The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 04-18-2016, 10:57 PM   #1
tmntscorefan
Mouser

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II Score

Hi TMNT fans. Been a big fan of the Ninja Turtles since I was a kid (in my 40's now). Always loved the scores for the original movies and was always a shame that commercial releases were never available of the scores. A few months ago I was able to obtain some of the scores and I would like to present one of them here for us fans to enjoy. This is not a fan rip with sfx or anything like that.

Hope you enjoy!

Download Score

Last edited by tmntscorefan; 04-18-2016 at 11:30 PM.
tmntscorefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 11:25 PM   #2
Chabrendeki
Hench Mutant

Hey, thanks! What's the key?
Old 04-18-2016, 11:31 PM   #3
tmntscorefan
Mouser

Sorry. I edited the link with the key. So clicking on the link should work now.
tmntscorefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 11:44 PM   #4
alien_ken
Thug

Thanks a lot dude
alien_ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 12:19 AM   #5
Chabrendeki
Hench Mutant

That sounds great! Thanks!
Old 04-19-2016, 01:24 AM   #6
AleXviD
Foot Soldier

That's awesome! Thanks!
AleXviD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 06:22 AM   #7
Raph
Mad Scientist

Wow, that IS awesome!

Hopefully one of the first movie will show up, I'm dying to have the score for that one!
Old 11-08-2016, 02:22 PM   #8
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntscorefan View Post
Hi TMNT fans. Been a big fan of the Ninja Turtles since I was a kid (in my 40's now). Always loved the scores for the original movies and was always a shame that commercial releases were never available of the scores. A few months ago I was able to obtain some of the scores and I would like to present one of them here for us fans to enjoy. This is not a fan rip with sfx or anything like that.

Hope you enjoy!

Download Score

http://i.imgur.com/8rITTQP.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/sl7GLbm.jpg

I've always wanted the full 'master say have fun, FUN' track. that was my favorite remastered theme.

now, if only we cna get the original series music out there 'leaked'. it's amazing how many of my favorite score musics have been gotten this way. from Thundercats to real ghostbusters and now turtles. as well as inspector gadget and he-man.
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 08:48 AM   #9
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
I've always wanted the full 'master say have fun, FUN' track. that was my favorite remastered theme.

now, if only we cna get the original series music out there 'leaked'. it's amazing how many of my favorite score musics have been gotten this way. from Thundercats to real ghostbusters and now turtles. as well as inspector gadget and he-man.
Real Ghostbusters would be great as a soundtrack score. There's so much good stuff to that cartoon's music.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 11:09 AM   #10
sgtfbomb
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
it's amazing how many of my favorite score musics have been gotten this way. from Thundercats to real ghostbusters and now turtles. as well as inspector gadget and he-man.
The music from Real Ghostbusters has leaked? Man, I need to get back in it. My only real source for the leaked stuff is when I occasionally check FFShrine. But they are not the same as they used to be.
sgtfbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 03:40 PM   #11
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache

FFShrine has been more or less dormant in terms of leaks since March 2015... it's a long story.
LLL has two 4CD sets coming out this month - I suppose there's a chance one of them is Du Prez TMNT.
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 04:59 PM   #12
sgtfbomb
Stone Warrior

Quote:
LLL has two 4CD sets coming out this month - I suppose there's a chance one of them is Du Prez TMNT.
That would be awesome! I haven't paid too much attention, since score collecting can be pretty costly and I simply haven't been in the financial place to order from Intrada and LLL. The last one I ordered from either one of them was The Warriors, which I think was back in 2012/2013. I miss FSM's label, as well.

Are they just doing two 4 CD releases or are those simply 2 of the usual 4 Black Friday titles? Of course, I hope the quantities for a TMNT box set would be 3000 to 5000 and hopefully not 2000 or 1500.
Old 11-17-2016, 05:07 PM   #13
TheSkeletonMan939

Two 1-disc, two 4-disc, and one 2-disc.

One of the LLL heads said there were a good bit of 'holy grails' to be found in this Black Friday batch. I don't know about you, but TMNT 1990 is a holy grail of mine! We'll know for sure in ~10 days.

I think Real Ghostbusters is something LLL would like to do too. That might be speculation tho'.
Old 11-18-2016, 11:34 AM   #14
sgtfbomb
Stone Warrior

I'd consider TMNT to be holy grail releases. None of the first four films ever got official score releases apart just one or two tracks on each album.

I'd also these scores are very underrated and over-shadowed by the hip hop and early 90s dance-aerobic songs (though, I do like a few of the songs on each soundtrack). I remember when Kevin Munroe was on here doing a light Q&A for TMNT (2007) and I asked him about there possibly being some homages to the scores from the original trilogy and he said something like "Nah, none of that 90s hip-hop stuff." (Paraphrasing, of course) That was a little too dismissive for my tastes, but apparently what a lot of people remember from those films are Vanilla Ice and MC Hammer.
Old 11-18-2016, 12:03 PM   #15
TheSkeletonMan939

Yeah, I think it's fair to say most people will remember whatever pop songs/source cues are in a film more than the score itself.

In Munroe's defense, TMNT 2007 was a very different beast from the 1990 film, so in a way I'm glad they didn't regress the picture's score for the sake of a musical homage that would go over the heads of most viewers. Badelt's score kicks ass as it is. Plus he was awesome enough to put the full score on his website.

If they really wanted to do a Du Prez reference though the best spot would have been when Mikey is skateboarding down the sewers. Would have been better than the garbage pop song they used in the end.
Old 11-24-2016, 08:51 AM   #16
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSkeletonMan939 View Post

I think Real Ghostbusters is something LLL would like to do too. That might be speculation tho'.
I've asked in the past the various labels whether they'd release soundtrack to 'x' movie or TV show and they always tell me it's possible as long as enough people want it.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 04:11 PM   #17
TheSkeletonMan939

Quote:
Originally Posted by pferreira View Post
I've asked in the past the various labels whether they'd release soundtrack to 'x' movie or TV show and they always tell me it's possible as long as enough people want it.
Well, that's half-true. Labels can express interest in releasing something and try their damnedest to do it, but ultimately it's the decision of the studios (and who knows who else) as to whether that music actually sees the light of day.

There must be five or six companies with their hands in the pie when it comes to the Lord of the Rings complete recordings, for instance, which is why re-releases have been very slow to come.
Old 12-04-2016, 10:32 AM   #18
sgtfbomb
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by pferreira View Post
Every time I or another person does that, there are a crowd of people whining and saying that we need to enjoy the scores they have released.

As an aside, I really want that Jurassic Park release, but I am waiting to get paid for the edit I just turned in. Meanwhile, all the JP fans have started pushing it. I am afraid it is going to get snatched up by people who simply want it to collect dust on their shelves. I seem to recall both Hook and 1941 selling out before I could get them. Same situation.
Old 12-19-2016, 06:38 AM   #19
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist

That's a bummer. I hope it gets released in the near future.
Sabacooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 03:00 AM   #20
Skywarp82
Random Punk

Awesome!!!

Wow.. So awesome.. Thanks alot man.. Please release the 3rd score and the rest of the 2nd if you can..

I'll be doing some custom front covers for people who wants them..

https://www.facebook.com/groups/shellraisersoundtracks/
Skywarp82 is offline   Reply With Quote