The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 09-25-2017, 04:36 PM   #2961
ToTheNines
[sic]

Because they suck and don't care about this show anymore. Could be worse, though.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 05:38 PM   #2962
newhire13
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
It's because the Kraang are gone.

Kraangs subprime was also trapped in the Turtle Prime universe, and knowing how violent those Turtles are portrayed every time we see them, he obviously would not last long there before they killed him and turned him into chewing gum.
Obviously, at some point, they come back. Its not like they haven't thought they defeated the Kraang before only for them to show up again. When you have an enemy that comes from outside time and space, its a good chance they'll be hard to beat.
newhire13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 05:40 PM   #2963
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by newhire13 View Post
Obviously, at some point, they come back. Its not like they haven't thought they defeated the Kraang before only for them to show up again. When you have an enemy that comes from outside time and space, its a good chance they'll be hard to beat.
But Kraang Prime controlled them all. If it's gone, there's no reason to think more Utroms got mind controlled by it.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 06:33 PM   #2964
matteso586
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Because they suck and don't care about this show anymore. Could be worse, though.
Or they just want to promote some racing event.
matteso586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 07:21 PM   #2965
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by matteso586 View Post
Or they just want to promote some racing event.
one of the reasons why i feared a buy out. TMNT would get buried for bigger properties....sigh..
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 07:35 PM   #2966
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
one of the reasons why i feared a buy out. TMNT would get buried for bigger properties....sigh..
Which...didn't happen, since you know they just greenlit a brand new TMNT cartoon before the current one even ended.

What on earth are you talking about?
Old 09-25-2017, 09:42 PM   #2967
newhire13
Hench Mutant

Quote:
But Kraang Prime controlled them all. If it's gone, there's no reason to think more Utroms got mind controlled by it.
Then he's probably not dead either. I mean look at it lol. It looks like every other Kraang weapon, has a Kraang symbol and does exactly what the Kraang have been trying to do all along lol. But yeah, believe whatever makes you feel better.
newhire13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 09:53 PM   #2968
CyberCubed
Overlord

As I said, I just think it's a fail-safe doomsday device activated on its own at a certain time. I seriously doubt the Kraang wanted to destroy the Earth, they wanted to terraform it into Dimension X, this wouldn't be their doing.

Likewise we would have seen remains of them in the finale, or a scattered tribe of Kraang still on the Earth, we saw nothing like that. The Turtles quite literally didn't mention a single thing about any Kraang.
Old 09-25-2017, 10:41 PM   #2969
mrmaczaps
Banned

Aren't there a couple more episodes to air? The other 87 crossover and the Mutants vs Monsters thing? And then the series finale? Or did they pull the plug on airing those?
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 10:56 PM   #2970
Vicky82
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmaczaps View Post
Aren't there a couple more episodes to air? The other 87 crossover and the Mutants vs Monsters thing? And then the series finale? Or did they pull the plug on airing those?
Yeah the 1st 2 episodes of the monster arc are airing tomorrow on Nicktoons.

Don't know when the other 2 are airing

The crossover arc is airing on Nickelodeon on November 12th as a 90 min final
special

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 10:56 PM   #2971
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
As I said, I just think it's a fail-safe doomsday device activated on its own at a certain time. I seriously doubt the Kraang wanted to destroy the Earth, they wanted to terraform it into Dimension X, this wouldn't be their doing.

Likewise we would have seen remains of them in the finale, or a scattered tribe of Kraang still on the Earth, we saw nothing like that. The Turtles quite literally didn't mention a single thing about any Kraang.
I'm pretty sure theres no doubt about the Kraang being the culprits.

Only the Kraang use Mutagen as a weapon in the show, they discovered it after all by Milking Kraang worms.

The flashback even shows the Mutagen Bomb actually being a technodrome.

My rough guess is that the Turtles had almost defeated the Kraang, who out of frustration resorted to a last ditch suicide attack, unleashed all of their Mutagen filled technodromes on Earth to explode and destroy the planet.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 11:22 PM   #2972
Allio
Foot Elite

Quote:
officially those are already out with the dvd
Old 09-25-2017, 11:30 PM   #2973
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
Yeah the 1st 2 episodes of the monster arc are airing tomorrow on Nicktoons.

Don't know when the other 2 are airing

The crossover arc is airing on Nickelodeon on November 12th as a 90 min final
special
Well at lest the crossover goes on Nickleodeon, still DVD's out. I wonder if they hadn't planned to switch the finale until after they decided to release the DVD.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 03:00 PM   #2974
mrmaczaps
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allio View Post
officially those are already out with the dvd
Only way I'm getting any of this series on DVD is in a box set. I wasn't born yesterday and I don't purchase tv shows in pieces.
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 03:23 PM   #2975
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Only way I'm getting any of this series on DVD is in a box set. I wasn't born yesterday and I don't purchase tv shows in pieces.
If only Nickelodeon releases them on Bluray.
Old 09-26-2017, 06:16 PM   #2976
xandrea7
New Recruit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Actually, Nickelodeon considers "Wanted: Bebop and Rocksteady" to be the true series finale so they are airing that last on Nickelodeon, not NickToons.

TMNT Real Finale.jpg

And they are officially relegating the Mutant Apocalypse episodes to non canon status despite Ciro's wishes. (Although to be fair, he says he wanted that as the ending just to prevent anyone else from touching his stuff.)

MA.jpg

Take this info as you will.

EDIT: A quote, mistakenly attributed to Brandon Auman was removed. It was a comment by an unnamed writer on the show. Sorry for the confusion.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg brandonauman.jpg (19.8 KB, 36 views)

Last edited by xandrea7; 09-28-2017 at 05:42 PM.
xandrea7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 06:21 PM   #2977
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by xandrea7 View Post
Actually, Nickelodeon consideres "Wanted: Bebop and Rocksteady" to be the true series finale so they are airing that last on Nickelodeon, not NickToons.

Attachment 11543

And they are officially relegating the Mutant Apocalypse episodes to non canon status despite Ciro's wishes. (Although to be fair, he says he wanted that as the ending just to prevent anyone else from touching his stuff.)

Attachment 11544

And to further muddy the waters, Brandon Auman claims that, except for the Kavaxas arc, Season 5 is only sort of canon.

Attachment 11545

Take this info as you will.
I call bull on that last one. it's pretty clear it's the continuing adventures of the story. sounds like back peddling to help explain why nick doesn't want apocolypse as an official story. probably for the same reason most here don't like it, is that it was dark, depressing, and made the whole series seem kind of pointless. but, as an alternate universe tale as what 'COULD' happen, it makes it a little more interesting to peak into an alternate universe.

And to be fair.....it's not really ciro's stuff... It's Nicks now. They can use it whenever the hell they feel like it. Seems pretty egotistical to me that he thinks someone else can't do, or might do better, so, lets just kill everyone but the turtles off? Give me a break. Good on nick to de cannon the 'official' ending in that case. Seems like it was a big Frig you to a series he created. burn all the bridges so there is no going back, for anyone :/..
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 06:31 PM   #2978
xandrea7
New Recruit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
I call bull on that last one. it's pretty clear it's the continuing adventures of the story. sounds like back peddling to help explain why nick doesn't want apocolypse as an official story. probably for the same reason most here don't like it, is that it was dark, depressing, and made the whole series seem kind of pointless. but, as an alternate universe tale as what 'COULD' happen, it makes it a little more interesting to peak into an alternate universe.

And to be fair.....it's not really ciro's stuff... It's Nicks now. They can use it whenever the hell they feel like it. Seems pretty egotistical to me that he thinks someone else can't do, or might do better, so, lets just kill everyone but the turtles off? Give me a break. Good on nick to de cannon the 'official' ending in that case. Seems like it was a big Frig you to a series he created. burn all the bridges so there is no going back, for anyone :/..
That's how I see it too yeah. It's Nickelodeon's show and I'm taking their word on this one. The episode is really interesting as an AU. But as a finale, it contradicts what Renet has told us about the future and the Mutagen Bomb acted as an evil Deus Ex Machina, coming out of nowhere to destroy everything that had been built. It's also hard to swallow something that was half-built on spite.

I am spreading the official word wherever I can. I just hate seeing so many people being so sad. One of my favorite fan artists even quit drawing over this.
Old 09-26-2017, 06:54 PM   #2979
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by xandrea7 View Post
That's how I see it too yeah. It's Nickelodeon's show and I'm taking their word on this one.

I am spreading the official word wherever I can. I just hate seeing so many people being so sad. One of my favorite fan artists even quit drawing over this.
Nick paid for it, they didn't write it. Don't give final say to a corporation, that's not the heart of this work. The word belongs to Ciro, Brandon & whomever else on the creative team. To think otherwise is both ignorant & disrespectful.

Let people be sad. "Life at best is bittersweet" - TMNT isn't all sunshine & flowers, yo. That fan-artist is being a pansy, whoever they are.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 07:10 PM   #2980
xandrea7
New Recruit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Nick paid for it, they didn't write it. Don't give final say to a corporation, that's not the heart of this work. The word belongs to Ciro, Brandon & whomever else on the creative team. To think otherwise is both ignorant & disrespectful.

Let people be sad. "Life at best is bittersweet" - TMNT isn't all sunshine & flowers, yo. That fan-artist is being a pansy, whoever they are.

She is a very nice person. Don't be so hard on her.

And bittersweet is not the same thing as pointless and cruel. The family moving on together after Splinter's death was bitersweet. This is just disrespectful to the fans and especially awful for the kids. And throwing out everything that has been established by deploying a bomb out of nowhere was cheap.

You can see it however you like. But Nickelodeon owns the property. They can do what they like with it. If his intention was to ensure that they could not have final say then he failed.

Tags
season 5