The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 07-28-2017, 08:48 PM   #21
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
Clean the house I guess
Bingo

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
People still go camping as adults?
I've never gone camping in my life. Doesn't look appealing to me, tbh.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 09:49 PM   #22
CyberCubed
Overlord

I've never gone camping either but I live in a city, I guess that's a country or southern thing? I mean there's not much places to go camping here unless I got upstate.

Also the idea of sleeping in a tent in the woods with bugs, beavers, wolves, or bears creeping around, eating your food, going over you while you're sleeping and possibly killing you...this in no way sounds appealing. We don't live in the Wild West anymore, I see this in movies all the time where people sleep by campfires and get attacked by bandits or bears or some nonsense.

This isn't the aborigines!
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 09:51 PM   #23
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I would go insane if I didn't at least spend a few days every year in the deep woods, without any electronics or cell phone signal. Your mind and body, like, reboot. Very refreshing. Plus when you come back, it's all, "Whoaa, bunch of stuff happened to catch up on."
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 09:57 PM   #24
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
I've never gone camping either but I live in a city, I guess that's a country or southern thing? I mean there's not much places to go camping here unless I got upstate.

Also the idea of sleeping in a tent in the woods with bugs, beavers, wolves, or bears creeping around, eating your food, going over you while you're sleeping and possibly killing you...this in no way sounds appealing. We don't live in the Wild West anymore, I see this in movies all the time where people sleep by campfires and get attacked by bandits or bears or some nonsense.

Dunno how it is there, but here I associate camping with the boy scouts and something people do at music festivals that last for a few days.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 10:35 PM   #25
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Camping is not always in tents. It is a way to save on money when traveling also. You can prepare most of your own meals and no pricey hotels. Save the funds for experiences and souvenirs.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_7810.JPG (91.9 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_7809.JPG (63.2 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_7811.jpg (99.3 KB, 1 views)
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 10:59 PM   #26
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:

Where we go, there is no one and no campsites (we make our own) for many, many miles. And we have lots of guns.
Old 07-28-2017, 11:11 PM   #27
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Also the idea of sleeping in a tent in the woods with bugs, beavers, wolves, or bears creeping around, eating your food, going over you while you're sleeping and possibly killing you...this in no way sounds appealing
lmao don't fear the beaver, Cubed

But yeah, the best part about camping is getting away from it all. Camping in a crowded area pretty much defeats the whole purpose; that's not camping, that's just staying at an outdoor hotel. You want to be somewhere where you can forget about civilization, see a pristine night sky. Ideally you would have good friends and party favors with you, too.
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 11:28 PM   #28
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post
lmao don't fear the beaver, Cubed

But yeah, the best part about camping is getting away from it all. Camping in a crowded area pretty much defeats the whole purpose; that's not camping, that's just staying at an outdoor hotel. You want to be somewhere where you can forget about civilization, see a pristine night sky. Ideally you would have good friends and party favors with you, too.
Don't forget the guitars and banjos. No camping trip is complete without them.

Playing guitar is actually a hobby I'd like to pick back up if I didn't spend so much time online.
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 11:29 PM   #29
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Where we go, there is no one and no campsites (we make our own) for many, many miles. And we have lots of guns.
So many of the reasons I don't Camp, so neatly compacted in one comment.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 11:35 PM   #30
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleWA View Post
Don't forget the guitars and banjos. No camping trip is complete without them.

Playing guitar is actually a hobby I'd like to pick back up if I didn't spend so much time online.
At this point in my life I think I'd rather stick a power drill in my ear

Don't get me wrong, I love guitar, even acoustic (though not as much as electric), but I hate that in certain situations there's always that one guy who won't stop noodling around on the guitar when he isn't nearly as good as he thinks he is. I'd rather just have quiet.

But call me a hypocrite I guess, because I will get the **** down in a communal drum circle
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 11:47 PM   #31
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
I spent so many years growing up going on weekend or summer camping trips with my folks. First in tents then later in an RV. My parents are fishing and motorcycling nuts so we were usually camped at parks that featured those activities. Where we camped, the chances were greater of falling off the bike and breaking bones, or falling out of the boat and drowning than getting mauled by a bear. Not that there are even any wild bears in Texas anyway..... I've crossed the Rio Grande on a four-wheel ATV with muddy water up to my knees, and jumped sand dunes in an Oklahome desert, or climbed to the top of a mountain on the same ATV in New Mexico or in Colorado in the back of a jeep to the tip of Pike's Peak on those trips. We've spent whole weekends fishing and swimming at a dozen different lakes around our area. Honestly the most dangerous thing most campers face is the possibility of heat exhaustion, sunburn, or snake bite.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 11:54 PM   #32
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post
But call me a hypocrite I guess, because I will get the **** down in a communal drum circle

You ain't the only one! I enjoy a good drum circle myself! It's how I got together with Mr D in fact- belly dancing and flirting with him while he was drumming at a weekly circle.

Old 07-28-2017, 11:57 PM   #33
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

I was very late in the game when it came to the internet. I just barely started a few years ago. So I could get along fine without it.

I've always had video games and have always played them constantly, so it would be kinda annoying to not have any, but I could manage as long as I had something else to do.

What I could do is read. A LOT. Ever since I could read, it's been a big hobby of mine. I've dedicated countless hours of my life reading all kinds of books. So, during that hypothetical week, I'd be in book paradise! I'd read all kinds of comics, novels, manga, etc.

Also, I would draw a lot too. Maybe then I'd actually get any good.
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 12:19 AM   #34
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
So what do you do about bathrooms? Do people literally crap in the woods like a wild animal? I hope you guys at least pack toilet paper.
Old 07-29-2017, 12:26 AM   #35
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
So what do you do about bathrooms? Do people literally crap in the woods like a wild animal? I hope you guys at least pack toilet paper.
Usually find a log the right size to sit over and poo over the back of it. A roll or two of TP is brought, of course. Barring that, we're usually by a river... stand in it, it all kind of sorts itself out.
Old 07-29-2017, 12:29 AM   #36
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Don't worry Cubed it's not that bad. Done that myself a few times when roughing it. And you're fine as long as you know what leaves NOT to use lol! No different than using a urinal for most guys- though a bit more awkward for us ladies.....

Old 07-29-2017, 06:26 AM   #37
Splinter the boss
Stone Warrior

Read comics and sleep.

"I am absolute, lower your head!"
Splinter the boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 02:48 PM   #38
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:

lol You are definitely a city boy.

I dunno, I think actually going somewhere a ways from home is kind of the point though. To get away from everything. It's a vacation... but not one dependent on luxuries.

I've only camped somewhat just once for a couple of days. Assateague Island campground in Maryland... Highly recommend it. Would gladly go back, though I'd prefer to take a little camper, not a tent like last time. Fun, but that sand the tent was set up in is surprisingly hard when you intend to sleep on it. (I ended up buying a little canvas raft the next day for a makeshift air mattress. That helped a lot.)

But going to sleep listening to the ocean because each loop of camp spots is right behind the dunes; the wild ponies (large ponies, or small horses if you will) and small deer that wander the area and might run into them - including the pony that showed up nearby the first night (the only close one we saw) when we were eating dinner at the picnic table we were fortunate to have at our spot, and the deer that showed up just a few feet behind me the last morning, clearly summoned by my rustling chip bags and hoping for handouts; and the boardwalk of Ocean City, MD not far from there to spend part of the day at...

Awesome.

Though we also sat through a thunderstorm in the tent the first night. Prob not the safest thing as this is a flat island and we prob aught to have gotten in the cars instead, but it was fun... if you like storms.

There were was also a restroom for each loop which was nice, so it wasn't entirely roughing it. Now... could I do REAL roughing it camping in a tent in some woods or whatever... eh, yeah, I dunno about that. lol Visit, sure, sleep there, not so sure.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 07-29-2017 at 02:57 PM.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 03:49 PM   #39
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
lol You are definitely a city boy.
Well yeah, I'm a city slicker. I don't know anything about this country, camping, or farmhouse stuff. If I don't see a bunch of buildings close together I feel like I'm in another universe.

Sometimes when I go down to Florida it creeps me out with the large stretches of land with nothing in them. I feel like I'm in the foreign legion or something. I've never been to another country either, so I imagine I'd be in for quite the culture shock.
Old 07-29-2017, 03:59 PM   #40
snake
Disgusting

Nobody tell him they have cities outside of America.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote