The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2018, 04:15 PM   #721
pferreira
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Multiply things like that by 1000, I totally get why some people just have no patience for anyone anymore.
I kind of get what you mean. I was never trying to be rude to David or get him annoyed. I would only aggravate a situation if he was rude to me first and that was only sometimes. I certainly didn't insult him with stuff like "reading comprehension difficulties", a polite way of calling me a ret*rd since he isn't aware I'm dyslexic. I have social anxiety so I find it easier to approach people on the Internet than in real life. I did force myself to go talk to Lance Guest at Lf&CC this year. Didn't know what to expect. He's a really chillout out guy, easily distracted but very formal and chill. I didn't talk to him about The Last Starfighter, I talked to him about Jaws IV which led him to ask me questions about Jaws II. I kind of saw him get more distracted so I said goodbye and left but as you say you never know from person to person. I guess over social media it's more difficult to more difficult to put your true self across maybe therefore miscommunication is more possible?
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 01:22 AM   #722
Papenbrook
The Juvenile Delinquent
 
Papenbrook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: No comment -_- ...
Posts: 2,105
I know that this'll be considered a weird question, but-

Why don't the Turtles have lips?
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 05:59 AM   #723
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout
 
FredWolfLeonardo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: New Bark Town
Posts: 3,468
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papenbrook View Post
I know that this'll be considered a weird question, but-

Why don't the Turtles have lips?
The thought of them having visible lips is so weird. Only instance I think I remember them having lips was in the PD films but I haven't seen those in a long time so I can't recall.

Its the Same with many other characters in cartoons/graphic novels who don't have visible lips in their designs even if they have lips logically.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
The biggest villains were the censors.
What they could do without being held back is my question.
Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building.
I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.
Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 10:24 AM   #724
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 10,925
Because it's a cartoon? And male characters don't tend to be given lips if they aren't human? (And not even always when human.) Not to mention the reptile thing.

I can see why PD needed to make them feel like believable organic characters when they do have many human-like qualities, but when it comes to lips they should have made them thinner for sure. As narrow as possible while still being believable.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 10:15 PM   #725
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker
 
Utrommaniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Back in Texas
Posts: 5,169
What I think is going through the IDW staff's heads while we're wildly discussing things that haven't happened yet
__________________
Utrommaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 10:33 PM   #726
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 10,925
The only real down side to these shows and films being computer done and output digitally... collectable film and animation cells just aren't a thing anymore.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 11:00 PM   #727
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker
 
Utrommaniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Back in Texas
Posts: 5,169
There's still a lot of animation being done by hand; it's just inked and colored digitally. Which is a different situation entirely, but similar enough.

Steven Universe is one such example.
__________________
Utrommaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 10:47 AM   #728
pferreira
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,243
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
The only real down side to these shows and films being computer done and output digitally... collectable film and animation cells just aren't a thing anymore.
Yep, get them while they're hot because no doubt those ebay prices will rise faster than the new cartoon.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 11:56 PM   #729
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker
 
Utrommaniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Back in Texas
Posts: 5,169
So I was watching Shrek and I started laughing at it for the wrong reasons. Because all I could think was:


TMNT IDW 75:


TMNT IDW 85:


I guess I've come to terms???
__________________
Utrommaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 01:05 PM   #730
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 10,925
Wow, that really is a strong likeness.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 06:42 PM   #731
80gmrp
Foot Soldier
 
80gmrp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 124
Interesting comparison indeed, though admittedly, I never watched anything after Shrek 2.
__________________
80gmrp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 06:52 PM   #732
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker
 
Utrommaniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Back in Texas
Posts: 5,169
It was from the 4D ride at Universal, I think. Which also had a special DVD release. Which is how I saw it.
__________________
Utrommaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 10:11 AM   #733
pferreira
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
So I was watching Shrek and I started laughing at it for the wrong reasons.
That tends to happen when I've watched Shrek in the past.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 11:29 AM   #734
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 10,925
So as it turns out, though Biggs was fired from Nick and TMNT, it seems that maybe it actually did him some good in the long run and helped him finally grow the hell up a bit and clean up his life. Better late (or before too late) than never. Kudos to him.

https://uproxx.com/tv/jason-biggs-te...-tweets-fired/
Spoiler:
Jason Biggs On Being Fired From A Job Over His Tasteless Tweets: ‘It Really F*cked Me Up’

Dustin Rowles
Entertainment Features
12.16.18

American Pie and Orange is the New Black star Jason Biggs is no stranger to controversy when it comes to Twitter. Several years ago, he caught flack for tweeting about a dead Bachelorette contestant and also made a bad Malaysian Airlines joke a few years back only an hour after one of their planes crashed (he subsequently had a meltdown over the backlash and was eventually forced to apologize).

What many may not not realize, however, is that it Jason Biggs’ tasteless tweets eventually got him fired from a job, which has had the effect of changing the way he’s tweeted since (he actually spends more time on Instagram these days). “I got in trouble [on Twitter] a lot,” he said during this week’s live episode of The Armchair Expert podcast with Dax Shepard. “And I took the stance for a long time of, like, ‘whatever, f**k you, I’m not doing anything wrong. And mind you, this sort of coincided with my last years of drinking [Biggs is now sober.] My brain was pickled, and I definitely had a sort of combative side to me that I think the booze and drugs obviously” exacerbated the problem.

“I was let go from a job,” Biggs confessed. “It was for real. I’m fine with it now, but I think it really f**ked me up. And for awhile, initially, I didn’t think I did anything wrong … but the truth of the matter is, I f**king did it … it f**ked me up.”

The job his Twitter antics cost him was not Orange is the New Black (he really did leave that show because his character no longer fit in the show’s plans). The job he lost was on Nickelodeon Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, where he voiced Leonardo (he was replaced by Seth Green). Basically, it was a series of tweets that cost him a job he’d had for several years — one about the Pope, the Malaysian airlines one, and one about doing something obscene to Paul Ryan’s wife, among others.

“It was enough to get a lot of people calling Nickelodeon … I knew they weren’t thrilled with them. That should’ve been enough. It wasn’t. I tweeted more. I doubled down, and they were like, ‘We can’t do this anymore. Our phone is literally ringing off the hook.” So, Nickelodeon fired him.

“It really traumatized me,” Biggs told Shepard, though he admitted that, in the long run, “it was a really good thing” because he realized he needed to stop being provocative on Twitter if he wanted to continue his career. Around the same time, Biggs also decided — after his wife, Jenny Mollen, got pregnant with their first child — that he also had to get sober, because the alcohol and cocaine (among other drugs) had gotten to be a problem for the actor.

Biggs was mostly recently seen in the VOD satire Dear Dictator starring Michael Caine, Katie Holmes, and the man who replaced him on Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Seth Green.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 11:45 AM   #735
Leo656
The Franchise
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 16,370
Ahhhh, THAT old song and dance. "It was alcohol and drugs! They made me act like an asshole! I definitely wasn't an asshole to begin with, and the choice to be a substance abuser merely evidence of that fact!"

Nothing of value was lost. Guy's a talentless hack, Then, Now, & Forever. The fact they had this moron voicing my favorite TMNT character was a big reason I avoided that show.
__________________

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 11:59 AM   #736
Prowler
Emperor
 
Prowler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Portugal
Posts: 7,065
The guy who ****ed a pie turned out to be hack? Who'd have thunk.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 12:30 PM   #737
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 10,925
Michelangelo can finally legally own this nunchucks in New York.

It's kind of funny that it came about because an attorney of all people had been arrested in 2000 for owning them. But at least he was just the guy to be able to try to change the law.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 03:22 AM   #738
Prowler
Emperor
 
Prowler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Portugal
Posts: 7,065
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Michelangelo can finally legally own this nunchucks in New York.

It's kind of funny that it came about because an attorney of all people had been arrested in 2000 for owning them. But at least he was just the guy to be able to try to change the law.
The Turtles are probably outlaws by definition already, so carrying a pair of nunchucks should be the least of Michelangelo's concerns.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 03:33 PM   #739
Dejablue
Hench Mutant
 
Dejablue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: In the USA
Posts: 369
I have a small question about rope darts. In a scenario where this is maybe someone's main weapon, how the heck would a character hold it while its not in use? Like for the turtles every weapon can be tucked into their belt or scabbard. But how do you set aside a long coil of rope when you're not using it to fight?



Sorry this vid only has sound on the left side for headphones.
__________________

^^^^
SHELLHEADS Inc.- A TMNT Discord!

Last edited by Dejablue; 12-20-2018 at 03:47 PM.
Dejablue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 03:45 PM   #740
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,378
You coil it together and stash it into a pouch
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.