The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 01-15-2005, 11:38 AM   #21
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZweasel
hogan is my favorite all time wrestler and i dont realy care who he is beating up....that dude just whines about his problems although he is a good heel like i said.

Hogan is a crappy wrestler, don't get me wrong, he's probably the biggest draw in wrestling history, and I'm a Hogan fan, but even I know he could'nt beat the s*it out of anybody younger than him.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 06:54 AM   #22
Leo656
The Franchise

I'unno about all *that*... after standing about a foot away from the guy, and seeing up close how freakishly huge he really is, I'd be willing to bet he could hold his own in a "real" fight against a decent percentage of people. Probably not anyone like, y'know, UFC fighters or anything, but in a "normal" fight I think he'd still do okay. He might be getting up there in age, but he's insanely built and he obviously can take an enormous amount of pain considering he walked and wrestled on a completely destroyed knee for 15 years before finally having surgery on it (if you don't know how bad his knee is, he has no cartilage at all and most of the ligaments, particularly his meniscus, have been almost completely worn away due to all the abuse he's taken in his career), and if that ain't the sign of one tough old bastard I'unno what is.

Plus, I personally know a lotta people even older than Hogan who aren't anywhere near as buff who can kick the crap outta most people. Don't always judge someone by their age, lest you find yourself getting smacked across the face with their cane.

And I wouldn't go so far as to call his wrestling "crappy", either... for his style, he is/was a damn good wrestler. Fans these days are too demanding now that wrestling is "exposed" and people toss around words like "high spot" and "work rate" like it's goin' outta style. Back in MY day, not all wrestlers were expected to conform to one style in order to "not suck". Fans got into a wrestler based on his personality, his look, his finisher, and the way he told a story in the ring, not what they said in an interview or how many flips he could execute before landing a top-rope splash. And as far as telling a story in the ring and getting the fans into the drama and excitement of a match no matter WHO he was wrestling, Hogan is in the elite class alongside guys like Flair, Savage, Sting, Bret, Michaels, and Piper. People didn't get into these guys because they had a clever catchphrase or a hit movie (Rock, I'm looking at YOU), but because they were the best at getting the fans' attention in the ring and actually getting the people in the crowd to forget or just not care that wrestling was fake. And that, to me, is the sign of a "good" wrestler, way more than somebody's "work rate" or how many bumps they take. Ring psychology is so sorely lacking in wrestling these days, and it shows, not only in the in-ring product, but in the fact that people no longer seem interested in soap opera skits and B-level acting by non-union actors. Knock Hogan and guys of his ilk all you want, but things were a lot better during their heyday than they are right now.

Not singling you out or anything dude, just venting a bit about all the Hogan criticism in general that floats around these days. I'm the biggest Hogan mark ever, but even I like to take my shots at him every once in a while. I mean... "Santa With Muscles"? What the F*CK was THAT sh*t???

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 07:29 AM   #23
Anarky
Outlaw Hero

Uhm, to change the subject. I have seen an episode of Poltergeist - the legacy last wednesday. The episode was about some guy's brother who came back from the dead for a "trade". The brother may live if the guy working with the legacy dies. Well, that's the deal. Everybody agreed on that except for the guy. So, there is this HUGE guy playing some sort of soul collector.

I am pretty sure that that guy is a pro wrestler. he wore black leather and had some sort of red glowing sword/dagger-type of thing. Well, anyhow. he fought like a wrestler, walked like a wrestler and, you know, was a wrestler. And yeah, he had tattooed arms. he made a really creepy appearance and knew how to be "demonic".

