The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Current Events

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2018, 11:51 PM   #1
Leonardo_thebest
Banned

Study shows most Cis People Won't Date Trans People.

It's infuriating to see just how backwards the cis world is, even in 2018.
If a cis-woman gets a boob job, guys are all okay with it.
What does gender at birth have to do with anything.

https://www.them.us/story/cis-trans-dating

Where do you stand?
Old 08-11-2018, 12:04 AM   #2
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

I love coconuts.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
Old 08-11-2018, 12:08 AM   #3
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
I love coconuts.
Old 08-11-2018, 12:21 AM   #4
Leonardo_thebest
Banned

Quote:
I love coconuts.
Exactly. You can't find love among your own species, so you turned to fruit.
People shouldn't set boundaries. Why close yourself off.

Does your nut have a name?
Old 08-11-2018, 12:32 AM   #5
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
I love coconuts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonardo_thebest View Post
Does your nut have a name?
In before someone turns it weird...

The world is a cruel, unfair place. Things will surely change, but change is slow. (Is it a reasonable factor that some cis people might want to be able to have biological children with their partner?)
Old 08-11-2018, 12:37 AM   #6
Leonardo_thebest
Banned

There are so many ways to have children today. My Friend has two girls with his husband. They used a surrogate both times for the egg, and alternated sperm donation.

I don't know that it's important to have children who share your DNA. A child is a child, and family is family.
Old 08-11-2018, 12:45 AM   #7
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Sure, it doesn't make someone's child any less their child, but is it now wrong for some to want their kid to ideally be genetically related to both parents and to go through having a kid together in the typical fashion?
Old 08-11-2018, 12:51 AM   #8
Leonardo_thebest
Banned

Nothing wrong with wanting that, but it might be worth noting that about 40 to 50 percent of married couples in the United States divorce. Perhaps excluding 50% of the population from ones mating pool could be hamstringing the possibility of longer lasting, happier unions.

"Virtually all heterosexuals excluded trans folks from their dating pool: only 1.8% of straight women and 3.3% of straight men chose a trans person of either binary gender. But most non-heterosexuals weren’t down for dating a trans person either, with only 11.5% of gay men and 29% of lesbians being trans-inclusive in their dating preferences. Bisexual/queer/nonbinary participants (these were all combined into one group) were most open to having a trans partner, but even among them, almost half (48%) did not select either ‘trans man’ or ‘trans woman.’

Of the seven participants who themselves identified as transgender or nonbinary, 89% were willing to date another trans person."

Even Trans people excluded other Trans people.

Wow, we suck.

Last edited by Leonardo_thebest; 08-11-2018 at 12:59 AM.
Old 08-11-2018, 01:58 AM   #9
Ninjinister
無問題

Are you saying people aren't supposed to have a choice anymore of who they date, or what?

I'm not sure where you're going with this.
Old 08-11-2018, 02:16 AM   #10
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

At the risk of gross... most dudes don't want to make 100% of their input a hairy butthole. Or see a dick and balls dangling around while they're doing their business. Probably. Not all of them, but probably more than the lion's share. And that seems fair to me. They like genuine born women who have no... confusion. That's just the way most dudes are wired.
Old 08-11-2018, 05:24 AM   #11
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
There are so many ways to have children today. My Friend has two girls with his husband. They used a surrogate both times for the egg, and alternated sperm donation.

I don't know that it's important to have children who share your DNA. A child is a child, and family is family.
Most people want to have sex with people who have genuine working sex organs and want to have their own children.
Also, very few want to deal with emotional baggage transpeople have.

TL;DR: People want to have sex and families with normal people, with normal bodies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
Are you saying people aren't supposed to have a choice anymore of who they date, or what?

I'm not sure where you're going with this.
Actually, yes, he is.
This is a relatively new thing with transcult: some of them (not all, at least not now), consider people who don't want to have sex with transpeople, to be transphobic, including Homosexuals, because, they dare "to be attracted to genitalia".
Apparently in their narcissism and self-entitlement some transpeople completely miss idea of sexuality and freedom to choose your own partner.

You should have seen amount of death and rape threats and abuse received by Lesbians who not only dare to say that dick is not a female organ (which of course it's not for any sane person), but also dare to not hop on the those "delicious" "female" dicks and not consider people with artificial vaginas (i.e. wounds that need to be cleaned) to be a genuine women and Lesbians (which trans women are not).

It's another prove how previously oppressed group, led by males, become oppressors and bullies when given sufficient power and can get away with spouting homophobic and misogynistic stuff, protecting themselves with "muh suffering give me rights to **** others" and "I am gonna kill myself if you don't do things my way".
Old 08-11-2018, 09:00 AM   #12
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Even Trans people excluded other Trans people.

Wow, we suck.

That was kind of my next question, what the ratio for trans people themselves is. Does a typical trans man and trans woman find each other appealing on average, or do they also tend to favor a cis partner?

Quote:
only 1.8% of straight women
only 11.5% of gay men
Perhaps not a coincidence those two demographics are lower percentage than their counterpart when it comes to what they want in a partner... I mean, not to be rude or anything. Kind of telling that lesbians are the highest percentage. Just... how do I non offensively say that, well, you know...the lady bits might be able to be sculpted and implanted, but I imagine part of the man bits might be limited in what's possible...?

I mean, I've got nothing against trans people and I wish them all happiness with someone who loves and accepts them for who they are. But people love who they love and I think this is one of those things that needs to be personal and on a case by case basis between two people. If two people click and love enough other enough to overlook things like this (or anything else for that matter), awesome for them. It's kind of hard to do a cold clinical poll like that when it's based on judging a potential unknown suggested partner responders have no feeling for, rather than answering based on actual experience. Which is maybe what they should do... poll cis people who have dated or considered dating someone who turned out to be trans, or at least knows one enough to be acquainted with the idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
At the risk of gross...
I kind of assumed we had to be talking post-op, because yeah... pre-op is certainly going to be an issue with the majority.
Old 08-11-2018, 09:54 AM   #13
Leonardo_thebest
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
I kind of assumed we had to be talking post-op, because yeah... pre-op is certainly going to be an issue with the majority.

Andrew wanted to make it sound as un appealing as possible, of course. Cis sex can be just as revolting, from a certain vantage point. We can get gross, but Hetero is always romanticized, 'cause 7.5 billion just a'int enough. I get that, it's a common cis thing, to debase and vilify something because it scares you, and to try and use disgust to paint a damning picture.

He does not imagine the possibility of loving someone for who they are, he is caught up in the exterior.
Old 08-11-2018, 10:14 AM   #14
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Okay having read the primary source (huzzah for one of the benefits of graduate school!), goodness that's a really small sample size, and event he authors admit they had no hypothesis. This was small correlation finding from a larger study.

A, Huh...that's interesting, and nothing more.

There's nothing inherently bigoted about not being attracted by vulvas, just as there's nothing inherently bigoted about not being attracted by penises.

But there is something interesting in delving deeper into WHY we are/aren't attracted by things.

For instance, there are straight men in straight relationships who find themselves no longer attracted to their breast cancer surviving spouses.
Because breasts are that ingrained into the the groove of their sexual identity.

It's just interesting.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
Old 08-11-2018, 12:41 PM   #15
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
That was kind of my next question, what the ratio for trans people themselves is. Does a typical trans man and trans woman find each other appealing on average, or do they also tend to favor a cis partner?
From some statistics it seems most trans people do not want to date trans people either. I guess, they want to have partners with genuine working sex organs and with less psychological problems.
Funny how they demand everyone else to have sex with themselves.

Quote:
Andrew wanted to make it sound as un appealing as possible, of course. Cis sex can be just as revolting, from a certain vantage point. We can get gross, but Hetero is always romanticized, 'cause 7.5 billion just a'int enough. I get that, it's a common cis thing, to debase and vilify something because it scares you, and to try and use disgust to paint a damning picture.
Nothing scares anyone about you.
People just have right for their own preferences and saying "NO" no matter their reasoning and they hate when someone is trying to coerce to have sex with someone who they don't find attractive. It's normal.

