.
That reminds me, Darius Dun: Hell, Heaven, Reincarnation or "Other"?
Hahahaha!
Old 11-30-2016, 07:17 AM   #1412
neatoman
Emperor

I'll remember to use spoiler tags this time:

Spoiler:
Are Baxter and April going to build MOUSERS to rob banks like the good old days, or is he going to stab her with a nanobot needle?

No but seriously, can we look forward to interesting things coming out of this partnership?
Hahahaha!
Old 11-30-2016, 07:16 PM   #1413
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
So as you may know, Usagi Yojimbo will be appearing in a 3-parter in Season 5 of the Nick cartoon. Ciro Nieli confirmed it recently.

Given Nick negotiated with Stan Sakai to allow Usagi to appear in the cartoon, is there any chance he can appear in IDW as well?
There's certainly a chance, but nothing I can report at this time. I'm sure you guys will know if/whenever it can be announced.
Old 11-30-2016, 07:17 PM   #1414
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Robin View Post
Thank you for your quick response and the Q&A in general.
I don't think it is a matter of course and I really appreciate it!

I have one more question:
Some time ago there were rumours that the old Image crew would be working on a three part conclusion for the Image series. Can you confirm any plans like this?
I personally think it would be a fantastic idea.

Thank you!
I can't confirm it at this time, but it's something we've discussed and would like to see happen in the abstract.
Old 11-30-2016, 07:17 PM   #1415
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
That reminds me, Darius Dun: Hell, Heaven, Reincarnation or "Other"?
My vote is for dirt nap.
Old 11-30-2016, 07:18 PM   #1416
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
I'll remember to use spoiler tags this time:

Spoiler:
Are Baxter and April going to build MOUSERS to rob banks like the good old days, or is he going to stab her with a nanobot needle?

No but seriously, can we look forward to interesting things coming out of this partnership?
I hope so!
Old 12-02-2016, 12:07 PM   #1417
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Of the three active threats per TMNTU's opening arc, we know what Agent Bishop's motives are(at least on the surface). We know what Baxter Stockman's are. yet Lady Null. What is her agenda? If it is something coming up and you cannot divulge then it fine. I do ask however, from what we have seen what does it appear to be?
Old 12-02-2016, 12:39 PM   #1418
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
Of the three active threats per TMNTU's opening arc, we know what Agent Bishop's motives are(at least on the surface). We know what Baxter Stockman's are. yet Lady Null. What is her agenda? If it is something coming up and you cannot divulge then it fine. I do ask however, from what we have seen what does it appear to be?
From what we've seen she is simply trying to monetize mutants. In the Mutanimals mini I believe she talked about creating mutants for deep sea drilling and other things of that nature-- physically dangerous stuff for humans. That's what I remember, at least. Without looking back at those issues, I could be off a bit.

In Universe she had Zodi trying to steal Stockman tech to further those goals.

Obviously, she's not completely human, so there's more to be found out about her.
Old 12-02-2016, 12:42 PM   #1419
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
From what we've seen she is simply trying to monetize mutants. In the Mutanimals mini I believe she talked about creating mutants for deep sea drilling and other things of that nature-- physically dangerous stuff for humans. That's what I remember, at least. Without looking back at those issues, I could be off a bit.

In Universe she had Zodi trying to steal Stockman tech to further those goals.

Obviously, she's not completely human, so there's more to be found out about her.
I suppose she did what the Utrom Shredder did with the mutants he created to search the underground for the utroms in the 2003 cartoon? Resources that have super human capabilities molded for task to benefit her operations not as a henchmen like various Shredders(sans Mirage and 4Kids).
Old 12-03-2016, 12:22 PM   #1420
CyberCubed
Overlord

After the Leo short ends in Universe, can we expect further shorts to be more grounded in reality or with a more cohesive story, or are they all going to be sort of surreal dream sequences with random events happening like the current Leo one?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bobby curnow, idw, idw's tmnt, questions, tom waltz