The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 09-20-2011, 01:43 PM   #361
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnyTMNT View Post
You're not alone! It's a no brainer for me, Eastman's art is just more my style of Turtles.
Maybe it's experience. Maybe Duncan will get better with time...maybe.

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 02:39 PM   #362
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester
I always like Eastman's layouts better than the final art....am I a horrible person?
I guess I'm one of those horrible people to because I feel the same way. The story isn't bad but the art needs work.
Sabacooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 02:57 PM   #363
Venom
Space Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
I guess I'm one of those horrible people to because I feel the same way. The story isn't bad but the art needs work.
Hey I've heard that before...oh, I remember: the last decade! jk
Old 09-20-2011, 03:32 PM   #364
1984TMNT
Stone Warrior

I have to admit that, for whatever reason, the art looked better to me in this preview than I initially thought it did in the 1st issue. It's growing on me.

It's killing me to see how long this might take to get the new take on the origin. I'm hoping the issues get a little longer as time goes on.

1984TMNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 08:20 PM   #365
Gyt Kaliba
Stone Warrior

I nabbed a copy of issue #1 of the IDW comic on a whim from Hastings today, and I'm not even kidding when I say it's like...the first US comic I've bought in my entire memory (though I've had a few things in the past, I just don't recall being the one that actually bought them). Unsure of what cover it is technically since it seems like there were multiple ones, but it's got all four Turtles on it if that helps any.

I'm definitely intrigued to see where this is all heading, the General Krang, the much earlier involvement of Casey and April, and everything else seems to be going in a radically different origin direction than any other incarnation thus far. Which is refreshing, but also a bit offputting, since a majority of the origin has always been the same or similar in every scenario.

My only complaint would be a non-issue really - the low page count. I'm spoiled by manga's much thicker page count though.

I probably won't be able to keep buying them, and would prefer an eventual omnibus of some sort anyway, but how many issues are out so far?
Old 12-22-2011, 08:23 PM   #366
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyt Kaliba View Post
I probably won't be able to keep buying them, and would prefer an eventual omnibus of some sort anyway, but how many issues are out so far?
5 regular issues, plus a Raphael one-shot with Michelangelo's one-shot coming out the Wednesday before New Year's.

If you want to wait, a trade with the first 4 issues is coming out in Feb.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 08:24 PM   #367
Grimlock
Hench Mutant

Quote:
but also a bit offputting, since a majority of the origin has always been the same or similar in every scenario.

but how many issues are out so far?
You ain't seen nothing yet. Issue 5 came out yesterday and the Raph Micro a few weeks back. Mike micro comes out the 28th. You have some cathing up to do.
Grimlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 08:25 PM   #368
Powder
So tired of this place

The cover you got, Gyt, happens to be a cover that is exclusive to Hastings. What's it called? The Hastings Variant.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 08:33 PM   #369
Gyt Kaliba
Stone Warrior

Wow, quick replies, now I remember another reason I love this place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
5 regular issues, plus a Raphael one-shot with Michelangelo's one-shot coming out the Wednesday before New Year's.

If you want to wait, a trade with the first 4 issues is coming out in Feb.
Oh cool, I had no idea they were going to do individual Turtle one-shots just like Mirage did way back when, that's awesome.

I'll definitely look into that trade, has there been any word on the pricing yet? I'm definitely eying the first 'Ultimate Collection' volume for the old stuff, maybe nabbing it with Christmas money. The price is a bit steep though. At least, I think so - is $40-$50 about right for omnibuses like this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimlock View Post
You ain't seen nothing yet. Issue 5 came out yesterday and the Raph Micro a few weeks back. Mike micro comes out the 28th. You have some cathing up to do.
Definitely do, I'm about to start browsing the back-pages of this thread to thoroughly spoil plot points for myself, since I'm the weird sort that doesn't mind that at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
The cover you got, Gyt, happens to be a cover that is exclusive to Hastings. What's it called? The Hastings Variant.
Ha! That's kind of cool that they did a cover specifically for selling at Hastings. Personally, based on the few other covers I've seen, I quite like it too - I'd prefer a first issue cover have all four of them on it rather than a specific character.
Old 12-22-2011, 08:37 PM   #370
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Oh cool, I had no idea they were going to do individual Turtle one-shots just like Mirage did way back when, that's awesome.