It's not a defect. It's not hatred. It's goddamn right of any free human being to say "I DO NOT WANT TO HAVE SEX with you". And you MUST respect it.
Any attempts to blackmail anyone to have sex with you, by threatening suicide or self-harm will be useless and out you as a self-entitled narcissist who don't care about anyone else but yourself.
And if you don't respect people's autonomy, but demand respect for yourself, than, in my book, you can go away with your pity party. And your lame attempts to coerce other people to have sex with you to validate your identity and mental fantasies are sexism and homophobia.

Quote:
He does not imagine the possibility of loving someone for who they are, he is caught up in the exterior.
Yeah, sexual orientation totally not a thing, no sir. It's just some weird phobia which exists solely to offend poor trans people.
And Lesbians and Gay are, of course, the worst offenders. How dare they being attracted to biological sex and not your wonderful totally genuine [insert gender here] identity?

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
For instance, there are straight men in straight relationships who find themselves no longer attracted to their breast cancer surviving spouses.
Because breasts are that ingrained into the the groove of their sexual identity.
And women stop being attracted to men, who loses their penises for whatever reason.
Imagine that: sexual drive working differently for different people.
It's normal because sexual attraction is a normal thing to have when you are in relationship. I hope, it's obvious for everyone.

And it has nothing to do with sexism or misogyny. Just with the human nature and what people find sexually attractive, which is coded into genes, much like sexual orientation. I know for more...progressively-minded people it's hard to figure it out that some things are out of cultural control, due to their mantra "everything is political" and due to their inability to understand how normal people work, but it is...a reality.

Last edited by Sumac; 08-11-2018 at 01:00 PM.
Old 08-11-2018, 12:53 PM   #16
Leonardo_thebest
Banned

This
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
From some statistics it seems most trans people do not want to date trans people either. I guess, they want to have partners with genuine working sex organs and with less psychological problems.
Funny how they demand everyone else to have sex with themselves.

Doesn't jive with this
Quote:
Imagine that: sexual drive working for differently for different people.
It's normal because sexual attraction is a normal thing to have when you are in relationship. I hope, it's obvious for everyone.
Just saying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
It's just interesting.
I think so, but it's also clear that there will be winners and losers, and it seems to have a hierarchy attached, at least according to the study.
I think there was a similar article that examined the problem of Grinder V Tinder V blackpeoplemeet V Jdate, but I forget where I read it.
Effectively the piece suggested that it's not fair to split the dating pool at all, and yet it still happens, despite being a racist/bigoted idea.

Then there's incels, and that whole thing - though to be honest, I have zero interest in supporting a bunch of men who can't get there **** together enough to be attractive to anyone.

Last edited by Leonardo_thebest; 08-11-2018 at 01:03 PM.
Old 08-11-2018, 01:04 PM   #17
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
This
Doesn't jive with this
Just saying.
Actually it does.

Most people have underlying understanding of biological sex of other people, even outside of cultural codes. Thus, people who have no Homosexual desires won't be attracted to trans people.
Lack of desire to deal with mental and biological state of trans people is another aspect of it.
Old 08-11-2018, 01:18 PM   #18
Leonardo_thebest
Banned

Quote:
Actually it does.

Most people have underlying understanding of biological sex of other people, even outside of cultural codes. Thus, people who have no Homosexual desires won't be attracted to trans people.
Lack of desire to deal with mental and biological state of trans people is another aspect of it.

I'm sharing a study that resulted in conversation worthy results. It has implications for the entire gender spectrum. You're slinging insults, again.

You agree not everyone shares the same desires, but then follow up with the implication that Trans people are mentally ill. Weren't you banned for this type of behavior once before?
Old 08-11-2018, 01:24 PM   #19
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
I'm sharing a study that resulted in conversation worthy results. It has implications for the entire gender spectrum. You're slinging insults, again.

You agree not everyone shares the same desires, but then follow up with the implication that Trans people are mentally ill. Weren't you banned for this type of behavior once before?
There is no gender spectrum, since it's artificial construct, and there is no "cis". Normal people don't need prefix to validate someone else having prefix.

And yes, "inner feeling" that urges oneself to butcher their body seems like a mental illness, not different from any other form of self-mutilation.

And, no, I wasn't banned for that.
Old 08-11-2018, 05:50 PM   #20
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Well excuse me for having a preference.
Closed Thread

Tags
gonna cis my pants