The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 05-29-2015, 10:16 AM   #41
Panda_Kahn_fan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCollector View Post
Speaking of the idea of Dragonlord appearing, am I the only one who thinks this might be him in the Pantheon shot in 46.

http://i61.tinypic.com/mvgokg.jpg

Def looks Dragonlike what with all the horns.
It looked more oni-like to me, but I'd love it if that is Dragonlord!

IDW is the best version of TMNT

If they make a TMNT reboot movie retelling the shredder battle/origin, I won't buy a ticket.
Panda_Kahn_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 12:49 PM   #42
TomWaltz
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

IDW's TMNT needs more cowbell!

Talk soon...

Tom W.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 57504954.jpg (25.4 KB, 10 views)
TomWaltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 01:54 PM   #43
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomWaltz View Post

Talk soon...

Tom W.
It's the only prescription...
Old 05-29-2015, 02:07 PM   #44
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:

Talk soon...

Tom W.
You have been watching my post too much, Mr. Waltz!

Hope you are getting a kick out of this because some of it will be in print by the end of the year.
Old 05-29-2015, 03:48 PM   #45
PangolinFeets
Mad Scientist

Quote:

Talk soon...

Tom W.
If there isn't more cowbell in the future of TMNT, I will lose all faith in the creative team.
PangolinFeets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 07:01 AM   #46
2K3
Foot Soldier

It's been a while since anyone's written ideas down for future IDW characters/ stories. So after re-reading old stories and looking at upcoming stories, and with the 75th issue coming soon, I've come up with the following:

Story Ideas
  • A proper City at War story-line. Not to say "Cityfall" wasn't close, but it was more of a "Shredder Strikes Back/ Silent Partner" re imaging! I want to see not just the Foot Clan battling over territory, but the Purple Dragons, the Street Phantoms etc. And bring back characters like Mob Boss Antonio, the Skara Brae group and the corrupt cops (been a while since we've seen them).
  • A division in Hob's Mutanimal gang. Considering what's been happening with Hob lately, I feel like the cracks in the Mighty Mutanimal gang are starting to show. Slash was one, but now I want to see who's really loyal to the one-eyed cat and who really can't agree with his way of thinking.
  • More Madame Null!!! Don't get me wrong, I like the teasing of her character (similar to the Archie counterpart), but I hoping for a really interesting story arc with her in.
  • Adaptations of "Shades of Grey" (Casey's biggest Mirage character arc deserves to be re-explored in IDW), "The Future Shark Trilogy"/"Same as it Never Was" (want to see a really dark future storyline) "Terracide" (scaled back a bit, don't want all the Mutanimals to die) and (hopefully not for a good long while) the Death of Splinter story.

Future Characters
  • VERNON FENWICK: Investigative Journalist of "The New York Post"; he writes about the weird and unexplained goings-on in the Big Apple (such as mysterious creature sightings, and talk of mysterious gangs that vanish in the blink of an eye). He soon begins to see a pattern in these events, which soon lead him into a meeting with April, Casey, Angel and 4 mysterious green creatures...
  • GENERAL BLANQUE: Supreme commander of the Neutrino military and Commander Dask's superior officer. Though loyal to the Royal family, Blanque has a very "Might makes right" attitude, believing the end always justify the means.
  • SCUMBUG: A former janitor at Null Group. However, when he stumbled on something he shouldn't have seen, Madame Null decided to make an example out of him. Mutated into the one thing he hates (a cockroach), Scumbug must do dirty deals for Madame Null, being promised to be given a "cure" when he's "paid his debt".
  • WINGNUT: A mutant "Lesser short-nosed fruit bat" created at Null Group. Constantly tired and bored, he'll take any job from Madame Null as long as it's fun. When he's not running errands, he's munching on mangoes and sleeping (well he is a bat).
  • THE PUNK FROGS: With the introduction of Pantheon member Toad Baron, it’d be interesting if he had these boys as his muscle.
  • And finally TRICERATON members Prime Member Zanramon, Commander Mozar and Traximus… NUFF SAID!!!
2K3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 11:40 AM   #47
CyberCubed
Overlord

Heh, Cylon got most of what he wanted when he posted this back in 2015:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
My own personal wishlist for what I really want to see in future storylines of TMNT:
[*]Leatherhead (I think I speak for us all)
Appeared. Will be recurring.

Quote:
[*]Agent Bishop
Debuted, and is the next main villain of the series.

Quote:
[*]Mikey and the Mutanimals
Issues #53-55 was exactly this, you got what you wanted.

Quote:
[*]A follow-up to Mikey's micro-issue "The Dresden Heist" in some form or fashion (it's the only issue of IDW's TMNT to not be connected to the overarching story in any way)
Well Kara Lewis returned.

Quote:
[*]Raphael and Old Hob forced to work together for a mission
Well we've seen Hob work with all the Turtles, and Raph and Hob butted heads on their missions but worked together nonetheless.

