The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Buying/Selling/Trading

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2019, 04:27 PM   #21
go_ninja84
Mad Scientist
 
go_ninja84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: st. clair MI
Posts: 2,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by ***First of Two Latin Kings*** View Post
To be clear-- with the exception of the two sets my next door neighbor ordered me from NECA, all the sets I bought and parted out cost me $200 to $220 each on eBay. Most individual figures sold for $60 to $80 shipped on average. After shipping and eBay fees I didn't make much. My goal in this was to get as many axes for one of my racks as I could. People wanting extra Foot Soldiers were extremely appreciative of what I did as were people overseas who wanted just Splinter or Shredder. I don't have to justify myself to anyone here. I didn't gouge anyone considering how expensive eBay fees and shipping are.

You're being advised on your math because math is objective/black and white. It isn't open to interpretation like poetry or painting. We're criticizing a complete lack of logic. I would have parted that set out for maximum value. You hocked it so fast you had someone overseas practically begging for it (who may have paid more than the person who bought it) so if you "took a loss" in your own uneducated opinion it is your own fault anyway.
as i said i was trying to fund a purchase, which i wasnt able to fully do but i was okay with it. there is a difference between selling the set before i was able to reach the overseas buyer and hocking it and taking a loss before selling to him. this deal has long since been done so why are we still discussing? is it because i disagree with you? even if i was able to deal with the buyer i would have never gone through you in the first place and definitely dont need you lecturing me on my math. i wanted to buy something, i sold the set to pay for it. i came a little short end of story. let it be
go_ninja84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 04:27 PM   #22
go_ninja84
Mad Scientist
 
go_ninja84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: st. clair MI
Posts: 2,159
this thread can probably be closed
go_ninja84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 08:59 PM   #23
Dragnskull
Stone Warrior
 
Dragnskull's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Humble, Texas
Posts: 747
Quote:
Originally Posted by go_ninja84 View Post
Nobody but me has any business in my finances let alone advise me on my math. If you all wanna crucify me for that, then that's why I don't sell to often
Don't post on a public forum unless you want said public to respond. Don't post nonsense if you don't want them to point out the nonsense.


Quote:
Originally Posted by go_ninja84 View Post
You guys make it seem like I'm complaining when I'm not, I just stated I had a price in mind which shipping cost took away from that.
yes, saying "i actually took a loss because shipping was more then quoted so after all this im probably pulling out of the BST part of this hobby" is complaining, and since it's an objectively incorrect and silly claim people are going to point it out.
__________________
Looking for something? Visit my eBay store:
TMNT Toys
Current status: 250 items and growing!


Dragnskull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 07:36 AM   #24
go_ninja84
Mad Scientist
 
go_ninja84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: st. clair MI
Posts: 2,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragnskull View Post
Don't post on a public forum unless you want said public to respond. Don't post nonsense if you don't want them to point out the nonsense.
who said anything about me not wanting people to respond? i wanted to sell my set i did. it was a business deal. why do people keep fixating on the same statement? maybe i used the wrong choice of words but jeez get over it


Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragnskull View Post
yes, saying "i actually took a loss because shipping was more then quoted so after all this im probably pulling out of the BST part of this hobby" is complaining, and since it's an objectively incorrect and silly claim people are going to point it out.
you got me man it was all just a cry out for attention i was thinking i could achieve LatinKings status SMH. were done here please moderator delete this thread
go_ninja84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.