The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 11-21-2014, 06:28 PM   #41
Bloodsucker
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netkeeper View Post

You didn't read a word I said, did you?
I read what you wrote to me, but I don't know the response you gave me didn't make sense.
Bloodsucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 06:45 PM   #42
PangolinFeets
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
And just today news broke that the artist and co-creator of one of my favorite new comics, "The Rat Queens," was arrested for domestic abuse.

http://www.themarysue.com/rat-queens...omestic-abuse/

Damnation.
My faves really ARE problematic.
This was really devastating for me. I actually hung out with Roc and shared drinks with him on a few occasions. I felt sick after this news broke. I knew I couldn't support RQ after reading his ex-wife's blog. It was really upsetting.

However, Wiebe announced earlier today that Upchurch is no long illustrating RQ.
PangolinFeets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 07:07 PM   #43
Dirty Blond
Stone Warrior

If this is true, then I can no longer support Bill Cosby:

Dirty Blond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 07:13 PM   #44
Jephael
That whack job behind you

I remember when I first watched the Naked Gun films long after the O.J. Simpson trial, it felt a little weird watching him and getting attached to the character he portrayed, but at the same time the silliness of the movie itself had me so disconnected from reality to the point I kinda forgot about it because I was enjoying the story.

www.jephael.com
Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 07:26 PM   #45
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodsucker View Post
I read what you wrote to me, but I don't know the response you gave me didn't make sense.
Uh, no hun, you're the one that's not making any sense.
Old 11-21-2014, 07:51 PM   #46
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 08:09 PM   #47
DarkFell
A Crusty Bob Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Blond View Post
If this is true, then I can no longer support Bill Cosby:

http://i.imgur.com/socD86K.jpg
That news fail image is so epic it's almost a win.

~ John Adams

Last edited by DarkFell; 11-21-2014 at 08:22 PM.
DarkFell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 08:14 PM   #48
turtlefanforever
Foot Elite

nah

if it's quality work you can't take that away from them. Doesn't mean I have to like the person that did such work.
turtlefanforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 08:25 PM   #49
Bloodsucker
Banned

Quote:
I don't think so, but maybe you misunderstand many things? There are too many alarmist rants here. Deconstruct what was said and why in his twitter.

I still think maybe you all have him wrong. As a woman, I get his wife and it seems like if he was the guy you think he is she would have left him.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_5488933.html

If you watch Orange is the new Black, or any movie of him, it is clear he makes fun of men every chance he gets.

I think he is a Liberal who does not like the conservative party, because they are often oppressive.

I think most of you only read the headlines and assumed.
Bloodsucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 09:14 PM   #50
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
I was hoping somebody would make that joke.

Quote:
I don't think so, but maybe you misunderstand many things? There are too many alarmist rants here. Deconstruct what was said and why in his twitter.

I still think maybe you all have him wrong. As a woman, I get his wife and it seems like if he was the guy you think he is she would have left him.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_5488933.html

If you watch Orange is the new Black, or any movie of him, it is clear he makes fun of men every chance he gets.

I think he is a Liberal who does not like the conservative party, because they are often oppressive.

I think most of you only read the headlines and assumed.
Okay, now I'm convinced you had no idea what I said.
Old 11-21-2014, 09:23 PM   #51
slashpieturtlemix
Mad Scientist

No idea what this is about any more...........

Youtube channel that talks about TMNT, Gundam, Pumpkin Plants, Finances, G I Joe, Transformers and move: https://www.youtube.com/user/hkohles1

https://www.ebay.com/usr/kohlesgoods

https://www.facebook.com/hkohles1
slashpieturtlemix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 11:44 PM   #52
pennydreadful
trash

Quote:
He shouldn't offend the Christians. They know how people should be treated. They have this saying "Judge not, lest ye be judged yourself." I think that means everyone should be held to the same standards, or something.
There is no way anyone would want their personal accounts to be used against them, or their livelihood. That would be unfair, wouldn't it? The Christians must be on his side.

Just a heads-up, it's against house rules to bring up religion. It always ends up in a fight and the mods end up having to get called in for clean-up.

You're new so you probably weren't to know, but yeah - it's kind of one of those "out of bounds" topics.

Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
pennydreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 12:51 AM   #53
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

Also, it has nothing to do with anything. It's just there to piss people off.
Old 11-22-2014, 04:56 PM   #54
Leo656
The Franchise

In the case of Biggs, I will say AGAIN as I have said many times that if you are a public figure you CAN be taken to task, reprimanded, or even fired for things you say on your Twitter, FB, etc., because companies are accountable to their shareholders and their customers. I'm similarly hamstrung due to my wrestling commitments; I am not FORCED to say or not-say anything BUT it's entirely understood that any and all wrestling promotions can fire me OR not book me if they don't like anything I (or even my wife) say online. Because you are Representing Your Company even on your own time. MOST jobs now have something like this in place, as we've all read many times in recent years about people getting fired from their "normal" jobs because of their FB posts. I could theoretically get fired from my gym job over something like that, we have an "at-will" agreement meaning it could be theoretically terminated for any or no reason, say for example, if I said I didn't like it there or even talked too enthusiastically on FB about a different gym. Seems trivial, but technically, they'd be within their rights to let me go. That's life. Play By The Rules.

Did Biggs actually get fired from Nick because of the things he said? It probably had a little more to it than that but I promise that it did NOT help. And if he was fired, Nick were 100% within their rights to do so. I would not be at all surprised if, prior to being hired for the role, Biggs had to sign some kind of "Morality Clause" stating he could be let go for certain behaviors that don't correlate to working on a Kids' show, because again, that's a standard thing anymore.

So, yeah, Not Being A Douche has become a job requirement. It may seem unfair to some, but there's nothing unethical about it and it happens every day. It's not unfair, people could just choose NOT to be douches.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 07:29 PM   #55
Jephael
That whack job behind you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Not Being A Douche has become a job requirement. It may seem unfair to some, but there's nothing unethical about it and it happens every day. It's not unfair, people could just choose NOT to be douches.
I'd love to see that on a billboard somewhere!!!

www.jephael.com
Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 07:42 PM   #56
slashpieturtlemix
Mad Scientist

Quote:
In the case of Biggs, I will say AGAIN as I have said many times that if you are a public figure you CAN be taken to task, reprimanded, or even fired for things you say on your Twitter, FB, etc., because companies are accountable to their shareholders and their customers. I'm similarly hamstrung due to my wrestling commitments; I am not FORCED to say or not-say anything BUT it's entirely understood that any and all wrestling promotions can fire me OR not book me if they don't like anything I (or even my wife) say online. Because you are Representing Your Company even on your own time. MOST jobs now have something like this in place, as we've all read many times in recent years about people getting fired from their "normal" jobs because of their FB posts. I could theoretically get fired from my gym job over something like that, we have an "at-will" agreement meaning it could be theoretically terminated for any or no reason, say for example, if I said I didn't like it there or even talked too enthusiastically on FB about a different gym. Seems trivial, but technically, they'd be within their rights to let me go. That's life. Play By The Rules.

Did Biggs actually get fired from Nick because of the things he said? It probably had a little more to it than that but I promise that it did NOT help. And if he was fired, Nick were 100% within their rights to do so. I would not be at all surprised if, prior to being hired for the role, Biggs had to sign some kind of "Morality Clause" stating he could be let go for certain behaviors that don't correlate to working on a Kids' show, because again, that's a standard thing anymore.

So, yeah, Not Being A Douche has become a job requirement. It may seem unfair to some, but there's nothing unethical about it and it happens every day. It's not unfair, people could just choose NOT to be douches.
I got a quote from a book that reminds me of this:

"Ah, my poor boy! You can't fight fate- did I neglect to teach you that? People cannot choose where, when, and into what conditions they are born. From the moment of birth, each person... must live on life's terms. The world is cruel. But that's only natural." -Desty Nova (Battle Angel Alita)

Youtube channel that talks about TMNT, Gundam, Pumpkin Plants, Finances, G I Joe, Transformers and move: https://www.youtube.com/user/hkohles1

https://www.ebay.com/usr/kohlesgoods

https://www.facebook.com/hkohles1
slashpieturtlemix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 03:46 PM   #57
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Quote:

Well, said, Leo. I couldn't have said it better myself. I get so sick of people acting like they can say and do whatever they want when that's really not the case. Freedom of Speech only protects you from government persecution meaning that you can say what you want without the government penalizing you. But anyone else is fair game for that depending on your comments or actions. That's just the way life is, and if you think that you can say and do whatever you want just because you have the supposed freedom to do so, you better take a change of heart with that one or you may find yourself on the unemployment line. That's one of the reasons my mom never posted anything on Facebook because she knew she could get in trouble if she did that due to her job. She probably could do it now, but she chooses not to because she's not that type of person.