Quote:
[*]Some form of adapting some part of The Next Mutation (if IDW can adapt the Mighty Mutanimals and Donny's death and cyborgification, they can spin gold out of TNM's straw, too)
Nothing from Next Mutation yet, although if Shredder comes back as a Dragon then it's more or less similar to Dragon Lord.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 11:49 AM   #48
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Heh, Cylon got most of what he wanted when he posted this back in 2015...

Nothing from Next Mutation yet, although if Shredder comes back as a Dragon then it's more or less similar to Dragon Lord.
I just need some Next Mutation love in IDW, and I can die happy.
Old 07-12-2017, 11:50 AM   #49
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2K3 View Post
It's been a while since anyone's written ideas down for future IDW characters/ stories. So after re-reading old stories and looking at upcoming stories, and with the 75th issue coming soon, I've come up with the following:

Story Ideas
  • A proper City at War story-line. Not to say "Cityfall" wasn't close, but it was more of a "Shredder Strikes Back/ Silent Partner" re imaging! I want to see not just the Foot Clan battling over territory, but the Purple Dragons, the Street Phantoms etc. And bring back characters like Mob Boss Antonio, the Skara Brae group and the corrupt cops (been a while since we've seen them).
  • A division in Hob's Mutanimal gang. Considering what's been happening with Hob lately, I feel like the cracks in the Mighty Mutanimal gang are starting to show. Slash was one, but now I want to see who's really loyal to the one-eyed cat and who really can't agree with his way of thinking.
  • More Madame Null!!! Don't get me wrong, I like the teasing of her character (similar to the Archie counterpart), but I hoping for a really interesting story arc with her in.
  • Adaptations of "Shades of Grey" (Casey's biggest Mirage character arc deserves to be re-explored in IDW), "The Future Shark Trilogy"/"Same as it Never Was" (want to see a really dark future storyline) "Terracide" (scaled back a bit, don't want all the Mutanimals to die) and (hopefully not for a good long while) the Death of Splinter story.

Future Characters
  • VERNON FENWICK: Investigative Journalist of "The New York Post"; he writes about the weird and unexplained goings-on in the Big Apple (such as mysterious creature sightings, and talk of mysterious gangs that vanish in the blink of an eye). He soon begins to see a pattern in these events, which soon lead him into a meeting with April, Casey, Angel and 4 mysterious green creatures...
  • GENERAL BLANQUE: Supreme commander of the Neutrino military and Commander Dask's superior officer. Though loyal to the Royal family, Blanque has a very "Might makes right" attitude, believing the end always justify the means.
  • SCUMBUG: A former janitor at Null Group. However, when he stumbled on something he shouldn't have seen, Madame Null decided to make an example out of him. Mutated into the one thing he hates (a cockroach), Scumbug must do dirty deals for Madame Null, being promised to be given a "cure" when he's "paid his debt".
  • WINGNUT: A mutant "Lesser short-nosed fruit bat" created at Null Group. Constantly tired and bored, he'll take any job from Madame Null as long as it's fun. When he's not running errands, he's munching on mangoes and sleeping (well he is a bat).
  • THE PUNK FROGS: With the introduction of Pantheon member Toad Baron, it’d be interesting if he had these boys as his muscle.
  • And finally TRICERATON members Prime Member Zanramon, Commander Mozar and Traximus… NUFF SAID!!!
Seems mostly fine but the pitches for Scumbug and Wingnut would grind against continuity, even if it was a part of time travel and universe splitting. We don't really want a scenario where multiple unrelated versions of the same characters exist, do we?

As for Vernon, it's not a bad idea. But as petty as this is to say, I'd rather want Charles Pennington, Kurtzman or Tyler's mom than Vernon. I realise you're essentially suggesting Vernon in name only, he doesn't seem to have anything in common with either the FW or PD versions aside from the journalist angle, but I don't want to see this particular character return in any form.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 12:03 PM   #50
CyberCubed
Overlord

Scumbug and Wingnut/Screwloose debuted in the Bebop/Rocksteady Destroy Everything mini. It's just that they got background cameos that people forgot they existed. They really need to give them an issue at some point.
Old 07-12-2017, 12:08 PM   #51
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I've brought this up before several times, but...we need some mothers that aren't canned/unmentioned. I think the Pantheon Mother (Phoenix?) might be coming along somewhere down the line, but April's mother is basically the only one that's been in the main story. Karai's mother was in her mini, but barely. Queen Gizzla only had three lines of dialogue.

