Powder
So tired of this place

...Okay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bauer536 View Post
My god! You don't even get it!
Quote:
Okay. This is not just about "Leonardo." It's not just Leonardo. It's the tired concept where it's like, "Let's make this guy bad for awhile and have him get pummeled to please the fans who hate the character or whatever." I'm sick and tired of stories like that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Right, because the team at IDW wants to to provide fan-service to the people who hate your precious Leonardo. Get a grip.
Fairly certain I get it. It's there in writing, your words. & I don't know why you're taking it so far off topic to completely unrelated things. I never attacked you, either. If this makes you want to commit suicide then I strong suggest you find a friend/parent/doctor to talk about it immediately.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 09:10 PM   #82
Bauer536
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Fairly certain I get it. It's there in writing, your words. & I don't know why you're taking it so far off topic to completely unrelated things. I never attacked you, either. If this makes you want to commit suicide then I strong suggest you find a friend/parent/doctor to talk about it immediately.
Trust me. I don't want to kill myself. I've got so much I want to do in my life. Maybe, to make things better, I should just avoid this discussion altogether. I'm sorry. I just happen to feel that stories like these make me feel sad and disturbed. That is all. Again, you don't have to agree with me.

BTW - I don't mean to be a downer, but you sort of did attack me. Observe:

Quote:
Right, because the team at IDW wants to to provide fan-service to the people who hate your precious Leonardo. Get a grip.
See? I will admit, I do have this attachment towards the character, and during these moments, it isn't healthy. Face it. Sometimes, I feel that certain fantasy characters (depending on the adaptation) are ones to admire. I just feel there aren't too many people in the government or show business to look up to anymore. That's why I find my escape in this franchise, and most importantly, your favorite turtle, too. Yes. My attachment is too much right now, and I want it to be minimized.
Bauer536 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 09:33 PM   #83
Martin
Stone Warrior

Spoiler:

Honestly, you might question the way they did it, but saying that they turned leo because they were out of ideas is just silly. And saying that they did it because, deep down, we all collectively hate leo, is even sillier. I personally loved the concept of him turning (I've been stoked about it for the last 5 months), but would have liked to see it executed differently (as expressed in a previous longass -and not really well thought out- post). Now, can we all go back to being random strangers who are decent enough to not kill each other friends?
Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 09:46 PM   #84
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

We have disccussed the evil incarnate Mutanimal bit about Old Hob's gang of posibly growing mutants on the wrong side of the tracks,but could he be starting the TMNT's version of NWO (New World Order)?

I agree with Nines about the black mask. Leo was not carrying around with him as some reminder was he? It could also be a different mask entirely since Kitsune just seemingly had it on hand prepared to brainwash Leo and use it as a symbol of his turning.
Old 06-28-2013, 10:04 PM   #85
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Alright, so I wanted to know what's all the fuss about this. I read a bit of Spengler's review. All I can say right now is this whole storyline is cliché, and it wreaks as a typical "writer's block" storyline. In other words, it's basically, "If you don't know what to do with the character, make him act stupid or have him become evil." I don't find that a good excuse.

Already, I don't like this direction, and it just makes the reincarnation origin very sloppy now. Also, I'm so tired of these kind of storylines. If you can't write about anyone like Leonardo, get somebody who can and make sure it's done with care. IDW may say that they do it with care, but they're going too far. If Leo freaken kills someone in this story(or happens to be the actual son to the Shredder), I will lose respect for anyone who changes for the sake of change. I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I think this reboot isn't very good, and I'm starting to see some of the signs were it may eventually get a lot of negativity from fans.
**** you, asshole. Actually read the comic book before forming an opinion. I love TMNTentity, but reviews are reviews.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 10:08 PM   #86
Bauer536
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
**** you, asshole. Actually read the comic book before forming an opinion. I love TMNTentity, but reviews are reviews.
So I am an a-hole for not reading the comic. Calling me an a-hole is pretty much being an a-hole yourself. Reviews are reviews? Whether I've read the comic or not, an opinion is an opinion.
Bauer536 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 10:19 PM   #87
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
So I am an a-hole for not reading the comic. Calling me an a-hole is pretty much being an a-hole yourself. Reviews are reviews? Whether I've read the comic or not, an opinion is an opinion.
An opinion is an opinion. But it's nowhere near valid until you've experienced the full work of art for yourself.

So you're an asshole for making public commentary on something you haven't even read.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 10:27 PM   #88
CyberCubed
Overlord

I'm really digging Angel in this comic. Amazing how they took a character with very little screentime in the 4kids series and made her into an interesting sidekick.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 10:36 PM   #89
corvus
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
An opinion is an opinion. But it's nowhere near valid until you've experienced the full work of art for yourself.

So you're an asshole for making public commentary on something you haven't even read.
I'm just gonna start going on game of thrones forums and be like "hey, game of thrones is really crappy show. Haven't seen any episodes but I heard this thing about it online"
Old 06-29-2013, 03:14 AM   #90
Tazi
Mad Scientist

Quote:
If Leo freaken kills someone in this story(or happens to be the actual son to the Shredder), I will lose respect for anyone who changes for the sake of change.
Like what the hell?
Leo killed people in both Mirage and 4kids, and he also beleived that he killed Slash in IDW (from his point of view), and it's not unlikely that he killed Foot ninjas too, just he didn't got all emotional about them, because they were trained assasins, instead of Slash, who was just a poor animal who got experimented on, and turned into a monster. Leo wanted to help him, insted of battle him.
Oh and yes, Splinter already said to the turtles, that they should avoid killing at all costs, but there are situations when there's no other way to go.