I'll definitely look into that trade, has there been any word on the pricing yet?
Yeah, it was a great issue too. I'm sure Mike's will rock as well.

Here's the amazon page for the trade.

http://www.amazon.com/Teenage-Mutant...4611349&sr=8-2
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 08:45 PM   #371
Gyt Kaliba
Stone Warrior

Thanks, now that's definitely more my style - slightly bigger collection with a decent price, woot.

Oh yeah, and on issue #1 again - I couldn't help but notice that Raph's eyes were still all white and glowing-like, even when he didn't have the mask on. I'm assuming this has been constant and with all the Turtles thus far, if we've seen them mask-less yet. Am I the only one not really feeling that style? The white eyes are bizarre enough WITH the masks (though I like it, and I know it harkens back to like...most every masked 'superhero' ever), but seeing their eyes like that without the mask is even weirder.

Not a huge deal, but just something I noticed that kinda seemed off to me.
Old 12-22-2011, 09:26 PM   #372
Samhain
Dare To Be Stupid!

Quote:
Thanks, now that's definitely more my style - slightly bigger collection with a decent price, woot.

Oh yeah, and on issue #1 again - I couldn't help but notice that Raph's eyes were still all white and glowing-like, even when he didn't have the mask on. I'm assuming this has been constant and with all the Turtles thus far, if we've seen them mask-less yet. Am I the only one not really feeling that style? The white eyes are bizarre enough WITH the masks (though I like it, and I know it harkens back to like...most every masked 'superhero' ever), but seeing their eyes like that without the mask is even weirder.

Not a huge deal, but just something I noticed that kinda seemed off to me.
Nope. I like 'em with those kinda eyes. I dunno why, I don't want to see pupils. Though, in real life that would look pretty darn creepy.
Samhain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 12:52 PM   #373
RaphaelsIsolation
Hench Mutant

Ah ha, I found it. Who would know this would be under this thread title.

I'll post my thoughts later after I re-read this baby in deluxe form
RaphaelsIsolation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 02:16 PM   #374
snake
Disgusting

^ necroposter!!!!
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 02:42 PM   #375
RaphaelsIsolation
Hench Mutant

yeah who really cares...? I could of made another thread. people get all screwed up on old posts being brought back... who cares

I'm going to read through the series again, and post comments. I think we all should rediscover these older issues now anyways
Old 03-22-2013, 02:47 PM   #376
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaphaelsIsolation View Post
yeah who really cares...? I could of made another thread. people get all screwed up on old posts being brought back... who cares

I'm going to read through the series again, and post comments. I think we all should rediscover these older issues now anyways
Why post when no one cares about this thread anymore? It's two years old!
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 02:56 PM   #377
RaphaelsIsolation
Hench Mutant

its a thread on the first issue, who cares dude? get over the whole OMG he posted a old thread...

i'm going to be re-enjoying all these. it's important to remember the older issues
Old 03-23-2013, 01:30 PM   #378
RaphaelsIsolation
Hench Mutant

I just reread this issue, wow.

It's a really good issue, I'll talk mainly on this #1 issue, as in it set aside from others.

I'm concerned about the 15 month turnaround, but we all know the reasons behind that now.

Krang seemed really cool. I thought it was really good. Nice lead it wanting you to buy more issues in the future.
Old 03-27-2013, 05:44 PM   #379
corvus
Stone Warrior

I was actually disappointed when I got this in the mail. I read an article saying "the original ninja turtles return to comics". I thought "cool they're continuing mirage". So I preordered and forgot about it til it came in the mail. Learned to love the series though.

Tags
comic discussion, idw