The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 01-16-2019, 10:12 AM   #1
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Glue for plastic suggestions?

Since we have many figure/toy collectors, customizers, creative sorts, etc., I figured this would be a good group to ask.

I want to fix one of my ornaments, but the parts that need gluing are pretty small and may be nearly impossible to secure in place while a regular glue dries. A super glue of some sort may be the best bet, though I know some (most?) brands/types are ineffective or may damage some plastics. Otherwise, something else that dries and/or bonds fast would be a plus.

The parts that need gluing are just tiny little pegs on the plastic bumper of a Herbie ornament. Found an image online that shows what I'm talking about. (Sorry it's blurry, I cropped and enlarged it.)

Spoiler:

When it broke off, one peg broke off the bumper and stayed with metal car, the other stayed with the bumper...but split at the base and folded over, so I'll also need to secure that straight as well.

A family member recently got a tube of the Krazy Glue Craft glue for something ceramic. It does include plastic in the list, but hesitant to go just trying that at random on the off chance it just ends up making a mess of it since it's so small.

Any thoughts on a product that might be good for this case?
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 08:33 AM   #2
Meow
Stone Warrior

Absolutely epoxy resin. I'm using smooth-on's epoxacast 690 which I'd see suitable here except for its long curing time - depending on how long you can keep parts tight in place until glue (generally spoken) fully cured.
Old 01-17-2019, 09:59 AM   #3
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Thank you! I'll look into that.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote