The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 04-18-2016, 07:59 PM   #601
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
CBS execs sit around the table every Spring and ask quietly...
"Is it finally time to reboot 'Touched by an Angel' for the Fall season?"

That show isn't still seriously going, is it? I thought it was reruns. TELL ME THE TRUTH, I NEED TO KNOW!!!!!!!
Old 04-18-2016, 08:15 PM   #602
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
That show isn't still seriously going, is it? I thought it was reruns. TELL ME THE TRUTH, I NEED TO KNOW!!!!!!!
Not so far as I know. But I've got a nagging feeling CBS would totally want to give it another go for the 21st century.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 08:16 PM   #603
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Not so far as I know. But I've got a nagging feeling CBS would totally want to give it another go for the 21st century.
Thanks for the panic attack, old man. You nearly killed that last tiny speck of believe in my fellow man.
Old 04-18-2016, 08:19 PM   #604
mrmaczaps
Mad Scientist

It's not a great show... it would work best if CBS gives the rights to CW, then season 2 opens with the crashed space ship and it's Kara from Earth 1 (Who hadn't yet arrived on Earth 1... hang on) and the back story is Crisis (because CW stories need a flashback sequence every epsiode) which destroys CBS Supergirl's universe... but Kara survives and is sent to earth 1 by the end of season 2... the present moments are Supergirl interacting with Arrow/Flash and the Legends characters and intros LOSH... (Pre-Crisis Supergirl splashed with 1st version of pre-new52 Supergirl...)

Less heavy on the male bashing and nut crunching... and more superheroics.
Mr Maczaps Comics on Facebook
Shellback on Facebook
Turtle Power Entertainment

Email me at: mrmaczapscomics@gmail.com

Looking for: SNES TMNT and any other video games. Also Movie Star Mikey giant nunchucks! Two! CHEAP! *not buying right now, but plenty to trade* #damntumor

Buy from MyComicShop.com
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 08:37 PM   #605
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

For some reason I have this feeling that was Power Girl that was in that Kryptonian pod at the end of the episode.

Which I really hope is the case, because it would just plain SUCK for this show to end on a cliffhanger like that.

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 08:45 PM   #606
CyberCubed
Overlord

This show had better get a Season 2. I want to see more of this Supergirl.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 09:52 PM   #607
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
This show had better get a Season 2. I want to see more of this Supergirl.
If it's canceled, I'm sure you'll find another comic book actress hottie to fuel the ol' spankbank...
Old 04-19-2016, 05:07 AM   #608
drgon78
Mad Scientist

I think it would be cool if it was the younger version of supergirl that will morph into someone or something else later.
drgon78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 01:04 PM   #609
TLP
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Was it just me or did Supergirl seem like she had a Death Wish throughout the entirety of tonight's episode? It was almost Jack Bauer-esque from the second season of 24.

Also, Superman. Let's be honest, folks. He's a theoretical deadweight in this show. He makes a CGI cameo in the penultimate episode and is never heard from again until he IMs after Supergirl saves the world. And to add to the indignity of it all, the closing scene plays this background music:
I saw his legs peaking out on a table next to J'onn's. They're reaaally avoiding showing his face.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
If it's canceled, I'm sure you'll find another comic book actress hottie to fuel the ol' spankbank...
Angélica Celaya as Zed from Constantine?

TLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 05:58 PM   #610
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter

Quote:
. He makes a CGI cameo in the penultimate episode and is never heard from again until he IMs after Supergirl saves the world.
He was in the finale. Apparantly being brainwashed knocked him out cold so he was unconsious on one of the beds in the med bay at DEO. We saw his feet. He must have woken up after Kara went into space.

I love the look on Gen Lane's face when he told J'onn that president Wonder Woman (Lynda Carter will be playing her next season if it gets picked up) reinstated him as head of the DEO. He looked over at Lucy like "Oh well..." *lol*
Old 04-19-2016, 06:49 PM   #611
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Ah, man, KO'd Superman feet on the sick bay. I totally missed that. This show has made him into more of a chump than I would have ever thought possible.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 07:59 AM   #612
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

Watched the finale last night.

Kinda fell in line with how I feel about the series as a whole, so I guess it was appropriate. Some good moral messages, moments of nice character moments while marred by annoying contrivances, excess cheese, and that general feeling of "could be better."

I'm curious if this comes back for a second season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmaczaps View Post
This, please.

Spoiler:
Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 08:51 AM   #613
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Quote:
Ah, man, KO'd Superman feet on the sick bay. I totally missed that. This show has made him into more of a chump than I would have ever thought possible.
Yeah, the "here's Superman...well....almost." bit got a little old. Loved the series though.

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 08:48 PM   #614
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jephael View Post
Be glad this isn't a Smallville thread from 2004. Cubed would be making naughty comments about all the ladies on that show... even Martha Kent!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krutch View Post
Eyyyyy.... that might have been me in that case, if we're honest
Going through some of the older Smallville threads, turns out, that WAS me

---
Sidenote: I'm thinking about making a new Smallville thread in the near future. Just to have an empty void I can cry into whenever I'm feeling nostalgic. There's, like, 7 other Smallville threads but they're all season specific.

Spoiler:
Old 04-21-2016, 09:28 PM   #615
Spike Spiegel
See You Next Mission

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLP View Post

Angélica Celaya as Zed from Constantine?

http://static2.hypable.com/wp-conten...re-860x442.jpg
You have excellent taste.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
Mirage [is]...a comic about life and how life and the people closest to you just absolutely suck sometimes. It's "adult" in a very real sense, in that it deals with heavy themes that resonate more with adults, not that it's full of blood and titties or whatever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
[TMNT 1990 director Steve] Barron recognized the early Mirage issues as perfect storyboards. It's a shame no other filmmaker has.
Spike Spiegel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 09:39 PM   #616
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmaczaps View Post

What male bashing? I know the show is big on girl power, but I never got the "girls-rule-boys-drool" vibe from it. I wouldn't have bothered to watch this season all the way through if I did, believe me.
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 06:56 AM   #617
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Eagle View Post
What male bashing? I know the show is big on girl power, but I never got the "girls-rule-boys-drool" vibe from it. I wouldn't have bothered to watch this season all the way through if I did, believe me.
It's definitely there, though they've done a better job at concealing it in its second half than the first. Once you notice it its hard to not see it, though. I'm by no means a die hard fan so I can't really recite all the occurrences in specific episodes but a couple that spring to mind are when Supergirl exclaims "It's always men who go crazy behind the wheel!" and Lucy Lane states "I want to work for a cool, powerful, kick-ass woman instead of a bunch of angry old white men." Then there's Cat Grant who on one episode called someone(I forget who) "The poster boy of Rich White Male Privilege" while herself being white, attractive, and super rich.

Again, there's tons more (probably better) examples out there but I don't have the memory association with this show that I do others, so...

Spoiler:
Old 04-23-2016, 01:10 PM   #618
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krutch View Post
It's definitely there, though they've done a better job at concealing it in its second half than the first. Once you notice it its hard to not see it, though. I'm by no means a die hard fan so I can't really recite all the occurrences in specific episodes but a couple that spring to mind are when Supergirl exclaims "It's always men who go crazy behind the wheel!" and Lucy Lane states "I want to work for a cool, powerful, kick-ass woman instead of a bunch of angry old white men." Then there's Cat Grant who on one episode called someone(I forget who) "The poster boy of Rich White Male Privilege" while herself being white, attractive, and super rich.

Again, there's tons more (probably better) examples out there but I don't have the memory association with this show that I do others, so...
Okay I just plumb forgot about the comment made about men always being the ones who go crazy behind the wheel. I might have rolled my eyes at that one, but I guess it didn't bother me enough. As for "I want to work for a cool, powerful kick-ass woman instead of a bunch of angry old white men", I thought that was a little vague, since she said "white men".

I can tell you that there was so much male-bashing from Ava Ayala/White Tiger in this one Ultimate Spider-Man episode alone though, that I just didn't bother watching again.
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 08:25 PM   #619
CyberCubed
Overlord

IGN reviewed the entire first season as a whole, and said Melissa Benoist is the best part of the show naturally:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/04/...eason-1-review

Nobody can resist her girlish charm.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 09:03 PM   #620
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
IGN reviewed the entire first season as a whole, and said Melissa Benoist is the best part of the show naturally:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/04/...eason-1-review

Nobody can resist her girlish charm.
*takes three drinks*

Woo. Starting to feel the wooze.

Myself, I'd say J'onn Jozz is the real highlight of Season 1. And Alex Danvers.

Actually, the Flash crossover is the real highlight.

Tags
creepercubedspankbank, cubed'simaginarygalpal, cybercubed is corrupted, cybercubedcreepsdeep, cybercubedsaperv, cybercubedsboner, cybercubedthesexmaniac, heressupermanwellamost, sexy_cybercubed_xxx.exe, you'readickcybercubed