Does anybody know this guy? Who was that?
Anarky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 07:42 AM   #24
That Matt Guy
Honey Bunches

It was Mark Calaway aka The Undertaker.
That Matt Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 07:57 AM   #25
Anarky
Outlaw Hero

Man, the guy has changed since I last saw him in the early 90ies. Back in the day when wrestling was popular here.
Anarky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 09:15 AM   #26
Barkworm
Super Moderator

And that was really loooong ago. I think I was still in elementary school when we had the big wrestling hype here.
Barkworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 06:05 PM   #27
EZweasel
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656
I'unno about all *that*... after standing about a foot away from the guy, and seeing up close how freakishly huge he really is, I'd be willing to bet he could hold his own in a "real" fight against a decent percentage of people. Probably not anyone like, y'know, UFC fighters or anything, but in a "normal" fight I think he'd still do okay. He might be getting up there in age, but he's insanely built and he obviously can take an enormous amount of pain considering he walked and wrestled on a completely destroyed knee for 15 years before finally having surgery on it (if you don't know how bad his knee is, he has no cartilage at all and most of the ligaments, particularly his meniscus, have been almost completely worn away due to all the abuse he's taken in his career), and if that ain't the sign of one tough old bastard I'unno what is.

Plus, I personally know a lotta people even older than Hogan who aren't anywhere near as buff who can kick the crap outta most people. Don't always judge someone by their age, lest you find yourself getting smacked across the face with their cane.

And I wouldn't go so far as to call his wrestling "crappy", either... for his style, he is/was a damn good wrestler. Fans these days are too demanding now that wrestling is "exposed" and people toss around words like "high spot" and "work rate" like it's goin' outta style. Back in MY day, not all wrestlers were expected to conform to one style in order to "not suck". Fans got into a wrestler based on his personality, his look, his finisher, and the way he told a story in the ring, not what they said in an interview or how many flips he could execute before landing a top-rope splash. And as far as telling a story in the ring and getting the fans into the drama and excitement of a match no matter WHO he was wrestling, Hogan is in the elite class alongside guys like Flair, Savage, Sting, Bret, Michaels, and Piper. People didn't get into these guys because they had a clever catchphrase or a hit movie (Rock, I'm looking at YOU), but because they were the best at getting the fans' attention in the ring and actually getting the people in the crowd to forget or just not care that wrestling was fake. And that, to me, is the sign of a "good" wrestler, way more than somebody's "work rate" or how many bumps they take. Ring psychology is so sorely lacking in wrestling these days, and it shows, not only in the in-ring product, but in the fact that people no longer seem interested in soap opera skits and B-level acting by non-union actors. Knock Hogan and guys of his ilk all you want, but things were a lot better during their heyday than they are right now.

Not singling you out or anything dude, just venting a bit about all the Hogan criticism in general that floats around these days. I'm the biggest Hogan mark ever, but even I like to take my shots at him every once in a while. I mean... "Santa With Muscles"? What the F*CK was THAT sh*t???
amen to everything you said. me and you think alike...i agree and personality is so much more meaningful than wrestling skill..why do you think wrestling sucks so bad these days and is losing ratings so badly.
Old 01-16-2005, 07:00 PM   #28
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZweasel
amen to everything you said. me and you think alike...i agree and personality is so much more meaningful than wrestling skill..why do you think wrestling sucks so bad these days and is losing ratings so badly.

Because Hunter's screwing Stephanie and is'nt elevating anyone?

Becuase everyone knows Bradshaw, despite having a great gimmick, sucks as a wrestler?

Austin and The Rock had BOTH great characteristics and amazing wrestling ability
Old 01-17-2005, 09:51 AM   #29
EZweasel
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo
Because Hunter's screwing Stephanie and is'nt elevating anyone?

Becuase everyone knows Bradshaw, despite having a great gimmick, sucks as a wrestler?

Austin and The Rock had BOTH great characteristics and amazing wrestling ability
i agree, but i think bradshaw is a decent wrestler..but it needs to go back to its roots ala the attitude era, HAlf Gimicks/half kick butt.
Old 01-18-2005, 01:36 AM   #30
Leo656
The Franchise

Anybody else see that "HHH fears Divorce" sign on Raw tonight?