Quote:
Or, it could be Karai who's his inside source giving him info about Leonardo
Hmm, Alopex? Since her micro will be about betrayal...

Last edited by Tazi; 06-29-2013 at 03:25 AM.
Tazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 08:43 AM   #91
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

I wasn't sure at first which of the two,but Alopex is almost a guarantee considering Hob's new mission and yes the fact Alopex is up next and centered around her origin and apparant upcoming betrayal. The question is why would Alopex betray Shredder? Karai seems to have more reason to but she has this plague of loyality to Shredder even when his out of the picture except TMNT Smash Up.

It is going to be interesting to see how both Hob's group and the Savate ninjas fit into this elaborate puzzle.
Old 06-29-2013, 09:06 AM   #92
Genesis
Stone Warrior

States that he doesn't want to get in a fight.
Immediately starts fighting when someone opines about his opinion.

Maybe Splinter will have to kill Leo, and he'll be re-reincarnated if Splinter just prays hard enough to the magic reincarnation gods.
Genesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 09:27 AM   #93
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Seems like they gave Leo a good reason to go "to the Dark Side." I need to read it myself (I know...crazy) but from reading about it, seems like there's a good reason for it, so I'm game. My biggest worry was there'd be no good explanation
Spoiler:
Mystical brainwashing works well enough for me.

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 11:10 AM   #94
tmntfan4ever
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Have you even read the entire series? The IDW's story is great and a has a new intake on the origins of the TMNT, I don't mind ppl having there own opinions but reading a person's review and being judgmental from that makes you kinda blind about what the whole original story of Eastman & Laird's TMNT is about. They were originally ninjas who were sent out to avenge the death of there sensei's master. Even in the 2K3 series Leo almost joined Oroku Saki so it is not out of the ordinary that Leo to think about joining the "Dark side" as Raph put it in that series.
tmntfan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 11:20 AM   #95
Shreddhead
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Ummm yaa, usually you have to experience something in order to have an opinion on it.

I loved the last issue, those fever dream pages looked great. And my god, this page is GORGEOUS!
Spoiler:

I didnt even notice how perfectly balanced it was on my first read through, the shot of casey/Leo on the following page grabbed too much of my attention. This is the kind of thing that i find truly impressive in comics. Sure you could tell a story about casey dying and leo kidnapped, but this artistic balance adds soooo much to the aesthetic of the story. Love it, keep yup the great work.

Shreddhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 12:25 PM   #96
Coola Yagami
Overlord

here's my review. still blown away by all the artists coming back to draw in their scenes

http://markandpaigerodriguez.blogspo...ll-part-2.html

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 01:39 PM   #97
Venom
Space Knight

I'm digging how much better the series gets over time!

Did anyone else feel a tiny bit bad for Casey's dad when he overheard Angel? I feel like he should have still went in and seen him, but in my mind I picture him laying low and coming back when everyone's gone to see Casey.

I mean, yeah, the guy's a drunken loser, but the guy obviously loves Casey, but his self-hatred and guilt over his wife dying leaves him feeling less of a man and he tries to exert his dominance with force.

What would be nice, if unrealistic perhaps, is if Casey's dad had a panel showing him looking at a bottle, about to imbibe, then throwing it against the wall then another panel showing him walking to an AA meeting. Small hope for a loathsome character, but people can change.
Old 06-29-2013, 01:45 PM   #98
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom View Post
I'm digging how much better the series gets over time!

Did anyone else feel a tiny bit bad for Casey's dad when he overheard Angel? I feel like he should have still went in and seen him, but in my mind I picture him laying low and coming back when everyone's gone to see Casey.

I mean, yeah, the guy's a drunken loser, but the guy obviously loves Casey, but his self-hatred and guilt over his wife dying leaves him feeling less of a man and he tries to exert his dominance with force.

What would be nice, if unrealistic perhaps, is if Casey's dad had a panel showing him looking at a bottle, about to imbibe, then throwing it against the wall then another panel showing him walking to an AA meeting. Small hope for a loathsome character, but people can change.
It's too soon for that.. but I do hope he comes to visit Casey whenever April and Angel aren't around.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 01:50 PM   #99
Venom
Space Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
It's too soon for that.. but I do hope he comes to visit Casey whenever April and Angel aren't around.
Yeah, that's what I was driving at, basically show us there is a kernel of hope in the man. Hell, Angel's dad should try to help, since they used to be tight. Then again, perhaps he did and was rebuffed.
Old 06-29-2013, 01:58 PM   #100
Genesis
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom View Post
Yeah, that's what I was driving at, basically show us there is a kernel of hope in the man. Hell, Angel's dad should try to help, since they used to be tight. Then again, perhaps he did and was rebuffed.
See, now, that would be interesting. Some kind of subplot about the two of them losing touch with each other might make for a neat piece of Casey's overall narrative with his father.
Genesis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
city fall, comic discussion