Just remember: No one gets to do whatever they want. There are rules everywhere whether you like it or not.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 04:15 PM   #58
shuriken
Second City Shinobi

Jeeez
I have to separate Art from the Artist unless of course the Art is an open stament about something I guess?
Like certain musicians giving their accounts of life events and experiences then knowing the context of the song is extremely helpful and sometimes gives a certain song more meaning or weight, thus making the artist more relatable and I enjoy it more. Like the Clash.
In Bigg's case and in many other actor's cases I have to separate the art from the artist. In a lot of bands and books and stuff I have to because the more I know about someone the more likely there is going to be a fundamental difference in terms of beliefs. And like some of you have said some things are simply deal breakers.
Sean Penn might be one of my fave actors but the man tied up and beat Madonna for what some people say were hours.
Take Floyd Mayweather for example. He comes off as an arrogant a-hole that disrespects his father, his opponents, contemporaries and has beaten up on a women before. As a person I feel he's not that great, kind of a terrible person to be honest. As a boxer however he's one of the best. He's a damn adaptability machine. He takes his opponent's weakness and exploits them more than Kris Jenner exploits her children. Point I'm trying to make is I have to overlook some terrible things that people do or else I won't be able to enjoy anything. Hell I've done some things that aren't great but it's a part of being human. Never beat on a woman or anything like that but still.
Old 12-03-2014, 05:22 PM   #59
FoxBoxKid
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
Well, said, Leo. I couldn't have said it better myself. I get so sick of people acting like they can say and do whatever they want when that's really not the case. Freedom of Speech only protects you from government persecution meaning that you can say what you want without the government penalizing you. But anyone else is fair game for that depending on your comments or actions. That's just the way life is, and if you think that you can say and do whatever you want just because you have the supposed freedom to do so, you better take a change of heart with that one or you may find yourself on the unemployment line. That's one of the reasons my mom never posted anything on Facebook because she knew she could get in trouble if she did that due to her job. She probably could do it now, but she chooses not to because she's not that type of person.

Just remember: No one gets to do whatever they want. There are rules everywhere whether you like it or not.
You think people shouldn't be able to say whatever they want? If someone says something you don't like, you can just walk away or ignore them. No one's forcing anyone to listen. And you shouldn't be fired for something you do off the job. That's just ridiculous.
a person who enjoys the 1980s animated series, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, but erroneously believes that no other incarnation of the franchise can possibly compare to the cherished cartoon of their childhood, often expressing their opinion in an obnoxious manner.
Example:
"Cowabunglers and their absurd narrow-mindedness regarding Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles really get on my nerves."
FoxBoxKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 06:27 PM   #60
pennydreadful
trash

There are limits though, Fox - that's what people are saying. You can't walk into an airport and start talking about bombs without there being a reaction to that, and consequences.

You wouldn't walk up to a Chinese person, call him a "chink" and then expect for him not to be offended.

You wouldn't walk into a maternity ward and start cracking jokes about dead babies without expecting to get the stink-eye.

I'm a fan of dark humor and people have the right to say what they like (however odious), but you can't expect people to not react, or for there not to be consequences. That's part of living in a society - you are required to consider other peoples' feelings. When you don't display empathy, then yeah, peoples' opinions of you are going to be altered.

It's basic 'cause and effect'. People don't exist in a vacuum. You may have the constitutional right to say whatever you like, but that doesn't mean that there aren't still consequences. You can't expect the rest of the world to change to accommodate antisocial behavior. It doesn't work that way.

If someone sounds off about hating black people, he has that freedom of speech - however, he cannot then complain when people are offended. He cannot complain if people choose not to endorse or support him.

Simply put, if you act like a rude d*ckhead, don't expect the rest of the world to stand around glad-handing you - because it's not going to happen. The world isn't a Seth McFarlane tv series. Part of being a grown-up is realizing that you cannot, in fact, do whatever you like without there being some repercussions.

Now let's all stop talking about Biggs - it's starting to turn into dead horse territory.

Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
pennydreadful is offline   Reply With Quote