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005, 08:16 AM   #31
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Canada rules

Micheals was booed out of the building...which is always good to hear, and to hear the fan reaction to Christian was...beutiful.

Orton was booed...thank goodness there wrapping this feud up and moving on to Hunter/Batista (although rumours suggest Hunter Orton, and Bastista will main evewnt Wrestlemania in a triple threat match)
Old 01-19-2005, 10:49 AM   #32
KROW
Meat-n-Potatoes Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656
Anybody else see that "HHH fears Divorce" sign on Raw tonight?
That was priceless, absolutely priceless.

Now, can Canada think of another reason to boo Michaels other than the incident in Montreal? For Chrissake even Bret is over it.

And Zarius, if you have such high regard for Canada for booing Shawn, what do you think of them for cheering Hogan? Just asking.

- Optimus Acid Trip - Cult of a Half-Shell - Raiden's Bitter Tongue -
I don't try to be funny; I fail at it naturally.
KROW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 11:06 AM   #33
Peanut
Second Gear

The Bret screwing is all we need to boo Michaels. There doesn't need to be another reason.

Anyways, that was the only part of RAW I've caught in the last 3 weeks. Can someone fill me in on what's going on? What's the big fued happening right now?
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 09:19 AM   #34
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by KROW
And Zarius, if you have such high regard for Canada for booing Shawn, what do you think of them for cheering Hogan? Just asking.

I like Hogan, he's probably the most entertaing wrestler on Earth next to maybye Austin or Rock...I just know he's a crappy wrestler, so I'm fine with Canada cheering a guy who put wrestling on the map.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut
The Bret screwing is all we need to boo Michaels. There doesn't need to be another reason.

Anyways, that was the only part of RAW I've caught in the last 3 weeks. Can someone fill me in on what's going on? What's the big fued happening right now?

Oh sure

Well, it seems they are building up Batista to main event Wrestlemania against Triple H, Orton has become the number one contender and will face Hunter at the Royal Rumble, before moving on to a rumoured match with The Undertaker at Wrestlemania.

Shawn Michales will face Edge at the Rumble as well, this was supposedly going to happen at Wrestlemania, but the company wants to go ahaead wirth Shawn vs Kurt Angle.
Old 01-20-2005, 01:12 PM   #35
ZariusTwo
Overlord

http://www.tbwts.com/101reasons/

Dammn good trailer, the movie will be pretty good.

Konnan: Is BRADSHAW the best you can do as a champion?

That line pretty much said it all

Greatest line in the trailer

New Jack: "TNA is not a Disney attraction, it f*cking ain't"
Old 01-21-2005, 04:52 AM   #36
Peanut
Second Gear

Thanks for the update Zarius.

BTW that was a kick ass trailer. New Jack is hilarious! "B*tch, that ain't my baby!"
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 10:10 AM   #37
KROW
Meat-n-Potatoes Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut
New Jack is hilarious! "B*tch, that ain't my baby!"
I second that.

"I said, 'Look, b*tch. Cocaine is a powerful drug, but it ain't my baby.' "

I also like O'Haire's cursing and Vampiro's lisp.

Old 01-21-2005, 11:28 PM   #38
Jamezer
Foot Soldier

i havent watched wrestling in like 2 years. i wish that it were real, that would be some kind of entertaining!!!

Cartman: "My mom says that there's a lot of black people in Africa"
Jamezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2005, 03:30 PM   #39
KROW
Meat-n-Potatoes Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamezer
i havent watched wrestling in like 2 years. i wish that it were real, that would be some kind of entertaining!!!
It is real, just like breast implants.

Old 01-26-2005, 10:47 PM   #40
ZariusTwo
Overlord

SMACKDOWN is getting axed by U.P.N, which means we either get the same crap on the U.S.A Network, or a live Thursday show on SPIKE TV

Tags
armbar#, silverdome brother, wrestling