Besides Phoenix, Krang is the only one I can think of who would have a mother that's alive. Maybe even Stockman's. But Krang's would be more likely, maybe as one of the survivors on Burnow. I even doodled one concept for art to give to Kevin Eastman...which probably means that edition of her character won't appear, but that's just version #3 I've had
Old 07-12-2017, 01:41 PM   #52
BlueBandana
Foot Soldier

Personally, I'd like to see less crossovers, Fred Wolf-y stuff, or anything to do with the Pantheon, it's all a real bore. For me, the series over the past year or so seems to have sidelined the turtles, so I'd like more TMNT-only stories: no humans, mutants, or other peripherals, just the four brothers.
BlueBandana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 01:58 PM   #53
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBandana View Post
For me, the series over the past year or so seems to have sidelined the turtles, so I'd like more TMNT-only stories: no humans, mutants, or other peripherals, just the four brothers.
I don't really get this, the Turtles have to have villains to interact with unless you just want slice of life stuff with nothing really happening. Turtles interact with heroes and villains in every series, they're not overshadowed.
Old 07-12-2017, 02:00 PM   #54
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
I don't really get this, the Turtles have to have villains to interact with unless you just want slice of life stuff with nothing really happening. Turtles interact with heroes and villains in every series, they're not overshadowed.
IF BlueBandana meant fewer appearances by the supporting cast (e.g. April, Casey, Angel, Alopex, Mutanimals, Jennika, Harold, Woody...) I could absolutely get behind that.

But IDW is never going to spin off an ongoing Mutanimals series, so I'm totally okay with the series evolving into a TMNT/Mutanimals ongoing every once in awhile.
Old 07-12-2017, 02:05 PM   #55
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

It seems like a lot of the Mutanimals stuff is going into TMNT Universe. Which I think is the best course of action, personally
Old 07-12-2017, 02:08 PM   #56
BlueBandana
Foot Soldier

Quote:
I don't really get this, the Turtles have to have villains to interact with
The IDW series isn't exactly drowning in original characters in its 130+ issue run. I'd like new villains.
BlueBandana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 04:00 PM   #57
2K3
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Seems mostly fine but the pitches for Scumbug and Wingnut would grind against continuity, even if it was a part of time travel and universe splitting. We don't really want a scenario where multiple unrelated versions of the same characters exist, do we?

As for Vernon, it's not a bad idea. But as petty as this is to say, I'd rather want Charles Pennington, Kurtzman or Tyler's mom than Vernon. I realise you're essentially suggesting Vernon in name only, he doesn't seem to have anything in common with either the FW or PD versions aside from the journalist angle, but I don't want to see this particular character return in any form.
Dang; Keep forgetting Wingnut and Scumbug showed up in "Bebop and Rocksteady Destroy Everything"!

I admit I thought of Vernon due to his re-imaginings in the PD films. I wanted to pull in out of his cowardly persona from the 80s. Out of the ones you chose, I'd definitely agree with Pennington (considering his appearances in the Mirage Comics).
2K3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 04:12 PM   #58
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2K3 View Post
I admit I thought of Vernon due to his re-imaginings in the PD films. I wanted to pull in out of his cowardly persona from the 80s.
It's definitely not IDW's responsibility to redeem Fred Wolf supporting characters. Nor should it be.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 04:21 PM   #59
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

There really isn't even any room for the Channel 6 characters anyway. What role could they possibly have at this point? I can see some kind of shoutout, maybe where they're watching the news and Vernon and Irma are anchors/reports as an easter egg, but as third-tier characters, they'd get crowded.
Old 07-14-2017, 09:18 AM   #60
DisKosh
Foot Soldier

I'd like to see a crossover with the 1987 series Beauty and the Beast... now onto the serious stuff:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PangolinFeets View Post
That being said, I'd really enjoy more exploration of the interactions of mutants vs. the rest of the world. I kept thinking that Hob beefing up his 'mutant army' was going to lead to a kind of mutant civil war. I know the turtles are ninja and fight in the shadows unseen, but they expose themselves when they need too. It'd be cool to see how they'd deal with police if they couldn't get away. Would they get arrested or shipped off to a lab? Would there be a social movement to create equality for mutants? (Which it looks like kinda happens at the end of Turtles in Time, uhh, to a degree...).
I may just be being a pol-sci/law nerd here, but I think the legal rights of mutants being explored would be cool. It was always one of my favorite aspects of X-Men. (But probably too boring to make a story that would appeal to all ages here. At least not how I imagine it.)
I really love that idea! I know this isn't the same thing but in vol. 4 of the Mirage comics, one of my favourite elements was how society changed as a result of alien contact. It would be truly fascinating and I'd love the turtles try to balance having a normal life while trying to do well, everything else they usually do and having to deal with more open discrimination.

Quote:
I agree, although I wouldn't mind if they were if it was a good story.

Things I'd love to see:
-Shadow Jones, perhaps instead of being Casey's daughter, she could be his cousin or something like that. As long as she's adopted into the TMNT family.
-Utroms!!! Utrom culture, Obligado, Utrom popular culture, everything Utrom!
-Leatherhead finding a friend. Preferably a mother figure, preferably an Utrom, it would be hard to get there but it would be so lovely.
DisKosh is offline   Reply With Quote